Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Wait wait wait, how can you possible hold the contradicting opinions that wage slavery has continued in the United States, but sex slavery isn't a thing in Japan because women are socially conditioned to want to be mothers? And women in Japan are paid less than men, way worse than in America, how is that wage slavery that forces women to be dependent on husbands?
As to guns, they can't possible be bad for American, because American has a GDP of 23 trillion and Japan only 5 trillion, and the Economic Freedom index of Japan is 23rd compared to the United States at 19th, and the First Would Countries Index puts the United States at 3rd, and Japan at 19th. So clearly guns are an economic boon to the United States, therefore the United States is absolved of the sin of gun violence, and Japan is a lesser country for not having guns.
Because in the US if you have debts and you don't pay them you can actually go to jail, that's state violence, the whip is just a baton now. You don't go to jail for having debt in Japan.

You won't go to jail for staying a single woman either, you may just be a bit more poor than your peers (but still WAYYYYY richer than the average human being on planet Earth cause the standard of living you're existing within is super high).

Gun sales don't need to be within the populace of the US to be an economic boon, and in fact most of them aren't. Also most gun crime isn't even done with legally owned guns in the first place so any profit that comes from their sales is likely not reflected in the GDP. Gun crime being low is part of safety and stability. You're acting like I only listed profits and not things like safety and technological advancement and so on. Crime statistics being low is one of the other factors which, alongside GDP, makes a country first world. So yeah, more facts to buttress the first world country argument right here.

But yeah to wrap this up because it's gone on for like 20 responses, the actual core difference is that Japan is less individualistic and more collectivist than the west. It's why in ww2 you had the kamikaze pilots suiciding for the good of the nation. In Japanese culture it is seen as noble to sacrifice oneself for the greater good, a big part of why they have such high suicide ratess is that people kill themselves so their family can get the life insurance payout when they find themselves in an economic hole or get fired or something (and it is usually men doing this). So yeah basically the yamato nadeshiko ideal I mentioned is seen as a noble thing, and something admirable, not something that's pitiable or in need of liberation. It is the outsider perspective that paints it in such a light, much like how people who don't know what ethnocentrism is think anime characters are white or anime is made to fetishize asians. It only looks that way to you.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I'm sorry are you really saying Japan doesn't count as a first world country because it's culture is different to Western ones? Because that sound rather imperialistic.
They were legit making the argument that if you're not all for the SJW politics of modern day you have committed human rights violations like in the Congo or some shit so it doesn't count as first world. It's legit neo-colonial thinking lol. Gotta teach them savage orientals how to be civilized and feminist and gay.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
They were legit making the argument that if you're not all for the SJW politics of modern day you have committed human rights violations like in the Congo or some shit so it doesn't count as first world. It's legit neo-colonial thinking lol. Gotta teach them savage orientals how to be civilized and feminist and gay.
The thing is isn't it somewhere like Holland that is seem to be a country with lots of stuff put in place to prevent gender discrimination and allow women to have children and be CEOs etc with child care and no stigma about being a stay at home dad and all this. Only for them to find their society going far more towards traditional gender roles anyway even when there's really nothing at all meaning they should or have to.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
The thing is isn't it somewhere like Holland that is seem to be a country with lots of stuff put in place to prevent gender discrimination and allow women to have children and be CEOs etc with child care and no stigma about being a stay at home dad and all this. Only for them to find their society going far more towards traditional gender roles anyway even when there's really nothing at all meaning they should or have to.
It was Denmark or something I think. And hey even if it didn't turn out that way, that's fine too, cultural diversity is fine. The only issue is when there's supremacists trying to impose their culture on others who are just minding their own business and are flourishing all the while.

Bringing Christ to the poor godless savages has turned into bringing feminism to the poor sex slaves.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I think what bothers me the most about this is the lack of respect for human life. Everybody is a little crazy these days and most people who say they've never wanted to kill somebody are liars, but we stop because we're human. We know it's wrong and unfair to take lives that have nothing to do with us. If his reasoning is real it almost makes me more angry than if he was a racist, anarchist, or whatever because it's so thoughtless. If he has a sex problem then go live in the fucking woods. Join a monastery or something. I can't quite put it in the right words, but that's just so goddamn selfish. It'll be interesting to hear what he thought he was going to accomplish, by killing 8 random people. He made literally zero impact on his own world. All he accomplished was fucking up complete strangers lives. Gah, it frustrates me how desensitized people have become.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It's just PR code for racists and/or evangelicals, unless this dude was into gilfs.
The cops are fishing for a "he couldn't help himself" PR defense

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yeah, good ol' SJW politics like "yes, if you rape somebody while they're roofied, that's rape" and "yes, men can actually get raped", and "maybe riding a bike up to middle school girls and groping them before riding off should actually be punished".

But you like ignoring the fact that these criticisms of Japanese society are coming from inside the house, and isn't an imported phenomenon.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeah, good ol' SJW politics like "yes, if you rape somebody while they're roofied, that's rape" and "yes, men can actually get raped", and "maybe riding a bike up to middle school girls and groping them before riding off should actually be punished".

But you like ignoring the fact that these criticisms of Japanese society are coming from inside the house, and isn't an imported phenomenon.
those things are still illegal in Japan I'm pretty sure. So no not those views etc.

And criticism of the positions of western society are coming from "Inside the house". So are the criticism of western views and positions now just heretics who need to be purged?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

No I was responding to the "if you're sexist you're not first world" thing.

And you have a lot less sex crime in Japan than in a lot of other first world countries so maybe they need some more sexism over there to fix their sexual assault issues lol.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That's because they pile heaps of shame on rape victims. Around #metoo there was a Japanese journalist who reported one of her for raping her and went public. The police refused to start an investigation, she was fired and shamed publicly, including her own family distancing herself because she had disgraced them. Japan doesn't have reported sex crimes because it is a society that refuses to acknowledge them and pressures victims to not report. That's not the same as sex crimes not happening, just like how Somalia has a really, really low murder rate (lower then the USA), despite being one of the most violent countries on the planet.
You know they have a 95% conviction rate for rape right?
In other countries there are a lot of people pushing for higher conviction rates like that.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You know they have a 95% conviction rate for rape right?
In other countries there are a lot of people pushing for higher conviction rates like that.
Japan's criminal justice system....is not the same as the ones you'd find in most of Europe and the United States. In fact if I remember my reading correctly, once you actually gear up and are in court, its about proving innocence rather than guilt. And while that conviction rate looks impression, the indictment rate - the formal pressing of charges - is like a third of that. And some of the investigative processes the Japanese police engage in would be considered outrageous for a vicious anti-cop parody of procedure if it wasn't true.

Also why are we talking about Japan? None of the people murdered were Japanese. At least I don't recall it saying there was; just Asian, which narrows it down to about ten countries I can think of off the top of my head.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Also why are we talking about Japan? None of the people murdered were Japanese. At least I don't recall it saying there was; just Asian, which narrows it down to about ten countries I can think of off the top of my head.
We got here because Dreiko thinks that a society that can invent the PS5 can't be a sexist society.

Reactions: Gyrobot

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Japan's criminal justice system....is not the same as the ones you'd find in most of Europe and the United States. In fact if I remember my reading correctly, once you actually gear up and are in court, its about proving innocence rather than guilt. And while that conviction rate looks impression, the indictment rate - the formal pressing of charges - is like a third of that. And some of the investigative processes the Japanese police engage in would be considered outrageous for a vicious anti-cop parody of procedure if it wasn't true.

So they use the Title IX method lol

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Because weebs.

Reactions: Gyrobot

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
South Korean reporting might be a bit more fast and loose with the coverage, but goddam if I don't appreciate the vibe. At least they aren't parroting that dumbass cop without any pushback.

No I was responding to the "if you're sexist you're not first world" thing.

And you have a lot less sex crime in Japan than in a lot of other first world countries so maybe they need some more sexism over there to fix their sexual assault issues lol.
Yes, the country that has female only train cars to combat groping, where it isn't rape if a judge thinks a woman didn't physically fight hard enough, and where buying and selling sexual child abuse videos wasn't illegal less than a decade ago doesn't have a problem with sex crimes. Good logic-ing. The Act Age manga writer rode around on his bike assaulting random middle school girls, got caught on CCTV, was arrested, prosecuted, and convicted, and then as long as he isn't caught committing a crime in the next three years he isn't being punished for it outside of a (probably temporary) lose of his manga career. If he just keeps his nose clean like the Rurouni Kenshin mangaka, he'll be back to getting accolades in the next year or two.

What the entire fuck, Dreiko.