A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
That the Bush administration was on the ball enough to see it coming and decide to allow it, and really on the ball enough to stop this from getting out in the 20 odd years afterwards is not by any means necessarily true.
You're right in that, what you claim my assertion to be is decidedly not true. The Bush admin leaked like a sieve and the cat was out of the bag before the world trade towers' wreckage was cold.

To be clear, I'm not saying that incompetence is a defence, only it's different from malice (and who was incompetent and who was malicious varies in the different theories, I guess), and it was certainly malice to invade Iraq.
In other words, despite all evidence to the contrary, and the fact you yourself concede the Bush administration was malicious and dishonest...suddenly it's Hanlon's razor time when I dare suggest the Bush administration made the exact same play numerous presidential administrations before it made by way of fabricating casus belli and/or allowing avertable events to play out in order to manufacture consent for war? This shit goes all the way back to John Adams, it's as American as apple pie and naked racism.

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Are we letter writers, then?
I'll repeat the question you never answered: What makes someone a thing? Is it "time spent on X" and you earn the right to be called an "X-er"?
It’s as good as any other. A fairly typical way to categorize people into trades, hobbies, or skillsets.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It’s as good as any other. A fairly typical way to categorize people into trades, hobbies, or skillsets.
How much time do you need to spend doing a thing before you become an X-er?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I already explained that he’s done more advertisement than I’ve done programming. I am a programmer. He qualifies as an advertiser.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I already explained that he’s done more advertisement than I’ve done programming. I am a programmer. He qualifies as an advertiser.
So how much time is that?

Are you unable to answer the question directly?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So how much time is that?

Are you unable to answer the question directly?
160 or so hours.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Speaking of false flags:

The terrorist group in question would be the YPG, y’know, the same one hundreds of special forces operatives spent months being besties with while fighting ISIS.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Freedom Fighters, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Holy shit, the cognitive dissonance at 2:40 when some tacticool warrior tells another guy to get out of the VP's chair: "It is not our chair. We can't be disrespectful". From some guy who stormed the Capitol alongside people chanting treason and wanting to stop the democratic process. Tagging along with people wanting to lynch Nancy Pelosi that's cool, but some guy sitting in Pence's chair in the Senate? Nah man, that's crossing the line.
Fucking hypocrites and savages is what they are.

Reactions: ObsidianJones

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Holy shit, the cognitive dissonance at 2:40 when some tacticool warrior tells another guy to get out of the VP's chair: "It is not our chair. We can't be disrespectful". From some guy who stormed the Capitol alongside people chanting treason and wanting to stop the democratic process. Tagging along with people wanting to lynch Nancy Pelosi that's cool, but some guy sitting in Pence's chair in the Senate? Nah man, that's crossing the line.
It's actually surprisingly on Brand.

If you're with us, you're to be respected. If you don't bow down to our ways, we don't recognize you at all.

That part with Ted Cruz's name shows that better than anything, I think. @3:24. When they realize that Ted's "With them", they all mentally course correct and put him into the "Not against the wall" pile.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I actually laughed aloud when they were chanting treason while storming the building. Like, no one there questioned that? Maybe we should chant "No treason" or something to that end? Nah, lets storm the senate chanting treason...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Isn't that the same dude who's ex-wife identified him?

How fucking bonkers can Trump supporters get; Storm the Capitol with military gear, call for the heads of representatives, but we still need to save face though so don't you sit in that chair now (while everyone with a phone is filming). These people live in bizarro world.