8 of the Strongest Video Game Villains of All Time

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
333
0
0
8 of the Strongest Video Game Villains of All Time

Here are 8 video game villains that made their respective games worth playing!

Read Full Article
 

JCAll

New member
Oct 12, 2011
434
0
0
I don't Ganon really lives up to his hype. He's not even in the 8 strongest Nintendo villains. Certainly not above guys like Giygas or Planet Phaaze. Bowser actually blew up a galaxy once, even when Ganon got the TriForce he tends to aim low with his wish. I think Majora's Mask is even stronger than Ganon.
 

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
4,267
0
0
Of all the Dark Souls bosses you picked a *****.


***** ain't got legs.
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero. I'd suggest replacing him with an actual villain like the hive mind of the Tyraninds in Dawn of War 2 because the whole goal is to eat every living thing in the Auralia sector.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
6,908
619
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
1) I'd pick Harbinger, picking an entire race feels like a cheat.

2) No, not really. Ganon's intimidating, but I'm sure there's stronger villains out there. Heck, Majora or Demise are arguably stronger than Ganon.

3) So, you just copy-pasted from Heroes of the Storm for Kerrigan's entry? Also, Amon would be a more powerful villain - true, Kerrigan defeated him, but only with three armies at her back.

4) Can't comment

5) Ditto

6) Can't comment, but Zeus being Zeus, I can buy it

7) Two villains from Mass Effect? Really? Also, the Illusive Man is only strong in the sense that he controls Cerberus and exerts significant influence over the Alliance.

8) Yep, pretty much.

So, off the top of my head, here's another list of eight:

1) Zanza (Xenoblade)

2) Harbinger (Mass Effect)

3) Sargeras (the Void Lords are arguably stronger, but they're unnamed)

4) Mother Demon (Doom)

5) Sin (Final Fantasy)

6) Formotis (Fire Emblem)

7) Balor (Myth)

8) Amon (StarCraft)
 

TT Kairen

New member
Nov 10, 2011
178
0
0
Though I detest the game, the lack of Kefka on this list is simply laughable. He's the God of all Magic and actually succeeded in destroying the world, and even what's left he's able to just decimate entire villages with a handwave. Definitely stronger than The Illusive Man.
 

MiskWisk

New member
Mar 17, 2012
857
0
0
*Raises eyebrow*
Strongest video game villains of all time? Really?
Do you need someone to send you a dictionary? Because what you seem to have selected does not match with the English definition of those words.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
 

hermes

New member
Mar 2, 2009
3,865
0
0
Wait, so one are a race of nearly indestructible and immortal killing machines with no discernible reason to exist other than exterminate every sentient being in the galaxy, and the other one is a human politician? Sure, the illusive man is powerful in that deus ex powerful way the Templars in Assassins Creed are powerful, but he is not in the same league as the other characters in the list, let alone the other ones in the same game.

Its like saying "Yes, Apocalypse is a good X-Men villain, but you know who is more menacing? That guy played by Peter Dinklage..."
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.
 

jklinders

New member
Sep 21, 2010
945
0
0
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.

Truthfully he always stank like a week dead fish in ME 2 to me. Everything was just lined up too perfect from a PR perspective to lure Shepard in.

The bit about luring humans to a sanctuary and turning them into husks was revealed towards the end of ME 3, he also spearheaded an attempted coup at the Citadel. All the Cerberus shock troopers in ME 3 were in fact advanced husks. Wasn't really an ass pull either. He never shied away from using reaper tech or tactics.

The above said they should have picked one from Mass Effect and not 2 and the one picked should have been Harbinger, not the whole Reaper race.
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3.
Shepard & Crew going to Sanctuary happened late game in ME3.
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.

Truthfully he always stank like a week dead fish in ME 2 to me. Everything was just lined up too perfect from a PR perspective to lure Shepard in.

The bit about luring humans to a sanctuary and turning them into husks was revealed towards the end of ME 3, he also spearheaded an attempted coup at the Citadel. All the Cerberus shock troopers in ME 3 were in fact advanced husks. Wasn't really an ass pull either. He never shied away from using reaper tech or tactics.

The above said they should have picked one from Mass Effect and not 2 and the one picked should have been Harbinger, not the whole Reaper race.
Thanks for the info guys, I always thought of his humanity first view as like a more peaceful version of the Imperium from W40K. Sure he hates aliens and advocates for their demise but he seldom actually does it. I guess that's why I loved Ashley so much in Mass Effect 1, her disdain for lesser species matched up with my own.
 

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
573
0
0
Wait, Alduin? Really Aldiun? The boring dragon that has no character and is defeated in the most anti climatic boss fight? This list is wack. I can think of hundreds of better villains.
 

jklinders

New member
Sep 21, 2010
945
0
0
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3.
Shepard & Crew going to Sanctuary happened late game in ME3.
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.

Truthfully he always stank like a week dead fish in ME 2 to me. Everything was just lined up too perfect from a PR perspective to lure Shepard in.

The bit about luring humans to a sanctuary and turning them into husks was revealed towards the end of ME 3, he also spearheaded an attempted coup at the Citadel. All the Cerberus shock troopers in ME 3 were in fact advanced husks. Wasn't really an ass pull either. He never shied away from using reaper tech or tactics.

The above said they should have picked one from Mass Effect and not 2 and the one picked should have been Harbinger, not the whole Reaper race.
Thanks for the info guys, I always thought of his humanity first view as like a more peaceful version of the Imperium from W40K. Sure he hates aliens and advocates for their demise but he seldom actually does it. I guess that's why I loved Ashley so much in Mass Effect 1, her disdain for lesser species matched up with my own.
I liked Ashley, until the third game. Some kind of batshit insane crap hit her character writing in the third game. If she dies during the Citadel coup, she does so with a curse on her lips for Shepard, despite seeing for herself how wrong she was the entire time.

There was nothing peaceful about Cerberus, if you did the side quests in ME 1. Every last thing that was done by them in that game was cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy.
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3.
Shepard & Crew going to Sanctuary happened late game in ME3.
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.

Truthfully he always stank like a week dead fish in ME 2 to me. Everything was just lined up too perfect from a PR perspective to lure Shepard in.

The bit about luring humans to a sanctuary and turning them into husks was revealed towards the end of ME 3, he also spearheaded an attempted coup at the Citadel. All the Cerberus shock troopers in ME 3 were in fact advanced husks. Wasn't really an ass pull either. He never shied away from using reaper tech or tactics.

The above said they should have picked one from Mass Effect and not 2 and the one picked should have been Harbinger, not the whole Reaper race.
Thanks for the info guys, I always thought of his humanity first view as like a more peaceful version of the Imperium from W40K. Sure he hates aliens and advocates for their demise but he seldom actually does it. I guess that's why I loved Ashley so much in Mass Effect 1, her disdain for lesser species matched up with my own.
I liked Ashley, until the third game. Some kind of batshit insane crap hit her character writing in the third game. If she dies during the Citadel coup, she does so with a curse on her lips for Shepard, despite seeing for herself how wrong she was the entire time.

There was nothing peaceful about Cerberus, if you did the side quests in ME 1. Every last thing that was done by them in that game was cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy.
But it's small stuff involving at most a few dozen casualties in any one situation. They're small time until the third game.
 

jklinders

New member
Sep 21, 2010
945
0
0
Xan Krieger said:
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3.
Shepard & Crew going to Sanctuary happened late game in ME3.
jklinders said:
Xan Krieger said:
008Zulu said:
Xan Krieger said:
How is the Illusive Man a villain? He just wants humanity to be better than the ETs, he's basically a hero.
He lures innocent human civilians in with the promise of sanctuary, and then turns them all in to Husks. He caused the deaths of thousands more when he lured the Collectors to Horizon, just to test a theory.
Trying to think when that was, I didn't get far into Mass Effect 3. I remember him as being a great guy in Mass Effect 2 with goals every human should've shared.

Truthfully he always stank like a week dead fish in ME 2 to me. Everything was just lined up too perfect from a PR perspective to lure Shepard in.

The bit about luring humans to a sanctuary and turning them into husks was revealed towards the end of ME 3, he also spearheaded an attempted coup at the Citadel. All the Cerberus shock troopers in ME 3 were in fact advanced husks. Wasn't really an ass pull either. He never shied away from using reaper tech or tactics.

The above said they should have picked one from Mass Effect and not 2 and the one picked should have been Harbinger, not the whole Reaper race.
Thanks for the info guys, I always thought of his humanity first view as like a more peaceful version of the Imperium from W40K. Sure he hates aliens and advocates for their demise but he seldom actually does it. I guess that's why I loved Ashley so much in Mass Effect 1, her disdain for lesser species matched up with my own.
I liked Ashley, until the third game. Some kind of batshit insane crap hit her character writing in the third game. If she dies during the Citadel coup, she does so with a curse on her lips for Shepard, despite seeing for herself how wrong she was the entire time.

There was nothing peaceful about Cerberus, if you did the side quests in ME 1. Every last thing that was done by them in that game was cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy.
But it's small stuff involving at most a few dozen casualties in any one situation. They're small time until the third game.
*shrug*

That was before some of the tie in novels that expanded on them. You can also say that was the stuff that got caught and they had other crazier shit happening. It's one of the few plot inconsistencies you can handwave away really. They pulled in enough funding, eezo, engineers, scientists and paramilitary people to build a new and better Normandy based on supposedly top secret designs. That's not unlike a PMC in today's world reverse engineering the latest top of the line nuclear submarine only better less than two years after it first hit service. I'm not naive enough to call that something a small fry can do.
 

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
19,316
0
0
Is Spoiler Season off of Undertale enough to include it?

Because Seven-Souled Flowey was flipping terrifying.