A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Please do not insult other forum users
If one believes US election results are legitimate, they must simultaneously believe that all polls and elections worldwide-- in single-party dictatorships etc-- are exactly as legitimate, apparently.

You're a complete clown.
I never mention elections. I mentioned polls. The only clown is you who believes every pollster that gets sent to Iran, Russia, and China is lying including people from your own country. They risk their lives, and freedom, at any moment they could be taken hostage and arrested by these one-party states, and you just said fuck you to their families, and them.

Since your knowledge of the polling is like a 1st grader, I will guess it's incumbent on me to educate you which is ironic despite the fact you claim you have a Ph.D. The polls are done anonymously like the secret ballot in the US, Putin, Xi, and Ayatollah who gives a shit don't know who put what on what poll.

What you mean to say is that due to the media environment in Russia, China, and Iran you can't get information, and most of it is state TV or media. Which is also false. You can get a VPN in China, you have the freedom to view international media in Russia, and you have Tik Tok, and Instagram in Iran.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I could talk about what I believe instead, which I'm comfortable in saying is quite a bit to the left of the mean user here. But that would end up being a bit wanky, so I'd prefer not to do that too.
You aren't. You really aren't. But upon further consideration, I can understand if you haven't noticed, since the collection of people here that fall between you and the Stalinists aren't going to be arguing with you much. They argue with me. They argue with the same 3-5 right-wing users all the time, the same 3-5 users you focus most of your efforts on. Except for the rare occasion there's something like the Ukraine thread, and you get to argue with Stalinists. But there are a bunch of left wing users on here who aren't doing that like you are, who won't take the position with you, who would rather casually speculate on whether they could prove the US is worse than Russia or whether they should just assume so and save themselves the effort. Even just the obvious desire you have and the effort you make to justify and support your beliefs puts you in a different category from the many users who take leftism as gospel and treat anything else as blasphemy.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You aren't. You really aren't.
You have a terrible track record of actually acknowledging what people believe, though. You ascribe beliefs to them, and disregard what they say to make it fit.

But upon further consideration, I can understand if you haven't noticed, since the collection of people here that fall between you and the Stalinists aren't going to be arguing with you much. They argue with me. They argue with the same 3-5 right-wing users all the time, the same 3-5 users you focus most of your efforts on. Except for the rare occasion there's something like the Ukraine thread, and you get to argue with Stalinists.
Case in point, I'd consider uncritically supporting an imperialist invasion like that of Ukraine to be a right-wing position, not a left-wing one.

But there are a bunch of left wing users on here who aren't doing that like you are, who won't take the position with you, who would rather casually speculate on whether they could prove the US is worse than Russia or whether they should just assume so and save themselves the effort. Even just the obvious desire you have and the effort you make to justify and support your beliefs puts you in a different category from the many users who take leftism as gospel and treat anything else as blasphemy.
Effort to justify and support beliefs is nothing to do with the left-right axis, but it... kind of says something that you attribute it automatically to the right.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Effort to justify and support beliefs is nothing to do with the left-right axis, but it... kind of says something that you attribute it automatically to the right.
That's not what I'm getting at. It's not a right-wing thing to justify and support beliefs. But doing so requires a position to justify and support. If you have a position, if you have principles, you will never be more extreme than those who have no principles, who have only a direction and unquestioning loyalty to it. There are, of course, right wing people like that in the world.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That's not what I'm getting at. It's not a right-wing thing to justify and support beliefs. But doing so requires a position to justify and support. If you have a position, if you have principles, you will never be more extreme than those who have no principles, who have only a direction and unquestioning loyalty to it. There are, of course, right wing people like that in the world.
But that says nothing about the substance of the belief. Someone can uncritically/unquestioningly hold centrist views-- doesn't make the position itself an extreme one.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
But that says nothing about the substance of the belief. Someone can uncritically/unquestioningly hold centrist views-- doesn't make the position itself an extreme one.
Typically this is a person who says that both the Left and Right are bad/extreme and this is the reason why they hold their views. I would agree that it's uncritical, it's just a default belief

And yes, I think centrists can be extemist. I think extremism happens more on the anarchy/authoritarian spectrum, as well as the government/community spectrum. Eg. I would call Biden's policing bill in the 90s exteme, dramatically increasing African American incarceration by being more authoritarian. Roe v Wade was pretty authoritarian. It banned most abortions after a certain time. That's another centrist view that is somewhat extreme

As to justification.... I might say it this way: I think Sean has a variety of good criticism about the US and NATO. That doesn't mean that I'm for a Russian invasion. Because Russia (and Ukraine for that matter) have a bunch of issues too. The response should be proportional, not over the top. An invasion of Ukraine doesn't make sense when you bring up criticism of NATO. Conversely, an invasion of Afghanistan is a dumb way to take down Osama Bin Laden, and, if any, proved that Bin Laden was had some legitamate arguments

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
Voting is a right. People died for it.
At least we in the United States do not have a monarchy, which people also died not to have.

Speaking of understanding that right please checkout this propaganda called "Clansman" via PDF and "Birth of a Nation"
via this link provided. Just go to 2:58 to see what I am talking about.

I do not like providing this piece of trash above as an example why voting is important, but in the United States apparently we went through possible two or three different variations of post-slavery not including Jim-crow.

Neo-slavery - Indentured servitude from colonial days but now targeting former slaves who would have to work in order to live on the same land or be declared free along with various laws being created just to keep people enslaved and possible die from poor working conditions. This is like when somebody tells you to go back to picking up garbage and not work inside of a book-store calling you a rat by a midget, or not being able to gain income by normal means via employment. Even working for people for free and not getting paid or being treated like a human being.

Withdrawal of troops - where the South felt that it was not needed for Union Troops to park themselves to prevent discrimination. This should have never ended. Because of this withdrawl various racist, supremacists, and other groups terrorized people who are not white/European and caused them all to flee especially during the great migration. In my area we had two, One thanks to elevator-trains, Second sometime around the 1970's, where mostly White/European Jews who left but still owned the land, and Third could be counted as COVID and people just giving up and packing their bags.

Raising standards - happen during the post 1950's via WWII. It was where we had various licenses, requirements like car-insurance ( 2000's ) , or even getting a COVID shot just to get a job ( which is no longer the case ), to even in the 1990's where a 55 went to being a 65 and due to phones being allowed in schools teachers got more pay for adding an hour to class-time ( early 2000's ) , or even %10 of the grade not being associated with behavior which caused many students who needed that %10 to pass while creating ADD nightmare in the classroom ( mid-1990's ).

This is why voting is important.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So Pence wrote a biography that goes over the jan 6th events. Nothing really new in it, but the timing of release is interesting, right after the mid term.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Nothing really new in it, but the timing of release is interesting, right after the mid term.
He wanted to cash in on his experience with Jan 6, no that he knows which way the wind is starting to blow in party, and needed to do it at the time with the least impact on elections - immediately after one.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So Pence wrote a biography that goes over the jan 6th events. Nothing really new in it, but the timing of release is interesting, right after the mid term.

The time for Pence to be a hero was when Trump was being impeached, by supporting the effort. Instead he's just a jilted sycophant.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You know you're saying fucked up shit if even Young Republicans hesitate and don't clap/cheer. Those dudes are 4chan users brave enough to go into the sun. Its pretty bad when even they hesitate:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You know you're saying fucked up shit if even Young Republicans hesitate and don't clap/cheer. Those dudes are 4chan users brave enough to go into the sun. Its pretty bad when even they hesitate:

I don't like any Republicans that try to please jackass extremists, but these ones have my respect. Do something that actually helps decent and good people, and I might like you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales

Two Tennessee Men Arrested for Planning Attacks on Law Enforcement Personnel and the FBI’s Knoxville Field Office

A criminal complaint was unsealed today charging Edward Kelley, 33, of Maryville, Tennessee, and Austin Carter, 26, of Knoxville, Tennessee, with conspiracy, retaliating against a federal official, interstate communication of a threat, and solicitation to commit a crime of violence.
Kelley and Carter made their initial appearance in federal court today in Knoxville before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jill E. McCook. Both defendants have been detained. Carter has a detention hearing scheduled for Dec. 21.

According to court documents, Kelley, who is facing charges in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia related to his assault on a law enforcement officer during the breach of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, obtained a list of law enforcement personnel who participated in that criminal investigation. In conversations with a cooperating witness, Kelley and Carter discussed collecting information and plans to kill the individual law enforcement personnel on the list that included an attack on the FBI’s Knoxville, Tennessee Field Office.

Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, U.S. Attorney Francis M. (Trey) Hamilton III for the Eastern District of Tennessee and Assistant Director Robert R. Wells of the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division made the announcement.

The FBI is investigating the case.

Assistant U.S. Attorneys Casey Arrowood and Kyle Wilson for the Eastern District of Tennessee, and Trial Attorneys David Smith and Jacob Warren of the National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section are prosecuting the case.
Is depressing these ppl have more committment than I can muster.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

I suppose this would be an interesting moment to explain the Ms. Greene that part of my high school level social and sexual education class did indeed involve putting condoms on dildos. And yes, as you might imagine in a class of fifteen year old boys and girls, jokes and innuendo ran thick and fast. It was hilarious. Even more so was that the school's name was engraved on the side of each phallus.

Butt plugs seem a bit left of field, but then again they weren't a thing - that I recall - when I was fifteen so maybe their presence now is simply being ahead of the curve so some poor soul doesn't try and use one incorrectly and end up with a prolapsed rectum.

Reactions: BrawlMan