Question of the Day, April 3, 2010

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Julianking93 said:
Yeah, I usually do.

Even if I make a girl character though its not too hard since I look like a girl anyway.
You should make a character look like your Escapist avatar.
Weird thing is that if you take off the cat ears, make her hair long and curly, that's what I look like.

You know, if I were an anime character.
you ARE girly.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Julianking93 said:
Yeah, I usually do.

Even if I make a girl character though its not too hard since I look like a girl anyway.
You should make a character look like your Escapist avatar.
Weird thing is that if you take off the cat ears, make her hair long and curly, that's what I look like.

You know, if I were an anime character.
How about we hook up then.

[HEADING=1]*WINK*[/HEADING]

Zap Happy

Mar 28, 2010
I suppose I do a little. In RPGs I usually try to make a character that looks a little bit like me, just because I like to put myself in the characters shoes. I don't try to make my character look exactly like me, but I usually make it a White male with dark hair. I think I would have trouble putting myself in the place of an Asian woman with neon green dreads.

However, in games like Saints Row 2, I just try to make a cool (or silly) looking guy.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Jaranja said:
How about we hook up then.

[HEADING=1]*WINK*[/HEADING]
Okay, smexy ;)

Onyx Oblivion said:
you ARE girly.
I know. I'm even shaped like a girl.

I've got an almost perfect hour glass figure that makes some women jealous.
Pics or it isn't true.

[sup][sub]*A more subtle wink*[/sub][/sup]

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
My avatars normally look cool. Only when I'm in the Sims do I sometimes try to make myself.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Simalacrum said:
On the odd occasion, yes, especially for any Sims game, when your not trying to make some kind of warrior to save the world (as in most games), but might just be trying to make a version of your family and house, right down to the minute detail.

With most games though, I'll probably make a rough approximation of Chuck Norris.
I think the Sims is the only game where I've ever tried to make a representation of myself. I always end up making my friends too and get them to marry eachother and have children too...... I think I may have said too much.

I don't really take long making avatars though. I normally give 'em a huge horn or weird disfigurement if it's a fantasy game though

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Jaranja said:
Pics or it isn't true.

Believe me, it's true, but I refuse to post a pic of myself online.

But seriously, I've got a pretty feminine figure.

Even my face is feminine.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
If I'm playing as a guy I try to make him look like me depending on what options are available. If I'm playing as a girl I usually make her look as crazy as possible.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Jaranja said:
Pics or it isn't true.

Believe me, it's true, but I refuse to post a pic of myself online.

But seriously, I've got a pretty feminine figure.

Even my face is feminine.
Well, do you have tits?

That would solve the mystery.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
As much as possible, that is of course if I'm not playing as a girl.

But when I'm not doing that, yeah I totally model my in-game avatars after me.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I usually make my character look like my ideal mental picture of myself. Basically they look like a tanner, more muscle-y version of myself.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Ya I try, I'm most proud with my Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. So much so that I plan to take him to the end of the trilogy...

Pickard12

This guy are sick.
Dec 24, 2008
I actually find it quite strange when I attempt to make a character that looks like myself so I usually go for something different.

My two Dragon Age characters, one male and one female, look nothing like me (thankfully). I figure it is boring enough playing 'me' day to day and so I create someone new to inhabit while I play. With Dragon Age I was more concerned with what my character would do and not exactly what I would do.

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
I make all my avatars with brown/black hair and blue eyes (unless I can have creepy white eyes)
But except from that I just try to make them look great.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Normally I just max out all the appearance sliders so that by the end of it they look like a cross between Sarah Jessica Parker and the Predator.