A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
As I said before in some threads. Trump is because people think they've been abandoned and or are actively detested by certain people.
As someone who was raised in a situation like that... yeah, yeah, I get it.

But the choice on how to respond to being abandoned and detested by certain people comes down to you. I could have chosen to be a Black Militant. White people are the devil, etc, etc.

But the choice I decided on was a simple one. Do I craft my world in a manner that I feel I got revenge, or do I craft my world in a manner that is better for everyone so they don't have to feel what it is like to be detested or ignored.

Trump feels like revenge. The overall sentiment of "Stick it to the Libs" is obviously revenge. One can't claim exclusion and not being heard when that same individual can be traced to creating another individual's exclusion, after all.

Reactions: CaitSeith

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Still trying to manufacture outrage over mythical people slamming flyover states, huh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
well yeh a fair few prominent people on social media spread it for a while while the narrative was that masks don't work etc. It was being spread as a claim people choosing to wear masks were paranoid etc at the time and falling for online propaganda about China real weird stuff that went on online early on in the pandemic.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Still trying to manufacture outrage over mythical people slamming flyover states, huh
Did you bother to watch the Moviebob video?

Literally the video I linked to said:
The Political party that represents the overwhelming numerical and demographic citizen majority of the country it's most populous and prosperous cities, most economically, culturally and strategically important states whose nominee just wont the presidency and majority of seats in house of representatives would be allowed to pass a single piece of legislation that it's voters... Again who represent most of the actual people alive in the country want it to pass
This is the same person who once tweeted this.

So would you care to actually argue with points of evidence rather than vague dismissals and attempted smears?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
well yeh a fair few prominent people on social media spread it for a while while the narrative was that masks don't work etc. It was being spread as a claim people choosing to wear masks were paranoid etc at the time and falling for online propaganda about China real weird stuff that went on online early on in the pandemic.
Oh cool. REmember when the fucking president of a country being ravaged by a pandemic pretended it was no big deal in public and was recorded saying he likes to downplay it even though it's pretty serious?

February 7“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
February 10“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
February 10“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
February 24“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

March 17“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 19I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
March 20“I say that you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question, and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people." [Response to reporter’s question: "What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"]
March 22“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”
March 24 “I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
March 24“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”

May 18U.S. death toll passes 90,000
May 19“When we have a lot of cases, I don't look at that as a bad thing, I look at that as, in a certain respect, as being a good thing,...Because it means our testing is much better. I view it as a badge of honor, really, it's a badge of honor.”

October 28"Covid, Covid, Covid is the unified chant of the Fake News Lamestream Media. They will talk about nothing else until November 4th., when the Election will be (hopefully!) over. Then the talk will be how low the death rate is, plenty of hospital rooms, & many tests of young people."

January 1U.S. surpasses 20 million COVID-19 cases
January 3U.S. death toll passes 350,000

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
This wasn't an organized attack, this was just a mob of idiots, but trump literally told them to do it and they did.
Yeah sure... they just happened to be carrying guns, wire tape and pipe bombs for the speach...

But better to wait for the official investiagtion so better evidence to be revealed.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
As someone who was raised in a situation like that... yeah, yeah, I get it.

But the choice on how to respond to being abandoned and detested by certain people comes down to you. I could have chosen to be a Black Militant. White people are the devil, etc, etc.

But the choice I decided on was a simple one. Do I craft my world in a manner that I feel I got revenge, or do I craft my world in a manner that is better for everyone so they don't have to feel what it is like to be detested or ignored.

Trump feels like revenge. The overall sentiment of "Stick it to the Libs" is obviously revenge. One can't claim exclusion and not being heard when that same individual can be traced to creating another individual's exclusion, after all.
Funny thing is I'm not from such an area. Hell here on Plague Island there's really not such stigma really as such at least media wise, maybe socially wise but that's changed a lot too among most.

I don't even think Trump was good just very much the lesser of the evils because he wasn't competent enough to be a threat of doing any real kind of damage ultimately (say what you will about social perception but the USA survived Bush and Palin and trust me in the UK the portrayal of Bush showed America as far worse while Trump just comes off as a mean spirit egocentric asshole).

Bernie (2016 campaign) was probably the better option.

Hell Biden if he follows through on actually trying to heal the divide could be very good but it's kind of if people even allow the divide to be healed at all now because it might mean "eeww I have to actually acknowledge Trump supporters are human and equally deserving of a voice and not act like the old British aristocracy towards them? Intolerable" or whatever.

I think for Trump supporters it's not about revenge, it's just about being heard.

Who it is about revenge for seems more to be I don't know the kind of person who would claim Magneto was right maybe.

Yes there is some "Stick it to the libs" sentiment but a lot of that I believe comes from the belief and position the libs have been trying to stick it to them for years

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah sure... they just happened to be carrying guns, wire tape and pipe bombs for the speach...

But better to wait for the official investiagtion so better evidence to be revealed.
Oh yeah, true, and there was a van or something with molotovs in it also. Hmm, I wonder if that could be related to the rather baffling lack of police presence, I mean I think the cops that were there did what they could, I don't really buy into that helping the rioter things, but there should have been like 3 times the amount of them since it was known there was going to be a big crowd of stupids with our illustrious orange idiot egging them on.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, what they found is like babies first revolution kit. If this had been part of a bigger thing then there would have been lots more. There were a few people there ready to start shit but the majority were just dumb idiots following a dumb idiot.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Did you bother to watch the Moviebob video?

This is the same person who once tweeted this.

So would you care to actually argue with points of evidence rather than vague dismissals and attempted smears?
Why do I give a shit about Bob Chipman?

Anyway, you live on a postage stamp smaller than Montana with over 60 times the population. Stop trying to be outraged for me

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I could have chosen to be a Black Militant. White people are the devil, etc, etc.
That seems like a trite caricature of Black militancy, though not completely inaccurate.

And it seems Bob Chipman is now the spokes person for the Left? Huh, I did not realize that.
Pretty much everyone on the left has either never heard of him or thinks he's awful.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Oh cool. REmember when the fucking president of a country being ravaged by a pandemic pretended it was no big deal in public and was recorded saying he likes to downplay it even though it's pretty serious?

February 7“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
February 10“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
February 10“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
February 24“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

March 17“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 19I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
March 20“I say that you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question, and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people." [Response to reporter’s question: "What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"]
March 22“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”
March 24 “I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
March 24“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”

May 18U.S. death toll passes 90,000
May 19“When we have a lot of cases, I don't look at that as a bad thing, I look at that as, in a certain respect, as being a good thing,...Because it means our testing is much better. I view it as a badge of honor, really, it's a badge of honor.”

October 28"Covid, Covid, Covid is the unified chant of the Fake News Lamestream Media. They will talk about nothing else until November 4th., when the Election will be (hopefully!) over. Then the talk will be how low the death rate is, plenty of hospital rooms, & many tests of young people."

January 1U.S. surpasses 20 million COVID-19 cases
January 3U.S. death toll passes 350,000

Also at the time the WHO was downplaying it too.

It wasn't until the 12th February they issued guidelines

The 14th until guidelines on safety precautions at mass gatherngs.

The 27th before PPE guidelines

Now you can A lot of Trump's response was incompetent but as I just showed so were many other officials. The bit to call out incompetence on though probably should be Trump trying to calm people (which is what he was somewhat doing) as you pointed out behind the scenes he was saying it was very worrying. I mean you saw the scenes of panic buying etc right?

Now imagine if he'd gone full in "Yes this is a super deadly virus that you can catch from even going outside or being near people and you need to remain at home inside as much as possible" It would have been insane panic buying going on more so than before and that would have included Trump supporters doing it too.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I didn't know I could hate his disgusting dumb ass more. It's a week for surprises I guess.

And it seems Bob Chipman is now the spokes person for the Left? Huh, I did not realize that.
Well I could suggest Vaush is also becoming somewhat of a face of it too at least online.