Force Unleashed 2 DLC Features Disturbing Wookie Death

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Take your favourite franchise, series, film, game or TV show. Now go read a fanfic in which they all have sex with each other, even if they had no emotions or didn't even meet. Even read a Slash-Fic, a fiction where two characters meet in other franchises and then have sex, anything.
Okay, I'm not going to look for a fanfic where Ghost and McTavish get it on, thank you very much.

However, with that said, the only reason this very... jarringly out of character. And sometimes very in-detail, and, therefore, horrifying.

Nothing like that here. Han Solo and Chewie actually can die, that's one. They don't get horrifically murdered in bloody detail or torn to shreds, that's two.

Really, is this scene going to, in any way, change your perception of the characters? Of course, not. In fact, it's a different timeline - they might as well not be themselves. I don't see how this is supposed to matter one bit, even if you will remember the situation.

If it evokes sadness, they succeeded. If you believe they should've given the characters a far more deserving send-off even in this pseudo-side story, that's absolutely fine. However, this in no way makes it "the biggest, dirtiest and stupidest bomb".

Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: Arguing makes me sad... : (
Yeah. Not particularly fond of it, too. Except when it's about politics.

With that said, I think it's unfair that LucasArts are being reprimanded for getting somewhat creative because seeing familiar characters get killed in some fanfic-equivealent upsets them.

P.S. No, I'm not going to look for the MW2 slash fics. However, I would be interested to know if those actually existed.

Not going to check that. NSFS (not safe for soul).
Bless me father for I am about to sin.
Enjoy your GhostXMactavish
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732024/1/Casualties

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
In a later segment, Starkiller even takes out Leia. I like that LucasArts was willing to take such extreme measures with popular Star Wars characters, but these scenes are messed up. Watching Chewbacca die is like seeing an old friend and pet get killed at the same time.>
These scenes reek of god of war style childishness. The writer is doing his playground best to say "Nuh-uh! Not only is my character the most badassest guy that... that there ever was but he could totally kill like all those... a whole bunch of the other guys! And stuff. BANG BANG BANG" I frankly, hate that.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
RobCoxxy said:
Holy fuck, was that depressing.
That's pretty much how I felt. Though I also feel like this game finally did something with the story to impress me. Take us somewhere we would never expect.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
RobCoxxy said:
Holy fuck, was that depressing.
That's pretty much how I felt. Though I also feel like this game finally did something with the story to impress me. Take us somewhere we would never expect.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Muhahahah!
Not so smug now, are you, Solo?

Seriously, even though the prequel trilogy stinks to high heaven, at least it showed what bad ass power Sith and Jedi can have. No way normal characters stand a chance agains them.
So it's realistic in that sense.

minespatch

Jan 13, 2011
Once again, Gary Stukiller has struck once again.

I only played the first game's first two levels and could not connect with any of the characters(even Vader) due to the word "ret-con" being played in my mind continuously. This just proves how much I can take from these two games.

Censorme

Nov 19, 2009
What kind of sadistic nerds are funding this cruel game?
I'll never play this cash-milking garbage.

The Old Republic on the other hand..