6 worst pokemon species

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
The Ice Cream one (what were they thinking!?)
The Candle one (What were they thinking)
Combee (What the f**k is it? It's a bee in the shape of a honeycone?)
Sunkern (A sunflower...what were they thinking!?)
Trubish (Garbage...what were they thinking!?)
Mr Mime (This is sort of personal, but I hate this guy)
The candle has one of the highest sp. Atk stats in the game, even higher than alakazam, and can be a great force on your team with its 90 in both stats a great fire/ghost dual type, awesome ability in flash fire, and naturally learns shadow ball.

Likewise vanilluxe is also a great special attack who learns ice beam on level up (the only good ice move early on unless you want to bother with the 40 power always crit or inaccuracy of blizzard) and has a very solid stat distrubution in both attacks and defenses and good move pool.

Vespiqueen (female only evolutions of combee) are incredibly bulky with both defenses having a base 102 stat and both attacks having 80. Couple in a sixty power stab move that can boost all your stats, two high power stab attacks, and a reliable healing move exclusive to her makes them a great team choice.

And mr. Mime well I used them over all other psychic types till third gens medicham and gardevoir because they too are bulky pokemon that can help the team with both walls in their pool and a respectable offensive pool (magical leaf on heart scale and psychic at 39.

OT: Idont know for sure because I can always find a use for a pokemon depending on the team you want to use. However, I would say the ones Ihave the most trouble with or at least the ones that are outclassed in everyway are:
Delibird
Pidgeot
Garbodor
Dunsparce
Macargo
And Furret

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
emeraldrafael said:
I think I misread the OP, All the Pokemon I selected were based on looks alone (because they do look awful, no matter how you look at it) and people keep telling me they are strong, which is not what I based them on.

eh, every generation has bad designs, and really the first generation has had the majority of the worst. thats why I dont hang up on designs.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
-Luvdisc
I didn't play through Gold/Silver, so I didn't experience the alleged zoo of god-awful, bland pokes from that generation (hi there Unown Alphabet Soup) but I did play Ruby/Sapphire" and that has Luvdisc.
Luvdisc is made of pure FAIL.

It's a Water type (by far the most oversaturated type in the game) with horrid stats and no distinguishing abilities.
They exist so you can steal Heart Scales from them. That's it.
So really, this Poke exists solely to get VICTIMIZED. How pathetic is that?

Magikarp is DQ'ed because as shit as it is on its own, it has potential to become something amazing.
Which doesn't represent its SPECIES very well. Also applies to Feebas.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
emeraldrafael said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
emeraldrafael said:
I think I misread the OP, All the Pokemon I selected were based on looks alone (because they do look awful, no matter how you look at it) and people keep telling me they are strong, which is not what I based them on.

eh, every generation has bad designs, and really the first generation has had the majority of the worst. thats why I dont hang up on designs.
They say this every new gen. The bigger problem with this generation was the power creep- stuff like Excadrill being insane if you let it set up, and now the new Kyurem formes with their broken 170 Base attack stats. At least Deo-A could be taken with a priority move- these guys have decent bulk as well.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Fractral said:
emeraldrafael said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
emeraldrafael said:

They say this every new gen. The bigger problem with this generation was the power creep- stuff like Excadrill being insane if you let it set up, and now the new Kyurem formes with their broken 170 Base attack stats. At least Deo-A could be taken with a priority move- these guys have decent bulk as well.
If you are going to be battling with others, then generally all "Legendary" Pokemon are banned. Legendaries are supposed to be OverPowered, hell just look at the Pseudo-Legendary Volcarona. At level 75 that thing is an absolute beast and can solo most of the end-game (at least in Pokemon Black/White).
I know, I play competitively. I was just referring to the fact that even in smogon Ubers, they are pretty broken. Although somehow the Ubers Tier manages to self regulate itself. I love volcarona too, but as much as I love it, I hate how it forces me to run a spinner as well so that it isn't completely useless when someone uses stealth rock.
Then again, I'd probably use Starmie on my team anyway.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
I just wanna say I'm deeply humbled by how out of the loop I've become with the whole pokemon thing after skipping 2 generations.

Am I the only one who just picks the ones that look cool?

Yes?

...Okay.

On topic, Eggsecutor seems to be one of the worst move/stat wise. That's what I heard anyway.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Well considering it's black/white 2 your playing I'll just list the most terrible ones you can catch.

Delibird
Grimer
Alomomola
Pelliper
Corsola
Ditto

Good luck with that team, you'll need it.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
DaMullet said:
The thing is, is that I will be evolving them. Gyarados is actually one of my main ones I use now so magikarp is out.
You said you wanted to give yourself some challenge, so just...don't evolve Magikarp?
Even more challenge. Don't evolve any of them!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Make a team from any of the Pokémon on the list in these videos:

Part 1 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGvn_UcxPGY] Part 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdN9YhOxdTk]

Or from my personal worst by type:

NORMAL: Dunsparce
FLYING: Pelipper
DRAGON: Altaria
ROCK/GROUND: Golem
FIGHTING: Toxicroak
POISON: Garbodor
GRASS/BUG: Parasect
FIRE: Magcargo
ELECTRIC: Magnezone
PSYCHIC: Wobbuffet
GHOST: Gengar
DARK: Liepard
WATER: Phione
ICE: Cryogonal
STEEL: Forretress

EDIT: I see a lot of Dunsparce on this thread. Could it be Dunsparce is the absolute worst Pokémon in the entire multiverse?

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
GamemasterAnthony said:
Make a team from any of the Pokémon on the list in these videos:

Part 1 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGvn_UcxPGY] Part 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdN9YhOxdTk]

Or from my personal worst by type:

NORMAL: Dunsparce
FLYING: Pelipper
DRAGON: Altaria
ROCK/GROUND: Golem
FIGHTING: Toxicroak
POISON: Garbodor
GRASS/BUG: Parasect
FIRE: Magcargo
ELECTRIC: Magnezone
PSYCHIC: Wobbuffet
GHOST: Gengar
DARK: Liepard
WATER: Phione
ICE: Cryogonal
STEEL: Forretress

EDIT: I see a lot of Dunsparce on this thread. Could it be Dunsparce is the absolute worst Pokémon in the entire multiverse?
I saw that post you made a few weeks ago. I agreed with most of your choices but I'd have to disagree on Toxicroak- it performs a unique role in OU as one of the only fighting types to get an ability which benefits them in rain, allowing, with its poison STAB, it to counter grass types which might otherwise be able to sweep the team. In addition, Magnezone and Gengar are considered to be powerful pokemon- Magnezone being able to resist many offensive types while trapping steels which might stop a dragon sweep, and Gengar having very good stats and the movepool to abuse them.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
DaMullet said:
The thing is, is that I will be evolving them. Gyarados is actually one of my main ones I use now so magikarp is out.

Zubat I thought for sure was in. Slackoth is an interesting idea, and ekans I'll probably add in because it has fan pages.

Sunkern sucks so that's in.

These are great! But I need more!
If you're going to be evolving them, Zubat and Slakoth aren't really applicable. Zubat evolves into Golbat and later Crobat, who are incredibly useful, and pack a fair punch for how fast they are with the one major downside being their relatively low Defense, and Slakoth evolves into Slaking, who, while he does have one of the worst abilities in the entire franchise, also has the highest base stat total of all non-legendary Pokemon. You could include him just because he only gets to use a move once every two turns, but he still packs a hell of a punch and can take a major beating.

Sunkern is absolutely pathetic, and Sunflora isn't much better.
Bidoof is worthless, and one of the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen.
Shuckle has insanely high Defense, but everything else is so low that he's useless for anything more than soaking damage.
Shedinja has an awesome gimmick, but in reality you'll find that most teams (at least Gyms and the Elite Four) will have at least one Pokemon that is Super Effective against him, rendering him completely useless because he literally can't even take one hit.
Chimecho is rare as all hell and one of the weakest Psychic Pokemon to ever be created.
Delibird is just... he's a joke Pokemon. That's really the only way to put it.

Of course, if this is Black/White 2 we're talking about I don't know how many of those you'd actually be able to get early in the game, so...