6 Year Old Drives To School Courtesy Of "GTA Skills"

Jul 9, 2008
Brokkr said:
Why the hell is a 6 year old kid playing GTA in the first place? Nice parenting, who here bets they blame the game?
Unfortuantly, its a matter of when, not if.
Slim Reaper10 said:
thats nothing. in Ohio a 4 year old shot his babysitter because he stepped on his feet by mistake.

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-shoots-babysitter-cops-say/294393
Well, that kid won't be sociopathic at all anywhere down the line.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
This kid is such a legend. It took me hours to learn to start a car without stalling. GTA doesn't teach you that.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
6 is far too young to be playing GTA, but that's not the major issue. All kids will make a large mistake in their early life, and it just so happens this kid made an absolutly huge one. Whilst it is questionable how right it was for the parents to supply him with the game in the first place, it may not be them to blame. Maybe the kid was shit-scared of his gym teacher. Or really likes school. I dunno. I doubt it too, but it's possible.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
nice one, parents should definitely pay more attencion especially what a 6 years old is playing.

Meatstorm

Jan 4, 2009
Now that theres some proof that buy playing GTA i can learn to drive a car ill just ditch the lessons for drivers lisence and buy GTA instead

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
inu-kun said:
He could learned it from just about everything that shows someone driving, GTA has nothing to do with it (even less, considering you don't see the way you drive, or change gears).
I was thinking the same thing. I think he probably watched his parents while they drove (a shocking revelation, I know) and then decided to try it out when he panicked about not making it to school on time. He was just hoping it might be as easy as GTA, is all.

Nobody's a perfect parent, but I'm more curious as to how the child obtained the keys. Did mom accidentally leave her purse unattended? ...or were the parents snorting cocaine, tossed him the keys, and asked him to pick up some groceries while he was out?

Sirisaxman

Jun 8, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Slim Reaper10 said:
thats nothing. in Ohio a 4 year old shot his babysitter because he stepped on his feet by mistake.

http://news.aol.com/article/4-year-old-shoots-babysitter-cops-say/294393
See I am starting to hate article headings. I know you are meant to read on to get the full story, but why is it hard to say '4 year old shoots babysitter with pellet gun'?
Because it was a shotgun. Most shotguns use some sort of pellet or buckshot inside their shells. If it was just a regular pellet gun, I don't think the sitter would have been hospitalised, unless he was shot in the face or something.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Did the parents buy the kid the game? Did they even know he had it? The article doesn't mention that at all. When I was a kid, I had games I hid from my parents, because obviously if they knew I had them they would be taken away. If that was the case, charging the parents seems unfair, it's not like they told the kid to steal the car and get to class. I'm a parent too, and if my kid decided to do something stupid (and they all do at some point), I wouldn't want to be charged with something I couldn't stop.

Nov 28, 2007
At least there isn't anyone commenting that they went too far taking the kid into protective custody. Believe it or not, there are actually people on Kotaku that said "Parents cannot be responsible for their kids every second" or even "boys will be boys." Why, oh why do these idiots (both the commentators and the parents) have the right to speak and procreate? Props to the kid for making it so far. Just wait until he can actually get his license.

Nov 28, 2007
Mr. Valentine said:
jebussaves88 said:
All kids will make a large mistake in their early life
yeah, wen i was 3, i stuck my sisters car keas in an electric outlet ZzZzZaAaAaAaP!!!!!!!!!
When I was three, I stepped on a rusty nail. Barefooted. Twice.

Edit: And Cheeze, there's a big difference between letting your kid walk outside when you are watching them and a tragedy happening, and giving your 6-year-old an M-rated game, then leaving your car keys within easy reach, not making sure your kid gets to the bus stop on time, not waiting to make sure he didn't miss the bus, and above all, not making sure he realizes the difference between fiction and reality. I mean, this isn't some 13-year-old kid who decided to take the keys and sneak the car away. The kid was 6. I'm sorry, but when you have a 6-year-old kid, you have to take certain precautions. Hell, I walked my brother to school until he turned 8, and made sure I was there to walk him home after school, just to make sure he was safe.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Wow, he's already better at driving then me. I could not have survived 90% of the things he came across.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
HA!... I lawled, that was brilliant... bad parenting aside I don't think the two should be taken away, but at least punished perhaps... the parents punished I mean...It's not like they actually allow the kid to drive normally, just play graphic video games.

I have a friend whose been playing zombie games with his father since he was five. The only negative side effect at this point is that now almost every dream he has involves zombies, which isn't so much negative as hilarious...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
His parents must have given him some infomation about how to drive, GTA dosn't exactly go into detail...

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
D_987 said:
His parents must have given him some infomation about how to drive, GTA dosn't exactly go into detail...
I'm with you. But I still think protective custody isn't going to fix it. We honestly can't say how to blame the parents are.

Mr. Valentine

Dec 24, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Mr. Valentine said:
jebussaves88 said:
All kids will make a large mistake in their early life
yeah, wen i was 3, i stuck my sisters car keas in an electric outlet ZzZzZaAaAaAaP!!!!!!!!!
When I was three, I stepped on a rusty nail. Barefooted. Twice.
OUCH, damn that must have STUNG LIKE A BICH, how long did you cry, if at all.......i didnt cry when i got zaped, i was LAGHING MY ASS OFF "big spark mommy BIG SPARK"