Force Unleashed 2 DLC Features Disturbing Wookie Death

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Force Unleashed 2 DLC Features Disturbing Wookie Death

The invincible heroes of the Star Wars saga aren't so invincible in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

***Spoiler Alert***: This post and the accompanying video totally spoil Force Unleashed 2's Endor DLC.

In killing Ewoks [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Unleashed-Playstation-3/dp/B0030F1DOO] on his mind. The recently released "what if" scenario also features the somewhat disturbing deaths of Star Wars characters that just aren't supposed to die.

The Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi would have gone much differently if Dark Side Starkiller were around. Footage of the Endor DLC shows Starkiller taking on a tag-team of Han Solo and Chewbacca. Solo is armed with a missile launcher, while Chewbacca pilots an AT-ST. Starkiller not only shoves his lightsaber into the faces of cute, little Ewoks during the battle, but roasts Chewbacca in the AT-ST's cockpit with his Force lightning.

Once he brings Chewbacca's health bar down to nothing, a QTE phase begins that will disturb any Star Wars fan. Starkiller pulls Chewbacca out of the cockpit, slaps him around, and actually makes Solo do the dirty deed of finishing the Wookie off. Once Chewbacca is out of the way, Solo meets his doom with a lightsaber through the heart.

In a later segment, Starkiller even takes out Leia. I like that LucasArts was willing to take such extreme measures with popular Star Wars characters, but these scenes are messed up. Watching Chewbacca die is like seeing an old friend and pet get killed at the same time.

Source: IGN [http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1140252p1.html]

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
That's... dark. Really dark.

And I like that, you know. Yeah, that's exactly what they were going for and it works, really. It's supposed to be dark, it's supposed to be hard to watch for Star Wars fans.

It's pretty good.

Also,
doesn't Chewbacca die at some point later in some book or something/

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Frankly I couldn't look past the obvious glitches, such as Chewbacca appearing outside the walker then reappearing in starkillers hands

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
That sounds so awesome! Still no inclination towards getting this game though

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I second the glitches, that better not be a retail level trailer, it looks like a late gen PS2 game.

Quite funny seeing Chewbacca and Han Solo die like complete muppets though, very out of character.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
My feelings were Ninja'd from across the world.

Yahtzee said:
So I look forward to seeing how the fanboys justify The Force Unleashed II, because it is the most grossly offensive and mishandled application of intellectual property since the Schindler's List Easy-Bake Oven.
You do not kill the most favourite characters in a franchise unless it's plot driven, tearful, and canonical. If you're going to do a what-if situation (Something Star Wars has done for a while. Remember the Alternate Ending to Episode 3 in the Movie game anyone?) then you're standing on shaky ground, and Star Wars ground has been shaky since the Phantom Menace, so it was an earthquake by the time by the time Starkiller shown his face. Ground that Lucas Arts clearly thought that the best thing to do would be to drop the biggest, dirtiest and stupidest bomb right down on the ground.

Calumon: Jack, I wanna see! I heard Chewee! I like Chewee!

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Does Harrison Ford know about this? Somebody should tell him. I wonder if he'd have a little party...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
...Ok, now George is LITERALLY killing our childhood memories at this point :'(

Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: Jack, I wanna see! I heard Chewee! I like Chewee!
(Sniff) Trust me, you do NOT want to see what just happened.

Duffy13

May 18, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
That's... dark. Really dark.

And I like that, you know. Yeah, that's exactly what they were going for and it works, really. It's supposed to be dark, it's supposed to be hard to watch for Star Wars fans.

It's pretty good.

Also,
doesn't Chewbacca die at some point later in some book or something/
Yea, he get's hit with a moon.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Man, watching that made fell like getting kicked in the balls.

Part of me is like "No! This shouldn't be allowed to exist!" and the other half thinks " Thats so wrong, but I like it."

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Wow... I mean... I love the whole darkness of it all. Killing off two people that have meant so much to so many...

But... I think my thoughts are summed up above:

Jack and Calumon said:
You do not kill the most favourite characters in a franchise unless it's plot driven, tearful, and canonical. If you're going to do a what-if situation (Something Star Wars has done for a while. Remember the Alternate Ending to Episode 3 in the Movie game anyone?) then you're standing on shaky ground, and Star Wars ground has been shaky since the Phantom Menace, so it was an earthquake by the time by the time Starkiller shown his face. Ground that Lucas Arts clearly thought that the best thing to do would be to drop the biggest, dirtiest and stupidest bomb right down on the ground.

MalevolentStaircase

Mar 21, 2010
Ok I guess him being shot by his best friend is bad, but when he threw him, did the AT thing really have to fall on his corpse? And what purpose does this scene serve? Its not canon so I guess LucasArts really is full of douchebags.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
That's just sadistic.
I've just ignored everything about Starwars since the original trilogy because the makers of these things just can't stay away from the original story. But now, I'm just pissed off. That was pointless and horrible.
I've had a particular gripe with what the Force Unleashed does to the story, with how overpowered they make Starkiller and stuff like that. This is just pushing it though.