A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Democrats literally removed Trump and now JFK Jr from ballots...
You mean in Colorado, Maine and Illinois?

In Colorado, the petitioners were.... 4 Republicans and two unaffiliated.

In Maine and Illinois, the Judges were both Democrats. But they also stayed their own decisions pending challenge, meaning Trump was not removed from the ballots.

So the only case where Trump was removed from a primary ballot was due to Republicans.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Lying is fun.
Delusional is fun too!

You mean in Colorado, Maine and Illinois?

In Colorado, the petitioners were.... 4 Republicans and two unaffiliated.

In Maine and Illinois, the Judges were both Democrats. But they also stayed their own decisions pending challenge, meaning Trump was not removed from the ballots.

So the only case where Trump was removed from a primary ballot was due to Republicans.
What court would actually rule to remove Trump from a ballot? I thought the reason you all hated the conservative SCOTUS was because they would make decisions that are wrong. The second I heard that Trump was being removed off ballots and the reason, I knew immediately that it was unconstitutional. Yet the liberal court ruled that Trump be removed from the ballot, which I thought liberal courts are too good to make such bad rulings.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
What court would actually rule to remove Trump from a ballot? I thought the reason you all hated the conservative SCOTUS was because they would make decisions that are wrong. The second I heard that Trump was being removed off ballots and the reason, I knew immediately that it was unconstitutional. Yet the liberal court ruled that Trump be removed from the ballot, which I thought liberal courts are too good to make such bad rulings.
Some states have laws against insurrection, wacky I know. Its like trying to prevent one of the keystones of US democracy is looked down on. Who knew? But, then again, you are a known russian plant. So, none of this matters to you, you just want the US to fall, doesn't matter how.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I honestly think that is a step too far.

Gorfias has (as far as we know) never shown an inclination to violence or self harm. And just being in the deep end of conspiracy theories is not enough reason to lock someone away.
He thinks a person in drag is literally the same as masturbating onto children. You can bet he would be violent to someone doing that, so he would be violent to seeing someone in drag because to his diseased brain they are the same thing.
And democracy depends on people having the same basic reference points so you can make the best choices to deal with the challenges of what's actually happening in the world. When some people are in a complete fantasy world of imagined evils they are having major emotional reactions against, why should they get to vote?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You haven't addressed the point at all. You said Dems removed him. But the only time he was removed was due to Republican petition.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Some states have laws against insurrection, wacky I know. Its like trying to prevent one of the keystones of US democracy is looked down on. Who knew? But, then again, you are a known russian plant. So, none of this matters to you, you just want the US to fall, doesn't matter how.
You have to be convicted of something to be that thing. Like you can't just claim someone is a sexual predator and force them to be on the list.

Those that are delusional shouldn't, no.
Who decides who's delusional then? I'd say everyone that thinks democracy is actually under threat over Trump is delusional.

You haven't addressed the point at all. You said Dems removed him. But the only time he was removed was due to Republican petition.
Liberal courts decided it was legal to do that. Also, democrats did remove RFK Jr.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Trump organised the catastrophe that was Afghanistan.
Just to extend on this, Trump told the Taliban that he wanted the US to leave. Once he did that, the Taliban went on the offensive and had no reason to negotiate. Trump also cut out the Aghan government from negotiations, making the Taliban the actual government. Once this happened, the exit from Afghanistan was always going to go bad. It was a political time bomb

Trump doesn't know how to negotiate. He tells people what he wants and pretends that negotiations.

Now, to defend Trump a bit, he was given a political time bomb from Bush and Obama was lucky enough not to have blow up in his face. So two president failed before him... and something similar will happen in Iraq, no matter who is in power.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
*Goal post move gif*

It funny how you only blame the Dems involved and not the GOP

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Now, to defend Trump a bit, he was given a political time bomb from Bush and Obama was lucky enough not to have blow up in his face. So two president failed before him... and something similar will happen in Iraq, no matter who is in power.
Trump was under pressure to can Afghanistan, because it was popular with a lot of people and the fashion amongst many Republican voters. Announcing the pullout was an obvious bone to throw to voters in the lead-up to the 2020 election.

I think everyone knew that the Taliban would take over if the USA pulled out, Trump included. No prior president was willing to have that on their record. That's why Trump announced it but scheduled it for the following presidential term: because fair chance Biden would win and take the hit. After all, if Trump had won in 2020, he could have just manufactured a reason to cancel the pullout.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
*Goal post move gif*

It funny how you only blame the Dems involved and not the GOP
If kids asked their parents to eat candy all day and night and ended up throwing up, is it kids' fault or the parents' fault?

The dems did get JFK Jr off a ballot and the stuff they did to Bernie as well years back.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If kids asked their parents to eat candy all day and night and ended up throwing up, is it kids' fault or the parents' fault?

The dems did get JFK Jr off a ballot and the stuff they did to Bernie as well years back.
The Dems AND the GOP

Thanks for proving my point

Maybe put any mount of time actually reading what I wrote and you wouldn't make this mistake.

Reactions: bluegate
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
But did he lose the popular vote? In a nation in which elections can be stolen with out leaving a trace that it happened, how would you know?

Five days after Biden said this to backers pleading for another chance to show he might actually be able to win 2024 (or get polling close enough to steal the election) the Secret Service turned into Tommy the pinball wizard. The assassination attempt failed and Biden was dropped.

A case can be built on circumstantial evidence alone and can be more convincing than direct evidence (i.e. a witness, who could simply be incorrect).

But about 1/6 in particular? I think the left wanted a false flag and instigated the worst of it and exaggerated much. Be interesting if, when they finally debate, Kamala brings it up or not.
Reminds me of this -

Wonder what would happen if members of the right wing said stuff like that.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Reminds me of this -

Wonder what would happen if members of the right wing said stuff like that.
I think the term, "fight" is easily in bounds in political rhetoric. One definition is, " A struggle to achieve an objective. "
But something like stating that you are fantasizing about blowing up the white house or, when's the last time an actor assassinated a president IMHO is pretty close to out of bounds. Telling your people to get in the face of opposing political party members in public spaces and tell them, "they're not welcome here" is like a call for assaulting people.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I think the term, "fight" is easily in bounds in political rhetoric. One definition is, " A struggle to achieve an objective. "
But something like stating that you are fantasizing about blowing up the white house or, when's the last time an actor assassinated a president IMHO is pretty close to out of bounds. Telling your people to get in the face of opposing political party members in public spaces and tell them, "they're not welcome here" is like a call for assaulting people.
Saying it is one thing but the other is the double standard in response to such things in media. Like, the right says it and it’s like a red alert situation, but the left says it and it’s either ignored completely or if it gets any traction shrugged off with excuses akin to, “Hehe kids say the darnedest things.” Point is, any fanatical response can be dangerous regardless of political affiliations.

Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Trump was under pressure to can Afghanistan, because it was popular with a lot of people and the fashion amongst many Republican voters. Announcing the pullout was an obvious bone to throw to voters in the lead-up to the 2020 election.

I think everyone knew that the Taliban would take over if the USA pulled out, Trump included. No prior president was willing to have that on their record. That's why Trump announced it but scheduled it for the following presidential term: because fair chance Biden would win and take the hit. After all, if Trump had won in 2020, he could have just manufactured a reason to cancel the pullout.
Yeah, Obama half heartedly tried and the Taliban attacked immediately leading to The Surge

The Taliban was actually more patient this time.

None of this was going to end well. Just like every other country who have tried to conquer Afghanistan