Escape from Nightmare Mansion. Win an XBOX 360 with Kinect!

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Escape from Nightmare Mansion. Win an XBOX 360 with Kinect!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/riseofnightmares]

The Escapist Magazine is proud to present a truly mature experience for the community. Survive seven hellish nights while you fight against undead enemies as you navigate through our house of experimental horrors in search of an exit. Thanks to SEGA, members of the community also have a chance to win an XBOX 360 Kinect bundle with SEGA's newest upcoming mature title, Rise of NightmaresTM.

Get ready for an intensely immersive experience that brings horror to life like never before. Can you survive seven hellish nights as you fight for survival? Will you fall into the mansion's traps or lure the undead into one of your own?

[/B] [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/riseofnightmares]

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I've never seen this OP before, nice to meet you!

Also, damn the stupid US only rule. There's never a competition for us Kiwis!

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Oh, so that's what the "Xbox is in another room" thing that was on this site hours ago is: the "game over" of this.

Kakmize

Mar 25, 2010
Can those of us in another country still play? Even if we can't win this would be fun.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Interesting contest. Do we have to wait till tomorrow to be able to enter the mansion then? As well, is the prize a 4 gig or 250 gig Xbox?

Smurfy 0151

Apr 8, 2009
So, it says on day one 'welcome to the mansion' and I'm registered, and I just see a mansion. nothing to click on, nothing to do. Do I seriously need to wait until tomorrow to actually do...anything?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Well I've signed up as well, guess we do have to wait till tomorrow evening to try and escape from the mansion. Hopefully the Escapist won't be glitching out by then and we can have some fun! :D

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest!

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well i dont claim to know, but I would assume there is a trick to progression. Such things seem odd, like open windows, Odd light patterns. I thats all ive seen thus far, but sort of asusming I am missing something somewhere

Edit: Also, URL tweaking so far has yet to yeild any results (Mod from Kidnap =1 to =0 and change kidnap to rescue.)

EDIT: Creepy.. Anyone else get two

Help me! Please!
Trapped in Nightmare Mansion.

Ive got two badges now???

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Booo. Damn the US only-ness.

I will still participate for the badges though!

Smurfy 0151 said:
So, it says on day one 'welcome to the mansion' and I'm registered, and I just see a mansion. nothing to click on, nothing to do. Do I seriously need to wait until tomorrow to actually do...anything?
I'm guessing it's to give time for everyone to sign up. Otherwise people who found this competition first would have an unfair advantage.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Only US and Canada can enter...my interest has peaked and now I'm off to find something interesting to do. Something that doesn't require me to be in the US or Canada.....

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I can't wait for the event to start. I have no interest in the game, but this sounds like a lot of fun. ^^

Zackery Milson

Aug 29, 2011
I could use a new xbox, I sold mine months ago to help pay for some stuff I actually needed. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Nouw said:
I've never seen this OP before, nice to meet you!

Also, damn the stupid US only rule. There's never a competition for us Kiwis!
Us ANZAC's will make our own competitions, with hookers and blackjack.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I love The Escapist, you always give us fun stuff to do :D
It would be nice if all of those prices were available to non-US residents, but it's still good fun for the rest of us.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
US only...

It doesn't cost that much to ship an xbox overseas and I'm sure you wouldnt have any legal problems for shiping it to most western countrys.

Askray

Mar 17, 2010
Prince Regent said:
US only...

It doesn't cost that much to ship an xbox overseas and I'm sure you wouldnt have any legal problems for shiping it to most western countrys.
Shipping isn't the problem. It's every country having different laws when it comes down to doing contests, raffles etc that is the problem. ;)

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Sigh... another US-only contest...

You know I'm actually not really bothered by it being US-only, I'm bothered by the fact that every single contest is US-only.

Would it really be so extremely hard to put out some feelers to European, Australian and other distributors of games to see if any of them are interested in contests like this?

Having just one contest every now and then that's EU-only or AU-only (due to contest laws as previously mentioned) would be awesome.