A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
In case no one has posted it yet, an archive of images and footage posted to social media from the event in question: http://legalize.ga

The 12GB zip file has everything or near enough to it in there.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When people were talking about James Wood I was hoping maybe he was just conservative but nope it was like Glenn Beck level post.
Hades is one of my favorite Disneys villains.:(
He was also in Cat's Eye, one of my favourite movies as a kid. But that's besides the point; he's a rotten c*nt now, or he probably always was.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
This isn't new. When Obama was president some idiots down here in tx were talking about seceding, there is a group up in Oregon that wants to break off and join Idaho since Oregon is too liberal for them. This is something that always crops up on the fringe with idiots talking about taking a state out when things don't go their way, it tends to be the right that does this the most, I think people who were talking about California seceding were actually just right wing sites saying it should.
I've listened to redneck assholes here in Alabama for decades, talking about breaking away. The only difference now is they are able to get their neanderthal asses functional enough to operate something more complex than a beer can, and are using social media to spout their shit globally to anyone that doesn't want to hear it. I've heard them shit talking "the gays" and "colors" "negros" "the other N word", "wetbacks" "spicks" you name it, they've said it. For DECADES. And the thing I love is how they will sit and rant their toxic bile for half an hour, blaming everyone for all the things wrong with their shitty life, and then they will try and backpedal and say shit like "But I mean I don't have anything against the gays, I just don't want them near my grandchildren." Like that evens out the hate you've been saying for 30 minutes. And that isn't an exaggeration, that was a 60ish year old grandma, spewing hate and bile that I heard with my own ears.

Yeah, it's nothing new. It's just more widely distributed.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No this isn't next level. This is exactly the kind of shit those religious idiots think. It's par for the course for them. They are the champions of their god, we are all literally servants of the devil. Not metaphor, but the ACTUAL servants of lucifer to a lot of them. So to them this is a holy war, storming the halls of the proto-new world order society they all fear. Brought to them via all the brown people they are terrified of, and the libs and the freaky LGBTQ, who have come to kill their god, and basically every other batshit insane thing they think is real, because it feels right to them, and is their "personal truth" kind of bullshit. It doesn't surprise me at all that rent-a-Herc said that at all. I expect it from him, and his ilk, and worse.
Is that instead of blindly condemning their enemy and celebrating their death?

Arthur Chu_1.jpg

So Kevin Sorbo is being attacked here for what? changing his position as events unfolded (and being a bit of a moron at the end?)

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Then take it from somebody who actually lives in a flyover state: you don't know what you're talking about and your savior complex is just as aggravating as Chipman's dismissal
Considering your stances you seem very much like Bob because part of him resents where he lives because he considers it not that good a place and not part of the costal elite.

Question Dwarven where you hang out. Our these people really the voice of "the left" or the chosen people of the spaces you hang out.

I would considering left leaning whatever the hell that means now and I never cared bout MovieBob even when he was here and if you asked me who Vaush was I thought you were talking about some feminine hygiene product.
They are voices of it online for better or worse.

Or at least a very vocal faction pushing things online.

Cool. So, can we start conflating conservatives with all the crazy shit said online under their banner, or are we going to more nonsense about how we don't understand them and it's unfair?
You mean carry on as normal then?

This isn't new. When Obama was president some idiots down here in tx were talking about seceding, there is a group up in Oregon that wants to break off and join Idaho since Oregon is too liberal for them. This is something that always crops up on the fringe with idiots talking about taking a state out when things don't go their way, it tends to be the right that does this the most, I think people who were talking about California seceding were actually just right wing sites saying it should.
yes.
But I've very much come to expect idiots of that level on one side. I wasn't expecting it on the side that once claimed to be for reason and sense.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Lol. First Trump riles up his supporters with his nonsensical ''they stole the votes'' for months on end and then when it starts to negatively affect him by inciting to violence he stabs his most loyal supporters in the back saying they are criminals who deserved to be locked up.

Trump must be the most gutless, hypocritical coward that ever existed. Even for delusional conspiracy nutjobs it makes you wonder how they keep worshipping this turd.
This has been making rounds today:

It's funny, in a bit schadenfreude way, but then comes the realization: The kind of people that pulled this "storm" off, wouldn't be the kind to react rationally to a cold wake up like this...

As for Trump, i'm guessing he used basicly the same tricks like the ones listed in his "Art of the Deal" and sold people what they wanted to hear.
Surprised it took him this long to stop believing in his own bs, but guess that happens when you're left with no one but yes-men.

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I’d like to say that Ashley is a clear victim of cult indoctrination. While it by no means justifies any act she’s committed nor condemns the fed that shot her (it looks like he was Secret Service detail for someone and only had his sidearm), her death isn’t worth celebrating and should instead be viewed as a tragedy of cultic origin. She isn’t some birther racist or something, she was a pretty staunch Obama supporter before supporting Trump out of a loathing of Hilary Clinton (a very very common narrative for Qanon ride or die-rs). She was a weed libertarian above being any kind of conservative.

I get it. She’s a hard victim for many outside of the Republican base to feel sympathy for, a Qanon, servicewoman, ex-cop, domestic terrorist. And yes, it’s unfair that this kind of sympathy is being afforded to a grown woman trying to kill Congresspeople but never to black children. But she absolutely was a victim of cultic indoctrination.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That's a lot of stuffing words in people's mouths, go away.
No it's actually asking a question because you meme mentioned legitimate reason to storm congress. So it looks like you supported the actions just not the side who did it.

I figured you'd likely want to clarify that to point to make it clear because it does seem rather an extreme position to support such actions but also a rather partisan one to support it but only be upset when it's the side you don't like doing it.

Reactions: Worgen

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I’d like to say that Ashley is a clear victim of cult indoctrination. While it by no means justifies any act she’s committed nor condemns the fed that shot her (it looks like he was Secret Service detail for someone and only had his sidearm), her death isn’t worth celebrating and should instead be viewed as a tragedy of cultic origin. She isn’t some birther racist or something, she was a pretty staunch Obama supporter before supporting Trump out of a loathing of Hilary Clinton (a very very common narrative for Qanon ride or die-rs). She was a weed libertarian above being any kind of conservative.

I get it. She’s a hard victim for many outside of the Republican base to feel sympathy for, a Qanon, servicewoman, ex-cop, domestic terrorist. And yes, it’s unfair that this kind of sympathy is being afforded to a grown woman trying to kill Congresspeople but never to black children. But she absolutely was a victim of cultic indoctrination.
Just to clarify a point.

Is there any actual indication she intended to kill congress people?

Hell is there even any evidence she was armed?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Just to clarify a point.

Is there any actual indication she intended to kill congress people?

Hell is there even any evidence she was armed?
I’m assuming worst case so the counter-argument of “actually, she was x level of bad which is where I draw my line” can be easily skipped over because I bore easily of worthless tangents. I failed to consider that someone would try to bring up that worthless tangent anyway. My mistake.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Funny thing is I'm not from such an area. Hell here on Plague Island there's really not such stigma really as such at least media wise, maybe socially wise but that's changed a lot too among most.

I don't even think Trump was good just very much the lesser of the evils because he wasn't competent enough to be a threat of doing any real kind of damage ultimately (say what you will about social perception but the USA survived Bush and Palin and trust me in the UK the portrayal of Bush showed America as far worse while Trump just comes off as a mean spirit egocentric asshole).

Bernie (2016 campaign) was probably the better option.

Hell Biden if he follows through on actually trying to heal the divide could be very good but it's kind of if people even allow the divide to be healed at all now because it might mean "eeww I have to actually acknowledge Trump supporters are human and equally deserving of a voice and not act like the old British aristocracy towards them? Intolerable" or whatever.

I think for Trump supporters it's not about revenge, it's just about being heard.

Who it is about revenge for seems more to be I don't know the kind of person who would claim Magneto was right maybe.

Yes there is some "Stick it to the libs" sentiment but a lot of that I believe comes from the belief and position the libs have been trying to stick it to them for years
There's a good bit we agree on. Like seriously, Bernie was the choice for me. I've said it many times. He was the choice for me again. His skeleton will be the choice for me in 2024.

Trump being the lesser of two evils? I personally can't get there. I wanted to leave this country a good bit ago, but I put Trump in the same aisle I put Ross Perot. Being a good businessman means nothing when it comes to leading and doing the best for literally hundreds of millions of people. They aren't workers. You are beholden to them, not the other way around. Being a New Yorker and having heard things from friends in construction... yeah, I had no reason to trust that Trump would do a good job.

But you touched on it. There is so much knee jerk bile that comes out when people are talking that it's hard not to be on the offensive. From Religion to Politics to Gender to Race, everyone has had it. They don't want to be bothered. Which is tough, because we do live in a melting pot. I do not lie when I take life and humanity seriously. If a Independent Lesbian Native American woman is hurt, I'm going to care because in my heart of hearts, the most important thing is that she's a human. I don't really care about what she believes in as long as it doesn't harm others.

And it feels very lonely here having that standpoint. So many people are checking for teams that it gets tiring. For people who want to have a fight to people who want safe spaces so they can let loose without worrying. And I also get that. But we can't be myopic for the sanity of one type of person to be comfortable and forgo the rest. I don't have the answer of how to get there. I can't just tell everyone to just think like I do. But I vote with who at least seems they are trying to think about everyone. I'm not going to get all the focus, but I believe an overall well maintained machine works better than a machine that only has the dials maintained while the core machinery is rusted to hell.

I won't lie and say there aren't some Liberals who do love making Conservatives sad. If you have a group of people, some percentage of those people will be dicks. That's just how humanity is. But I don't know how to abide anyone who will give power to a party simply to think about themselves and/or make other people upset. It, to me, is a wasted vote.

Of course Trump did some things that has benefited America. There's absolutely no way he could have messed up every deal unless he was a computer designed to do so. But we have to look at the state of things compared to the way it was before. Are we better off, are we the same, or are we worse? My perception is worse.

We're more divided than ever. Our economy isn't the best. We have deniers of a deadly virus that people are so misinformed that they die cursing their nurses for not giving them the cure for the 'real' thing that's made them sick. Our allies consider us a laughing stock. Our enemies are over the moon happy with the state of our country. And we have a hospital system that is about to collapse with millions facing eviction. People say Trump made the best decisions with what he had, and I see third world countries that have more people than we do and who are doing better than us.

The bad completely outstrips the good for me. I have to hunt for the good. I think a lot of us feel the same about Trump. So that's why we're just so clueless about his supporters that feel like they literally want to deify him.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Listening to what conservative national party leaders like Trump and Bojo say is a wee bit different than reading random blogs online...
I'm sorry didn't we just have a thread in this very subforum closed because in part people couldn't stop calling people fascists thus literally equating them with the worst most crazy people?

Cause it seems like that kind of thing would be very good evidence for my claim.