5-Year-Old Breaks TV, Mother Murders Him

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Wow, this is... beyond sad. So a hunk of metal and plastic is worth more than your own child? What on Earth was this woman's childhood like?!

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Am I the only one who's not surprised? If a kid breaks a TV, their parents WILL beat ten cans of shite out of them.

Then again, that's maybe just my jaded opinion- I had a similar incident of breaking a stereo when I was younger, I won't deny I got it hard- bad bruising, even some concussion. On what my experience of this sort of thing has provided, an accidental killing via beating is inevitable. It's sad, but inevitable.

R.I.P. kid.

Grey_Gore

Feb 10, 2009
The Plunk said:
The vast majority of people will be parents at some point in their lives. And yet, we expect people to just magically know how to raise a kid. If they taught basic parenting classes in schools we could avoid many cases of people failing as parents such as this one. I really can't see any reason why this would be a bad idea.
Basic common sense, maybe... I mean, seriously though, what did she *think* would happen if she hit a 5 year old in the back/stomach repeatedly?

[sub] Mind you, basic parenting would be nice to be taught, but this stuff's just... meh.[/sub]

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Demoliboy2 said:
Wow

Just.. Wow

How can someone even do this, it's it's, unhuman!
Yeah, but not everyone has the experience and knowledge to not buy a Wii, I really wouldn't be that hard with them.

Apart from Wii jokes I don't really know what to say to this. Guess some people only think ten minutes after they act. Because really, wouldn't a normal slap be suffice if you really need to vent?
Now I'm not saying she should have, but it sure is a lot safer than hitting vital body parts with full force...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Arcane Azmadi said:
mattaui said:
No sane attorney would waste his breath trying to argue that she didn't hit the child, so now it's all about trying to say that, well, she didn't mean to kill him. Of course the prosecution will point out that he sustained such injuries that even if she hadn't set out to kill him, she clearly didn't care if he lived or died.

I'll condemn the woman right now, thank you very much.

Captcha: Nationa War. It's trying to tell me something.
Actually, I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there. Truth is, she almost certainly didn't intend to kill him- I highly doubt she thought "fuck, he's broken the TV! I'll kill the little shit and bury him in a shallow grave!" But yes, she clearly didn't care much for him or she wouldn't have been so violent no matter what he'd done.

Still, when you look at it rationally, it seems more like a case of manslaughter than murder. I'm not attempting to excuse it in any way -in fact, I still think the ***** should be dragged out and shot for it, even striking a child in your care in inexcusably evil- but from a purely legal prespective, that's what it is.

God I hate the world.
Interestingly, she's being accused of both murder AND manslaughter. One for hitting the boy hard enough to cause that damage, and one because she refused to take him to the hospital for five days (After which he died.)

Not sure which charge goes with which action, though. Still...it's the first time I've heard of that happening.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Makes me ill. Let's all do the same to her! Punch her in the stomach, cause internal bleeding and leave her to suffer in front of a live audience! We can all laugh at her slow, painful demise. That would be wonderful if it happened, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Surely there's no defence for beating a child to death.

If a child is raised by a family who believe in smacking them when it's warranted then fair enough, but hitting them hard enough to cause internal injury? What the hell is wrong with some people?

Nice to see that there's a few jokes being made above, way to stay classy guys *thumbs up*

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
Yet another senseless Wii related tragedy.

This is why I never bought a Wii...to prevent murder.

Mister Shield

Jan 9, 2011
Alright... How to respond to this.

On one hand, people say we must examine the state and circumstances behind the parent.
And the second- condemn her, for clearly she should have known better.
The third way- So what? People killed for less, and humanity sucks.

Yep... going to have to go with third option. Hear me out now.

In the words of a comedian-

"There are many things, that you can point to, that humans, are not smart. But my personal favorite would have to be, that we had to invent the helmet. What was happening, apparently, is that we were involved in a lot of activities that were cracking our heads.

We chose not to avoid these activities but instead come up with some sort of device to help us to continue to enjoy, our headcracking lifestyle.

The helmet.

Even that didn't work, because enough people weren't wearing them, so we had to come up with the helmet law, which is even stupider because the idea behind the helmet law is to preserve a brain, who's judgement is so poor, that it doesn't even try to prevent the cracking of the head it's in!"

Jerry Seinfeld.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
This is why I think hitting your child can be wrong >< We need to invent some sort of rage thing that we all get for free to vent out rage on

Punchbag, thats it

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
This is undeniable proof that television directly causes violent murderous satanic sociopathic desensitised rapist tendencies.

Mister Shield

Jan 9, 2011

On one hand, people say we must examine the state and circumstances behind the parent.

"There are many things, that you can point to, that humans, are not smart. But my personal favorite would have to be, that we had to invent the helmet. What was happening, apparently, is that we were involved in a lot of activities that were cracking our heads.

We chose not to avoid these activities but instead come up with some sort of device to help us to continue to enjoy, our headcracking lifestyle.

The helmet.

Even that didn't work, because enough people weren't wearing them, so we had to come up with the helmet law, which is even stupider because the idea behind the helmet law is to preserve a brain, who's judgement is so poor, that it doesn't even try to prevent the cracking of the head it's in!"

Jerry Seinfeld

Mister Shield

Jan 9, 2011

The helmet.

Jerry Seinfeld

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well so much for my happy Wednesday.
There is absolutely no excuse for the woman's actions. Nothing is more valuable than a child's life and yet this woman placed a replaceable TV over her own child by acting the way she did. She deserves the full penalty of the law in this matter.
It isn't so much a matter of being a parent as it is being human. That much rage is a cue to just walk away. Punch a wall if you need to hit something. Hell, punch the stupid Wii. That would help get your rage down and destroy something better off not in your home.
The Plunk said:
The vast majority of people will be parents at some point in their lives. And yet, we expect people to just magically know how to raise a kid. If they taught basic parenting classes in schools we could avoid many cases of people failing as parents such as this one. I really can't see any reason why this would be a bad idea.
There are already lots of parenting classes out there, a lot offered for free with government subsidies paying for it. If you are talking about making it a requirement, that would be a waste of time considering the number of people that would get missed as they get missed for everything else. Between illegal immigrants and people who don't just give a damn, that's a lot of people who won't get the training, and who will kill their child through neglect or abuse such as this. Sadly, short of licenses for people to have children, there really isn't going to be anything effective enough. And short of countries like China, I don't see any nation going to that extreme anytime soon.

This woman is going to have to go through the rest of her life with the knowledge that she killed her own son over a stupid tv. One would hope that some good might come of this and she works to help others avoid such situations.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Anyone else seeing the next Fox News headline?

"Gaming Causes Mother to Kill Her Child.
Gaming to blame. It's all the fault of gaming."