A cult forms around you. How do you react?

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Let's say for the sake of argument, that through a series of random coincidences, a group of people, let's say about 500, got it into their heads that you were god and began worshipping you as such. When you found out about this, what would you do next? These people will believe everything you say and do whatever you tell them without question. Would you tell them to go out into the world and do good, or bad, or would you tell them what they believe is untrue, and you aren't god?

Personally, I would tell them I'm not god. I'd be tempted to tell them to do good, but I would hate to be responsible for the lives of so many others and I'd feel awful if one of them did something horrible.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
My own personal small army that will obey my every wish because they think I am God? That's like a dream come true :D I guess I would use them to cause chaos here and there.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
You act as if that doesn't already happen on a daily basis.

I have to ignore them. It was fun at first, but after a while, I got a little bored with the idea.

Dec 14, 2009
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.

Mithcha

Oct 21, 2011
Order them to build an army of flying monkey people so that they can go and hunt down small dogs for the coming sacri...to build up a collection.

With the crazy villain answer out the way, I'd be confused and likely end up calling the police.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Me, a god to people...nope, not for me. I guess I would start with trying to get them to understand I am just another person, not some god. However if that does not work I guess I would send them out with orders to do as much good as they could, but never return to me or mention my name.

Heck, worst case scenario they blame me for them thinking I am a god and tear me apart into a bloody mess...yeah I really don't want anything like this.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would simply view them all to be nutters and try to get the authority to arrest them if possible depending how persistant they are. If their persitant are strong and last for long I may give in but to profit from it aswell unless I get arrest from doing that.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Look, you've got it all wrong,You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anyone.You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals!

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
I would react....with a chainsaw.

cultists are like zombies, you can brutally murder them without feeling the slightest bit of guilt. Probably because they keep trying to destroy the world.

Although, if it happened in the Fallout Universe? yea, THEN i would lead the cultists and form a doomsday cult because honestly....the vast majority of people in that universe dont deserve to live.

(I should probably mention that im kinda joking)

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Make a false religion that requires huge tithes to go to charity. Also, make an awesome conga line.

Marter said:
I know your avatar's from Pitch Perfect, but which scene is it from?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Well it's about f*cking time someone recognized me as the god I am.
Now let's get to work on making this a better world.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
I walk up to their leader and hit him on the head with my false swipe attack. Then I turn to the
others and ask "Cubone cubone bone bone cubone cu cubone?" Which of course is cubone-speak for
"If I were a god, couldn't I have knocked him out with one hit?"

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
The answer is quite obvious, i'd tell them to convert the unbelievers in order for my cult to grow. And eventually i'll go full Kane (C&C reference)!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
I know your avatar's from Pitch Perfect, but which scene is it from?
After the first rehearsal.

"I know you have a toner, for Jesse."
"A what?"
"A toner. A musical boner. I saw it, at hoodlight; it's distracting."
"Yeah, that's not a thing, and, uh, you're not the boss of me, so..."

The "a what?" part is where the avatar comes from.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Well, it's about time!

The Lord of Tacos is not pleased with this insolence

Drink all the Kool-Aid now!

CRAP, I'm back to square one!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Obviously I make them do acts of anarchy such as blowing up credential buildings.]
But since I'm not too keen on doing that, I'll do my best to convince them that I am not god and to think for themselves.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Dunno where they'd get a warped idea like that, but...

I'd explain my life philosophy at length (they are welcome to write it down), maybe try to establish a church of tolerance (any gender, race, orientation, etc.) and say that really my dad is a much better role model for you to emulate. Because he is.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I already have a ready supply of indoctrinated orphans. Add them to the organization I guess.

It'd be a pain to train them though. They might not even be potty trained the filthy fleshbags :(

*sigh* The sacrifices I make

WhyBotherToTry said:
or would you tell them what they believe is untrue, and you aren't god?
And what is this nonsense XD

I AM A BIOTIC GOD!

Daystar Clarion said:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.
You could surrender peacefully and accept the sweet embrace of The Injustice League's Chaos. We promise to relieve you of your burden >:)