Neo-Nazis Faked Out by Trick T-Shirts

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Neo-Nazis Faked Out by Trick T-Shirts

Neo-Nazis in Germany got a morning-after surprise when they discovered that the souvenir t-shirts they were given at a nationalist right-wing concert actually contained a secret, anti-extremism message.

Attendees at a "Rock for Germany" concert probably thought the t-shirts being handed out by festival organizers, emblazoned with a skull, flags and a "hardcore rebel" logo, were seriously hard-ass rockin'. But things changed rather dramatically when the shirts were washed [and yes, it would seem that even skinheads occasionally do laundry]: the gnarly artwork and "National und Frei" disappeared, replaced with a message offering assistance to anyone who wanted to escape the influence of the far right.

"If your t-shirt can do it, you can do it too - we'll help you get away from far-right extremism," the post-washing shirts said.

250 of the shirts were donated anonymously to the festival by Exit Deutschland, a group dedicated to assisting people seeking to break free of the militant neo-Nazi lifestyle. "Rock for Germany" organizers naturally played down the significance of the stunt; Gordon Richter, who's also a member of the far-right NPD party, said, "It's kind of pathetic that anyone spent money for something like that."

But Exit Deutschland founder Bernd Wagner seemed satisfied that the t-shirts had accomplished their purpose of spreading an anti-extremism message to a hostile audience, not to mention the international attention they've attracted to his cause. "We wanted to raise awareness about our program, especially among the young and less committed," he said.

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

Source: Toronto Sun [http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/10/neo-nazis-tricked-by-t-shirts]

slacker09

Aug 2, 2010
Well, that was rather clever. Both the idea for the t-shirts and getting your opponents to distribute them for you.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, top marks for inventiveness.

Reminds me of that conservation stunt with the fake gunshot shirts.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Always hilarious to play tricks on boneheads (racist skinheads) since they're already so laughable to begin with.

eximista

Aug 7, 2011
lol... the funny thing is that theres a "firm" in switzerland who will help you with your suicide - who is named EXIT :) that would be the better message.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
xHipaboo420x said:
That would never convey the message at all, it would just piss people off.
I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.

Yamiki

Apr 10, 2009
xHipaboo420x said:
That would never convey the message at all, it would just piss people off.
It would, lets face it the right wing extremists have been known for their jovial and carefree mannerisms. I think it was part of something more. Something bigger.

This was just an attempt to grab the attention of the less extreme .. umm. extremist and maybe get the attention of those who aren't exactly happy being in a group of skinheads. Regardless of individual intelligence/cleanliness/aggressiveness right-wing extremists are most likely people to.

Good on you Exit Deutschland

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
So this is making new worldwide? Then it definitely achieved its goal.
I can only tip my hat to these clever people who invented the trojan t-shirt.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
RvLeshrac said:
I'm sure they're worried that the NEO-NAZIS who didn't get the message are upset at them. The one's who didn't get the message are as thick-headed, and intelligent, as rocks. I'm surprised most of the skinheads can make it outside in the morning without accidentally killing themselves on their breakfast cereals.
That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I did not realize Neo-Nazis were so prevelent. I assumed they were comparable to the KKK in the US. Still around, but more hidden, not very powerful, and pissing in the woods.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
xHipaboo420x said:
RvLeshrac said:
That's a stereotype. I'm not Neo-Nazi, but the right-wing extremists I have known are all intelligent, thoughtful people. Construe their politics as wrong all you want, but don't underestimate their mental capabilities. They are people too.
Extremists by nature are not intelligent, thoughtful people. People, yes. Intelligent and thoughtful? They wouldn't be extremists. Extremists are hotheaded, narrow-minded egotists that have fallen to propaganda and hate rhetoric (which feeds off their own unchecked hatreds, no less), 99% of the time.

OT: As I have just watched American History X, I have to say I am more than pleased to see this. Skinheads and other racists piss me off to no end, and they either need to be detained until they are rehabilitated, or simply detained so they cannot hurt racial minorities in society any longer, simply for being a racial minority.