Question of the Day, April 3, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, April 3, 2010

When given the option to customize your character's appearance, do you make one that looks like you, or make something completely different?

evilninja60

Feb 22, 2009
well sense i'm a dude and i useally make girl characters if the chance presents itself no i make my character look nothing like me

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
I tend to make my character a more...hmm...what's the word... Ah! Yes! I tend to make my character a more sexcellent version of me. Hard to imagine, I know.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
I'll usually just make it look cool. If the game is online I'll make them look really funny/stupid.

I die all the time in SOCOM because I tried my hardest to make camoflauge that looks like stormtrooper armor.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Usually no, but Saint's Row 2 was the only game that had a camouflage boonie hat for character customization that I've ever played, so I pretty much had to.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
No, not really.

My In-Game Avatar has done nothing wrong, why would I do such a thing to it?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
On the odd occasion, yes, especially for any Sims game, when your not trying to make some kind of warrior to save the world (as in most games), but might just be trying to make a version of your family and house, right down to the minute detail.

With most games though, I'll probably make a rough approximation of Chuck Norris.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Usually try to get thesame facial apperance where I can.

I generally feel more empathy towards a character if they look similar to myself...also helps me with the emersion

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Sometimes if I see the avatar creation screen is complex enough to pull it off... but then after 10 minutes of messing around when I realise it would take too much effort I just go with something cool looking.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Males either look like me or an idealized me (Shepard being the exception, he can stay himself). I make females just look hot.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
most of the time they look like how I'd like to look.
which, of course means, white hair.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
On the first play through yes. But after that, I go make the craziest thing able to be done. Thank you, Saint's Row 2.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
For a first playthrough, yes. I always make a character that resembles myself as much as possible.

On subsequent playthroughs I always try to go for something completely different.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
When creating a male character. I do tend to stick with something that sort of looks like me but transposed to whatever world I'm playing in. (<- As in my avatar taken from The Matrix Online <- ).

I do tend, however, to play female characters and in those cases I tend to make sure they don't look anything like me.