A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I’m assuming worst case so the counter-argument of “actually, she was x level of bad which is where I draw my line” can be easily skipped over because I bore easily of worthless tangents. I failed to consider that someone would try to bring up that worthless tangent anyway. My mistake.
Seems like a bit of an issue to assume the worst of people. Would lead to some quick damnations of people.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
So why did I put a question mark then?

Cause it seems like you're now telling me what I meant by said post and refusing to accept me saying what I actually meant by it.
Because you aren't a person worth responding to. I have absolutely no reason to believe you say a word in good faith. Go away.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because you aren't a person worth responding to. I have absolutely no reason to believe you say a word in good faith. Go away.
Well part of the basis of this forum is trying to accept good faith. I should point out you are also actually responding to me here.

I don't see why you wouldn't wish to clarify your position and make it very clear you don't support anyone breaking into congress and trying to subvert democracy.

Nor do I see why you wouldn't at least try some level of dealing in good faith. If it's just constant agreement or worse an echochamber to rile people up in then there are a number of subreddits that willy happily oblige.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Again we're kind of meant to be knocking off using the labels remember?
Nick can ban me again I don’t care. Honesty is the best policy, imo.
Edit: In any case, you’re the one bringing it up. I’m fine with ignoring him until he starts acting shit again.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Considering your stances you seem very much like Bob because part of him resents where he lives because he considers it not that good a place and not part of the costal elite.
Seems like a bit of an issue to assume the worst of people. Would lead to some quick damnations of people.
You don't say...

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
If you want to see what "rationally discussing an alternate view point, giving balance to a conversation" looks like

It makes you look like a moron. lol radical beanie man.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Of course Trump did some things that has benefited America. There's absolutely no way he could have messed up every deal unless he was a computer designed to do so. But we have to look at the state of things compared to the way it was before. Are we better off, are we the same, or are we worse? My perception is worse.

We're more divided than ever. Our economy isn't the best. We have deniers of a deadly virus that people are so misinformed that they die cursing their nurses for not giving them the cure for the 'real' thing that's made them sick. Our allies consider us a laughing stock. Our enemies are over the moon happy with the state of our country. And we have a hospital system that is about to collapse with millions facing eviction. People say Trump made the best decisions with what he had, and I see third world countries that have more people than we do and who are doing better than us.

The bad completely outstrips the good for me. I have to hunt for the good. I think a lot of us feel the same about Trump. So that's why we're just so clueless about his supporters that feel like they literally want to deify him.
From my perception (as some-one not from the USA admittedly)

Trump for better or worse cut some less essential but pricey committees and other things funding things that as much as I care for are non essential. Though he did cut some stuff more worthwhile too. But bring back the good and leave the less needed things is likely beneficial and Biden doesn't have to face the backlash of culling said things.

North Korea has stopped saber rattling. Russia has stopped Saber. China is having something done about it (that embassy / consulate being closed). There has been no new war started. Spoiler for those who may not know the US has been a laughing stock for years and was all throughout the Bush Era. Obama was a break from it being a laughing stock. Hell Trumps incompetence has helped because now the border camps are being brought up and the separation of children.

For a competent politician you're 2 months from returning to the end of the Obama era levels of stuff or better really and thanks to Trump being incompetent there's areas highlighted to fix now.

Yes the US is more divided but it was going that way anyway.

No-ones economy is the best right now except China who are still facing calls from some EU leader to pay a fine of some kind for their actions in covering up the pandemic etc.

Hospitals were going to struggle almost certainly anyway and the evictions stuff because of the pandemic and a we've learned basically no government in the world has done that well (except New Zealand) as most can't seal themselves off as much.

Trump was liked seemingly because he gave the illusion of caring. Gave the illusion of being some-one to shake up a system that already wasn't working for said people. E.G. Hillary and the exclusive country club lunches, Trump sending a Truck load of supplies to help flood victims. If it had been Obama vs Trump I'm 99% sure Obama would have walked out from those lunches and been organising lorries to send down there.

Trump went to rust belt states and gave them hope (false hope admittedly) but hope non less which yeh when they feel like they're being abandoned can do a lot I'd imagine.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And Twitch has suspended Trump's account, again.

RIP, but play fascist games :V
Well that's section 230 gone by executive order then. See whoever starts throwing the lawsuits in court lol

You don't say...
I didn't say it made you a bad person.

If you want to see what "rationally discussing an alternate view point, giving balance to a conversation" looks like

It makes you look like a moron. lol radical beanie man.
You know if you'd watched some of his stuff and not just taken social media hot takes and some thumbnails to inform you on his position you'd actually see Tim Pool feared things going this was. This was what he said would happen and he feared it would go down like this. This wasn't him celebrating. This wasn't him pushing for it. This was him finding out something bad he saw coming in part came to pass.

To be fair I had my money on either dinosaurs from the center of the earth invasion, or a new strain of Covid that turns people into zombies. So at least we're beating the spread.
Look you've still got murder hornets for spring.