A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I suppose this would be an interesting moment to explain the Ms. Greene that part of my high school level social and sexual education class did indeed involve putting condoms on dildos. And yes, as you might imagine in a class of fifteen year old boys and girls, jokes and innuendo ran thick and fast. It was hilarious. Even more so was that the school's name was engraved on the side of each phallus.
Classy.

My school was too under-resourced for that... we had to make do with a single banana for around 30 kids. It got quite grim after a dozen or so kids had taken a turn.

Honestly, though, we wouldn't have gotten engraved dildos even if we had the resources for fear of theft and/or some poor kid getting beaten half to death with a dildo. Looks bad in the papers and all.

Butt plugs seem a bit left of field, but then again they weren't a thing - that I recall - when I was fifteen so maybe their presence now is simply being ahead of the curve so some poor soul doesn't try and use one incorrectly and end up with a prolapsed rectum.
Do you mean 'a thing' insofar as classroom education or their existance?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Never did any of that in my school, just had to watch videos or take turns reading aloud from textbooks.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Classy.

My school was too under-resourced for that... we had to make do with a single banana for around 30 kids. It got quite grim after a dozen or so kids had taken a turn.

Honestly, though, we wouldn't have gotten engraved dildos even if we had the resources for fear of theft and/or some poor kid getting beaten half to death with a dildo. Looks bad in the papers and all.

Do you mean 'a thing' insofar as classroom education or their existance?
Give its you asking this question, I suspect that they have existed for many decades. In that case you may take my statement to mean as a part of classroom education.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I think the prevailing thought about January 6 among certain people is now ''Oh my god I went to jail for the sake of an NFT salesmen''

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think the prevailing thought about January 6 among certain people is now ''Oh my god I went to jail for the sake of an NFT salesmen''
I'm hoping that this is the last straw for lots of people, but it should have been the last straw several harvests ago.
Sucks to be them. They get nothing from me, but only scorn and disgust for their cowardice.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
There's a lot of naïve people who think you can just vote out fascism.

Like, if fascists get fewer votes than their opponents, they'll just snap their fingers, say "Oh, man!", and walk off like Swiper the Fox.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
There's a lot of naïve people who think you can just vote out fascism.

Like, if fascists get fewer votes than their opponents, they'll just snap their fingers, say "Oh, man!", and walk off like Swiper the Fox.
Well, yes, but when they win elections (or get close enough to winning to gain legitimate political power) that's even worse.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Would also accept no goosestepping.
Apparently the Nazis lost interest in goosestepping and gave it up. OTOH, the Soviets kept doing it. And they did drive the Nazis out of their country and took Berlin. Probably a coincidence, but...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Sounds like something you'd hear on "Heil Honey I'm Home!"

Yes, there is a Hitler sitcom, I'm not making that up.
While someone really did make that (or at least a pilot), there's arguments that that was done as a joke, not as a serious attempt to get a sitcom going. Dunno for sure, though.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
While someone really did make that (or at least a pilot), there's arguments that that was done as a joke, not as a serious attempt to get a sitcom going. Dunno for sure, though.
... so someone watched The Producers and thought to themselves "Awesome idea, let's do that for realsies"?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So now that the committee has referred criminal charges for Trump, one of two things will happen.
The DoJ will refuse to prosecute, citing a risk to national secuirty if a former President is charged.
Or Biden, citing a need for national healing, will offer Trump a pardon.
Either way, this will never go to trial. Any judge and attorney would be the #1 assassination targets. And try paneling a jury. Try finding an impartial jury whose never heard of Trump or Jan 6th before. Try keeping them safe and isolated when the very security officers to protect them could have been there on the 6th.
Imagine the hit pieces and circus that will occur at a trial. It'll never happen. Trump is, unfortunately, above the law.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I doubt that. Even if the powers that be are desperate to get Trump off the hook its unlikely Biden would do that in such a public, personal manner. Trump is rightfully despised by much of the country so Biden pardoning him would kill off any hope of him getting a second term. There's plenty to suggest that Biden also rightfully despises Trump and won't be itching to do him any favors.

If Trump gets off scott free its more likely that the DOJ will refuse to prosecute him and that Biden goes ''Whelp! Can't force em if they don't want to!''

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
...putting aside what should actually obviously happen (charges, prison time, the whole shebang)... knowing that won't happen, wouldn't it be the ultimate fuck-you move to the Trumpets for Biden to pardon him?

Immediately pisses off his entire base by making him look like he needed Biden's good graces. Tars Trump with any brush he wants to use against Biden. I can genuinely think of nothing that would piss Trump's supporters off more.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So now that the committee has referred criminal charges for Trump, one of two things will happen.
The DoJ will refuse to prosecute, citing a risk to national secuirty if a former President is charged.
Either way, this will never go to trial. Any judge and attorney would be the #1 assassination targets. And try paneling a jury. Try finding an impartial jury whose never heard of Trump or Jan 6th before. Try keeping them safe and isolated when the very security officers to protect them could have been there on the 6th.
Imagine the hit pieces and circus that will occur at a trial. It'll never happen. Trump is, unfortunately, above the law.
Nah I think it'll just sorta muddle around, with every couple of months some vague statement about it progressing and Trump being almost charged. But nothing will really happen until GOP get back in full control and they drop the entire thing because it would just look bad for them. Trump is old and will eventually die, at which point every MAGA fan will claim that they never really liked him and instead will move on to the new insane person they'll claim is totally their champion.