A cult forms around you. How do you react?

Worstcase

Nov 2, 2011
500 Drooling retards at my command? Probably go crazy with power to be honest.

I would never ever have to do anything again it would be awesome :D

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
ClockworkPenguin said:
Look, you've got it all wrong,You don't need to follow me, you don't need to follow anyone.You've got to think for yourselves. You're all individuals!
YES! We are all Individuals!

CJMacM

Mar 21, 2010
I'd just be really lazy and make them do everything for me, and every now and then I would do something to make sure they still believe I am god-like (fake a vision or something)

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I wouldn't let them think I was a god, I would set them straight and give them my best possible philosophy and leave them with the idea that they should believe what they personally wish to believe based on truths and morality. However if the cult continued to exist, I'd modify it to serve some of my needs, while giving them a sense of belonging. I'm not above using people who have been explicitly told I'm not what they were led to believe I am. After awhile I feel the whole thing would blow over anyway, I'd certainly do my best to make sure it didn't get out of hand.

RedAce

Dec 19, 2012
Make them commit horrendous atrocities in my name until i eventually get bored of them and we'd have a nice ol' mass suicide BBQ it be great!

balanovich

Jan 25, 2010
I'd demand money to live comfortably and sex from the hot members.
And the recruitment of more members.

But I wouldn't be excessive to avoid getting noticed by the authority.... actually, I'd impose a strict code of secrecy.

draken693

Apr 30, 2009
http://youtu.be/krb2OdQksMc

I believe it would be quite a bit like this moment in Life of Brian.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
How I'd react?

SWEET!!!! I have my personal army of brainwashed minions!!!

Time to start the plan...

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I get them to do shit for me. I'd get any super intelligent cultists to do my uni course for me.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
There's already a cult formed around me. I do drop by once in a while, and they bow and kiss my hooves. This loving act makes me blush a little bit. Then they form a circle around me, eager to begin their worship of me. I accept their love, and I return the gesture to every single one of them. They don't tire me out, but they do make even the most boring of weeks interesting!

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.
ALL HAIL DAYSTAR!!!! well we do anyways :p

but seriously I would go through three stages, disbelief, denial and ??

the ironic thing is, according to some of my friends I have a fan club. I am currently in the denial stage.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Tell them to get a life, go home and leave me the hell alone.

Seriously I hate the idea of anyone thinking I should be worshiped.
Probably tell them to smack themselves once a day for being so dense though.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
dangoball said:
WhiteFangofWar said:
Dunno where they'd get a warped idea like that, but...

I'd explain my life philosophy at length (they are welcome to write it down), maybe try to establish a church of tolerance (any gender, race, orientation, etc.) and say that really my dad is a much better role model for you to emulate. Because he is.
You know, that sounds kinda like what Jesus did. Love your neighbor, praise my father and all that jazz :)

As for me? Well, if I can't get them to stop following me, guess I'll just get them to stop living. "End your lives and thou shall attain eternal bliss!" or something like that. I really don't like fanatics.
And then I probably kill myself, 'cause 500 people just died because of me.
Hmmm, I never thought about it that way before :). Completely serious though- don't make the church of me, I'm a lazy bum who plays video games too much. Make the church of St. Paul (my dad's name, which I realize has its own religious connotations). Despite being in advertising he is the most honest, optimistic and hardworking person I know in the whole world.

Justyn Stahll

Jul 22, 2010
Highfive everyone and call them all awesome people
Then tell them to go home and enjoy something they like
Before that though have epic LAN party with everyone or play Planetside 2
BRO CULT GO!

Sharkeyes

Nov 19, 2011
I am no god, but do good things for others regardless. There's no legitimite god who preaches against that.

Yeah, I'd say something about like that.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Create an Activist/Hacktivist group and pretty much declare war on the corrupt and greedy. None of that peaceful sign crap either. Hack their accounts and ruin their lives. People who value money above all else are roaches. We would bring forth a new age where the powerful do not control the weak.

Gonna stop barfing my delusions the internet now.