8 People Killed In Atlanta Massage Parlor Shootings

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So ((((the media)))) had a meeting and said 'hey we're going to really push this asian hate race thing so we can bring on the race war as foretold in the ancient texts'?
Yes. Have you never watched the news before?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Yes. Have you never watched the news before?
In case you are unaware, the triple parentheses around media is a symbol meant to indicate that something or someone is Jewish. Kwak is accusing you specifically of believing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
In case you are unaware, the triple parentheses around media is a symbol meant to indicate that something or someone is Jewish. Kwak is accusing you specifically of believing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.
I wasn't aware! What a dick.

What's a anti-semitic conspiracy? Is that what Atheism is?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
But he used four parentheses. So what does that mean?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Presumably the same thing, especially considering the context. Though I suppose if we want to, we could apply whatever meaning we want.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I wasn't aware! What a dick.

What's a anti-semitic conspiracy? Is that what Atheism is?
Semitic in this case refers to the Semitic people who originated in the Middle East. In general parlance, it refers to Jewish people in particular.

Anti-Semitic conspiracies would then be things like "The Jews control the media" or "secret Jewish space lasers starting wildfires".

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Semitic in this case refers to the Semitic people who originated in the Middle East. In general parlance, it refers to Jewish people in particular.

Anti-Semitic conspiracies would then be things like "The Jews control the media" or "secret Jewish space lasers starting wildfires".

Space Nazi's on the moon!

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Means I don't know the 'correct' usage and am just approximating the reference.
Come on! You could have come up with any wacky explanation you wanted. You could have been like "the 4th parentheses are the twin tails of the space lizard people", and we could have just run with it!

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Pretty sure that means the either

1) He screwed up
or
2) He thinks the media is working against Jewish people.

Because adding extra parentheses on top of the double means that you're mocking Jewish people because the claim goes that the secret Nazi software tracking Jewish influence that you install via some darknet site adds (()) round names to mark a person as being identified as Jewish in the secret Nazi moon database. So People then put (()) round their own names the aim being to protect Jewish people by making it seem like there were more targets and to "pull heat" the thing being the supposed add on would identify Jewish people doing that as (((()))). Thus people putting (((()))) was seen as mocking this whole idea of Jewish people being in any way targeted.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The thing is isn't it somewhere like Holland that is seem to be a country with lots of stuff put in place to prevent gender discrimination and allow women to have children and be CEOs etc with child care and no stigma about being a stay at home dad and all this. Only for them to find their society going far more towards traditional gender roles anyway even when there's really nothing at all meaning they should or have to.
The thing is isn't it somewhere like Holland that is seem to be a country with lots of stuff put in place to prevent gender discrimination and allow women to have children and be CEOs etc with child care and no stigma about being a stay at home dad and all this. Only for them to find their society going far more towards traditional gender roles anyway even when there's really nothing at all meaning they should or have to.
Clearly a bot, but I wonder what the end game is?

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Good question, maybe some-one wants to make me look like the bots master or something?
Every post they've made is a copy/paste of one earlier in the thread, all by different people. Except for the one in the Godzilla vs. King Kong thread. Don't know where that one came from.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This makes me think of Minority Report, as in wondering if there will ever be a way to track and prevent this type of thing. Some of the research mentioned in this article suggests the ability to use some modern social media technology in a more rudimentary fashion.

However, it also suggests rather imploringly that one possibly very effective tactic available now would be simply, to stop giving these acts so much press. The more information future would-be shooters have about a current incident, the more likely it will incite another one down the road.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
This makes me think of Minority Report, as in wondering if there will ever be a way to track and prevent this type of thing. Some of the research mentioned in this article suggests the ability to use some modern social media technology in a more rudimentary fashion.

However, it also suggests rather imploringly that one possibly very effective tactic available now would be simply, to stop giving these acts so much press. The more information future would-be shooters have about a current incident, the more likely it will incite another one down the road.
That might have worked in a pre-social media era, I very much doubt it would be possible now. Even if large mainstream media ignored it and limited local coverage was all it got, that amount of coverage would be enough to get social media’s steam engine running and it will then be halfway around the world before the first bullet is pried out of the drywall.

I mean it would be nice if media would stop reporting on these events on a minute by minute basis like a kid asking “are we there yet?” every five minutes.