A beautiful baby girl.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!
I've always loved the name Melanie, partly because she was my baby-sitter and I adored her.

Personally, I've always loved the name Robyn or, if you want to confuse teachers everywhere (except Ireland) call her Deirdre (Dear-drah) or if you want to drown in nerdyness, call her Leia or lonelygirl15
Shame, What are the odds! I cant confuse teachers as I DO LIVE IN IRELAND!
Shapsters said:
Yay! Congrats Ashbax my old RP friend!

I don't think you should name her after her mother, I just don't like that idea. I do however think that Alyx would be a pretty badass name!
Also, heya shapsters. Long time no see. What happened to your magical kevin avatar? And for the last time I aint calling her alyx. I think melanies the best idea so far.
Well it was Magical Trevor, and I thought Master Kitty was a little more iconic so I switched back to him. And I realized your against Alyx after I posted.

I like the sound of Melanie.

Hakushi

Mar 21, 2008
I agree Melanie is a great name. She will bear the name for the rest of her life, make sure you choose a name she will be happy to live with and be proud of. A name that will differenciate her, and will be part of her personality, but don't take a wierd name, you don't want other kids to laugh at her because of her name.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Ashbax said:
Gerazzi said:
yer wife's name is Sharon, ever pull an Ozzy?

I don't know, that's all I could think about.

ANYWAY, you should talk to your wife, not the internet.
Hey, gimme some credit, im not a total nerd, I havent slept in over 48 hours, I havent life her side for one minute since then, and we've been talking for hours. But she was exhausted from the labour, and fell asleep about an hour ago. Im exhausted too, but im just too excited to sleep, thinking about it all - Her first steps, her first day at school, questioning the boys who call to our door looking for her, college, giving her away down the aisle...all of it, rushing over me like an ocean. So, like any respectable...somewhat nerdy person...I went on The escapist to share the news and help me sleep.
Oh okay, well in that case, I'd make suggestions, but they'd all be something similar to "Leia" and be completely nerdy.

I suggest Diana.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Slayer_2 said:
Good luck with that. I'm happy for you and your wife :)

I have no ideas for names, but for your daughters sake, don't name her something silly. Sharon sounds fine. Your wife will probably have some ideas of her own though.
Ah, I wont name her anything stupid. You should see some of the babies toddling around with names like pocahontas, alyx, hope, this kinda thing. One of my neighbors, shes only 17 and she has a child. And would you beleive the name? Pocahontas. O'Connor ...honestly...

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!
I've always loved the name Melanie, partly because she was my baby-sitter and I adored her.

Personally, I've always loved the name Robyn or, if you want to confuse teachers everywhere (except Ireland) call her Deirdre (Dear-drah) or if you want to drown in nerdyness, call her Leia or lonelygirl15
Aww man! That's a coincidence and a half, where'd you have the baby? Tallaght?

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!

Nah, the real capital - Cork.

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!

I'm sure it is like

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!

I'm sure it is like
As they say in tallaght "Fooken' Pikey! Sto-ree?" Which means something like, Hi, how are you?
:p

The Kangaroo

Feb 24, 2009
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Ashbax said:
Eoin Livingston said:
Congats!

I'm sure it is like
As they say in tallaght "Fooken' Pikey! Sto-ree?" Which means something like, Hi, how are you?
:p
It's sad how close that is, but I shall continue to fight my uphill battle to battle stereotypes

IAmWright777

Sep 25, 2009
I know I am a late replier here, so you might have already named her.
First things first, congratulations! As for a name, naming her after her mother is not a bad idea, but how about something similar? Shannon sounds similar. I personally like the name Evalyn (just saying haha). Honestly, give her a name with meaning, because it's nice to know that your name means something to your parents. Again, congratulations!

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Man, I just realized I must be one of the youngest people on this forum I'm 15 and still in High School and your an adult and married, well congratulations