7 year old girl shot dead while selling some lemonade

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
You guys want to know the worst part?
Her first name was Heaven Heaven had asked to move out of the neighborhood where the family had lived for six months because of the violence there.Seriously those parents are fucking idiots for bringing their daughter to a place like that. Hope the lower rent was worth it, cause now you've got plenty left over TO PAY FOR HER FUNERAL!
Daystar Clarion said:
Gun Control Thread Imminency Senses...

Tingling!

It sucks, but this isn't news, not really, this shit happens everyday.

My sympathies are with the girl's family, regardless.
We don't need gun control
WE NEED BULLET CONTROL!
Biodeamon said:
As Cave Jhonson said:
"I don't want your damn lemons! the hell am i supposed to do with these!?"
To think her life might have been spared if only those damn Eastcoast limousine liberal Intellectual elitists had the balls to fund the lemon grenade initiative.
Eri said:
First off, this isn't new. 2ndly, she was out at 10 a clock at night in a known bad neighborhood. Her parents are halfway to blame.
Source please?
You clearly don't understand poverty.
You don't live in a crime filled poverty stricken area so you can save some extra money on rent you do it because you HAVE to. Do you think the hoods throughout the world would be so populated if they weren't the only affordable place for the people there? (Who still most likely can't afford it but get by with the minimum they have)

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Now that is what I would call depressing news. That really puts me into a sad mood as that is just horrible. =(

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Biodeamon said:
As Cave Johnson said:
"I don't want your damn lemons! the hell am i supposed to do with these!?"
Ooo, Too soon, Too soon.
Um, I guess we can pretty much summarise this with: "Murica" really. Noticing the pattern of gun related crimes coming from Murica. May as well give guns to a group of toddlers, as seemingly they're the ones who are going to be victims of stray fire anyway.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Res Plus said:
Considerably less people get in sensible countries where guns aren't freely legal. I know I am probably just a retarded, brainwashed Communist Limey Euro-hippy but I will never understand why anyone would need to buy a gun.
To protect yourself from other people with guns/pointy or blunt objects who intend to maim, kill, or otherwise harm you.

This is certainly a sad story and I'm somehow certain the gang members who had that shootout aren't too terribly proud of themselves either. It's not an argument for gun control though, as legally acquired weaponry isn't the issue...these are folks having a gun battle in the streets. I'm sure they're not too bothered by trivial things like "gun licenses" or laws pertaining to firearms. :D

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
KingsGambit said:
Sympathy for the girl and her bereaved family, none at all for the USA. They are happy and adamant to continue allowing guns to be privately owned, this is the inevitable result. Americans have no right to bemoan both the tragic loss of a child's life and their personal, inalienable right to own guns.

One is the consequence of the other so you make your bed and lie in it.
What does the US have to do with this thread? Stupid generalizations on the internet piss me off more than an exploitative shock story about a little girl caught up in a gunfight in the slums.

Its been said like three times already, but I'll say it again because its true. Outlawing weapons here wouldn't make stuff like this cease to happen. It would only drive the market for said weapons underground. An expanded black market for firearms would only INCREASE violent crime.

We can either agree that there are some cultural differences between this country and yours, or you can be ignorant and intolerant and continue to spew bilious generalizations about a place that you've probably never even been to.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Res Plus said:
I'd rather work so that no one had any guns, pointy or blunt objects rather than try to arm everyone.

As to your other point, I think it's pretty clear that getting hold of weapons legally or illegally is far easier in a country where weapons can be legally imported and freely sold.

Here, there are plenty of stabbings on a Friday and Saturday night but shootings are very, very rare because all guns are so strictly tracked and controlled, so it is hard for legally imported models to fall into the wrong hands. There is also no culture of gun ownership as such, so people are much less likely to feel normalised around weapons of this nature and less ready to allow an illict sale.

Even when there are shootings its often with "replicas" that have had firing pins machined illegally. Ammunition is also much more heavily controlled and lack of that limits the damage that can be done.

It is interesting how being brought up in different cultures affects one's view point, you'd struggle to find many people in the UK on either side of the political spectrum arguing for less gun control.
Hey now, sir. I too would prefer to live in a world where weaponry wasn't created, maintained, and employed specifically to harm other members of our species, but that's just not how the world works.

I'm not arguing for one side of the other in this debate either, I'm merely pointing out facts based on the current state of US gun control as it relates to crimes.

Now, I'm not very familiar with the criminal world over in the UK, but I was under the impression that organized criminal elements, regardless of their location in the world, are able to acquire weaponry if they have the necessary capital. Perhaps it isn't as prevalent over there... I'd love statistics on it.

The US is probably miles ahead of anyone else in terms of gun-related deaths though.

Dec 14, 2009
ManThatYouFear said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Tingling!

its not news? it happen every day?

people like you that fuck these countrys up, you stay in your moms basement and be ignorant to the world around you.
Yes, I'm sure it's people like me and not, say, the the criminals with the guns.

I don't understand why you felt the need to insult me, but whatever.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Matthew Kjonaas said:
Why are people so violent to strangers? There is no reason to kill anyone that young... unless you go back in time to kill Hitler.
I don't think she was actively killed.

She was just collateral damage, if that's what you want to call it.
You're right. They were aiming for the girl's dad. He snitched on his gang members to get out of a 20 year sentence. Still sucks massive balls though . Pardon my french.

Dec 14, 2009
Selvec said:
Made me almost spit out my fizzy.

Thats pretty upsetting. Honestly feel like we as a species are getting worse and worse every month. No wonder turning into a violent mindless zombie seems preferable to some people.

Mind this incident isn't what sparks that opinion, but the culmination of more and more disturbing acts.

Daystar Clarion said:
ManThatYouFear said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Tingling!

its not news? it happen every day?

people like you that fuck these countrys up, you stay in your moms basement and be ignorant to the world around you.
Yes, I'm sure it's people like me and not, say, the the criminals with the guns.

I don't understand why you felt the need to insult me, but whatever.
Because it makes him seem "worldly".

People who are worldly and actually feel insulted by others ignoring such causes, are not spending their time making snarky replies to threads on a gaming website.
It's not really that I'm ignoring it, but it just doesn't surprise me.

It's too far out of my Monkeysphere [http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html] for me to genuinely care.

Like I said, my sympathies are with the kid's family, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.