4D Movie Theaters Coming to U.S.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Didn't they have theaters like this in the past? Only with smell instead? Idk I just heard of it in reference on Animal Planet's "Most Extreme" once.

This is going to be a huge niche more than anything. What they should bring back is drive by movie theaters.

Darklupus

Mar 13, 2010
My opinion is kind of mixed. I don't want theater employees to squirt me with a water gun, but I would kind of like to be slimed with some sort of ghost goo, and be able to take some home and or share it on the net. Again, it really depends on the "material" in question that's being "thrown" at us. Another example is: suppose if "Duck Tales" movie is re-released in the theater and Scrooge McDuck is jumping into his money pit, and to give it a "4-D" experience, the movie employees would be throwing money at you. Would you not want that to happen? You would get back your money's worth plus more!

In all, it would depend on what would be thrown at us.

Mar 26, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the fourth dimension, time? So unless the movie can propel you through time and space it ain't 4D. And I can see getting sprayed with water and foul odors getting old pretty quickly.

maidenm

Jul 3, 2012
Went to one of these once. They tried simulating walking trough a forest by whipping the back of our legs, my entire family sat with our knees hugged to our chest after that. The "vibrating" seats felt like being punched in the buttcheeks. I left when the smoke, or whatever it was supposed to be, made it difficult to breathe.

And the movie was boring. Never again.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
We doing this again? I have a few party streamers here WHEEEEE!!!

In all seriousness though is their anything they won't do to try to squeeze more money out of movie-goers?

As if 3-D wasn't terrible enough thats exactly what I want, a dumb pair of glasses that make the movie all fuzzy and fog that obscures my vision more. Oh and lets not forget that amazing new and improved experience of having my snacks covered in water drops to "add to the effect"

*sigh* and I thought the whole 3-D gimmick was terrible...