6th Grader Shoots Potential Rapist

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
GunsmithKitten said:
hazabaza1 said:
6th grader shoots house invader would be more appropriate.
Sure he's a shitty guy but nothing in those articles indicates that he was planning to molest or rape anyone. Nothing happened, no past offences. People seem to be going "RAEP" just to sensationalize this and get more views.
Yep, because as we know, people who break into people's houses, especially when the person is still home, have safe intentions in mind. /sarcasm
If it's the bit about me saying "nothing happened" then I meant that he hadn't actually raped someone. Until he has or admits his intentions calling him a rapist is view whoring by the article writers.
People can also break into houses for reasons other than molesting someone and at times may very well not know if a person is home.

Keep your sarcasm where's it's relevant please.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Tony said:
Where was Big Daddy when this happened?
Undersea vacation.

Criminals do run the risk of being shot in a home invasion. Especially when the person doing the shooting is 12, and a girl, and armed.

Yup.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
She should have shot him again to make sure he was dead. 'Cause now he can sue her family for 'damages'.

http://www.wistv.com/story/19904154/suspect-in-burglary-sues-homeowner-who-shot-him

DeathStreamer

Jan 9, 2011
"I think it's going to change me a whole lot, knowing that I can hold my head up high and nothing can hurt me anymore."
Sounds like she'll grow up to be an excellent american girl, thinking guns will make her safe and solve all her problems.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
1: Kick Ass is over rated and about as deep as a kiddie pool during a drought.
2: Aren't we glad that the girl is safe? I sure am!
3: This:
TephlonPrice said:
The intruder got a gunshot and he's about to get his booty violated in the cell block.

Job well done, 12 year old girl.
Is unacceptable.
So, is what your trying to tell me is that rape is a good thing in some cases?
Like, if it's an "ironic" punishment for a male criminal?
What if the intruder had been female? Would you have made the same "joke"?
No, because rape can't really be considered "appropriate" or "laughable" unless the victim's a man.
If we strip away the societal context of the joke, you've basically now said that SOME rape is ok. Of course, you basically get away with it, because the listeners are supposed to find the perpetrator reprehensible/sub-human and therefore an acceptable target for anything.
For example, I could reasonably be forgiven for saying "If I knew a Nazi, I'd decapitate him, peel the flesh from his face, place my fingers in his still dripping eye sockets, and bowl his recently scalped cranium into a woodchipper. I would then use the brain matter to feed other nazis". Sure, that example is extreme, but if we attach the word "Nazi" to the beginning why does it strangely feel more acceptable? Even with the word "nazi" added in as my "get out of jail free card", I've still just admitted to desiring the brutal murder, desecration, and mutilation of another man because I disagree with his personal philosophy.
Is that REALLY the society we want to live in?
Please reconsider this opinion.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Tony said:
Where was Big Daddy when this happened?
I'd like to present you the honor of being "Post of the week."

Also, I can only wonder how this would've ended if she DIDN'T have her mom's glock.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Yeah a happy ending.

But I do have a problem with the "rapist" part. The only defense of that term anyone has offered so far is that he went after the girl in the closet instead of just stealing stuff.

Which is fine so far as it goes (it certainly doesn't look good) but I didn't see any evidence in either of the links that he knew she was in the closet.

Sooo, why do we think he was going after the girl as opposed to just looking in the closet for stuff to take? If I have missed something then fair enough, but as far as I can see people are sensationalizing this most unfairly.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
FINALLY SOMEONE IS SAVED BY HAVING A GUN!!!!

*CELEBRATION*

I mean... How dare that 12 year old have access to a firearm. #Sarcasm

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
SadakoMoose said:
TephlonPrice said:
The intruder got a gunshot and he's about to get his booty violated in the cell block.

Is unacceptable.
No, because rape can't really be considered "appropriate" or "laughable" unless the victim's a man.
If we strip away the societal context of the joke, you've basically now said that SOME rape is ok. Of course, you basically get away with it, because the listeners are supposed to find the perpetrator reprehensible/sub-human and therefore an acceptable target for anything.
For example, I could reasonably be forgiven for saying "If I knew a Nazi, I'd decapitate him, peel the flesh from his face, place my fingers in his still dripping eye sockets, and bowl his recently scalped cranium into a woodchipper. I would then use the brain matter to feed other nazis". Sure, that example is extreme, but if we attach the word "Nazi" to the beginning why does it strangely feel more acceptable? Even with the word "nazi" added in as my "get out of jail free card", I've still just admitted to desiring the brutal murder, desecration, and mutilation of another man because I disagree with his personal philosophy.
Actually, I'd be for the joke even if said potential rapist was a female.

You know why?

CAUSE ITS A FUCKING RAPIST! Yeah a rape joke is okay if the butt of the joke falls on a RAPIST.

Also, did you just describe the desire to genocide entire groups of Gays, Gypsies and Jews as "Personal Philosophy"?

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Keoul said:
Kurt Cristal said:
Well, as the article points out, the intruder didn't start taking things, his first instinct was to hunt down down the girl. So yeah. Maybe we are jumping the gun but still, there it is.
Again they didn't "rape" anyone so why are they being called a rapist?
They hasn't raped anyone or at least from what we're told, the article didn't exactly tell us their name or past history. They could've just wanted some nice clothes from the closet...
Does he have to physically violate a child before he can be shot? Sure does not paint a good light when there seem to be a number of factors here that child predators watch for, like parents leaving children at home alone, the fact he was not looting randomly and seemed to seek out this child i mean common.

he breaks into a house, irreguardless of his intent, i think it is safe to assume that most people would be scared quite possibly for their very lives, and a near 100% certainty for a child. and that lest over here is grounds to shoot someone.

give this girl a medal and therapy so she is not traumatized by the possibilities or the act of shooting someone.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Imthatguy said:
SlaveNumber23 said:
Keoul said:
I thinks we're all jumping the gun by assuming the intruder is a rapist when the only crime they committed so far was home invasion.
Also damn, America needs better locks.
Better to assume the person who has broken into your home is a rapist or murderer than let your guard down and give them a chance to take advantage of you.
Totally but the point is that the term 'potential rapist' was stuck to him by the media cynically trying to gain some sympathy points and ratings.
That's true, they misuse the term here. You could technically call any human being a 'potential rapist' and not be incorrect, another one of those terms that doesn't really mean anything and serves only the purpose of shoving some additional interest into the article.

cerebus23 said:
Keoul said:
Kurt Cristal said:
Well, as the article points out, the intruder didn't start taking things, his first instinct was to hunt down down the girl. So yeah. Maybe we are jumping the gun but still, there it is.
Again they didn't "rape" anyone so why are they being called a rapist?
They hasn't raped anyone or at least from what we're told, the article didn't exactly tell us their name or past history. They could've just wanted some nice clothes from the closet...
Does he have to physically violate a child before he can be shot? Sure does not paint a good light when there seem to be a number of factors here that child predators watch for, like parents leaving children at home alone, the fact he was not looting randomly and seemed to seek out this child i mean common.

he breaks into a house, irreguardless of his intent, i think it is safe to assume that most people would be scared quite possibly for their very lives, and a near 100% certainty for a child. and that lest over here is grounds to shoot someone.

give this girl a medal and therapy so she is not traumatized by the possibilities or the act of shooting someone.
The issue is not whether the man deserved to be shot or not, but whether or not he can be called a 'rapist'. The man definitely deserved to be shot, as far as I'm concerned if you break into someone's house, regardless of your intentions, you can burn. However there is insufficient evidence to call this man a 'rapist'.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
SadakoMoose said:
TephlonPrice said:

Is unacceptable.
Actually, I'd be for the joke even if said potential rapist was a female.

You know why?

CAUSE ITS A FUCKING RAPIST! Yeah a rape joke is okay if the butt of the joke falls on a RAPIST.

Also, did you just describe the desire to genocide entire groups of Gays, Gypsies and Jews as "Personal Philosophy"?
Let's leave the ex reality show hosts out of this...
1: We're not talking about rape jokes, we're talking about your amusement at the concept of rape being inflicted as an ironic or just punishment. Again, is some Rape ok in your mind?
2: Like I said, it's an extreme example. This was not meant to imply that atrocities committed by the Nazis were somehow excusable as a "point of view". However, what I'm tying to get across is that MAYBE it's a bad idea to answer ugliness with ugliness. Maybe, it's better to try and move forward as human beings, rather than satisfying ourselves with cheap cathartic crap.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
Well, at the end of the day, nobody was killed and the burglar was apprehended. Good outcome.
I think the whole "potential rapist" thing was added to the headline to ramp up the sensationalism and drama (though in a clever way, because we don't know and now may never know whether he actually intended to commit rape, which makes him a potential rapist in the sense that anyone could be described as a "potential rapist).