A game says f*** you

]DustArma[

Mar 11, 2011
Playing Resident Evil 4, the PC version, the chapter with the dual Gigante fight on top of lava/molten steel, managed to beat both of them without using the trapdoor, and made my way up the caves with the Novistadors, got to the treasure, I was literally one button press away from beating the chapter and saving the game, instead I decided to combine the treasure, a piece of a crown, with the crown I already had, I did that and BOOOOOOM, game crashed.

If you ever want to play Resident Evil 4, go with the Gamecube or Wii versions, or the PS2 if you are desperate, but stay the fuck away from the PC version.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
FF7:
"Attack while its tail's up! It's gonna counter-attack with its laser!"
Mistranslated from
"DO NOT attack while its' tail's up or it WILL counterattack with its laser!"
Slight difference there, translator people.

GazDM

Apr 19, 2011
Vanquish: you're sliding around, flipping and shooting, thinking "I am shit hot!" as everything just seems to come together... then it just rains hell on you out of nowhere, as you're hit by a thousand missiles at once.

Riecharus

Jan 21, 2011
Fighting shao kahn in mortal kombat, all of a sudden he throws three, count em three! hammers at you, each one stuns you and then he pulls his x-ray. Flawless fucking victory.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Devious Boomer said:
Street Fighter IV: Seth's second forms on the higher difficulties. Yes it's hard, but there are better ways to go about making a challenging boss rather than a cheap one.
I always found him to be easier on higher difficulties...didn't seem to spam teleport throws as much.

OT: Shao Kahn's fucking hammer in MK9, and every minute of Demon's Souls.

Sammisaurus

Jun 10, 2011
Well there was this one time in Half Life 2, though it wasn't so much the game's programming but more bad luck. I had just spent a little bit in a warehouse having a shootout with some enemies which made me forget about the helicopter that had been chasing me for quite a while. So afterwards I walked out into a hallways with a big bay window and the helicopter took me down to three health before I managed to duck behind a wall. It was at this point that I noticed the game had just autosaved. *facepalm* I looked to where I needed to go and saw a room just full of windows and not full of health. At all. I looked in my saved games and saw that I had pretty much been relying on the autosave for the whole game. So yeah xD

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah Starcraft, the first one I mean. When the damn AI Zerg rushes me 5 minutes into a skirmish match, that pretty much says "Fuck you Player" to me. How the hell it's able to build up a small attack force AND find me all in the span of 5 minutes is beyond me, stupid cheating bastard.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
GazDM said:
Vanquish: you're sliding around, flipping and shooting, thinking "I am shit hot!" as everything just seems to come together... then it just rains hell on you out of nowhere, as you're hit by a thousand missiles at once.
Definitely. I hate that about Vanquish. It screams lazy design that so many things can kill you or put you in critical state with just one hit. Being without boost is basically a death sentence on its own.

HobbyJim

Aug 4, 2009
Any level in wolfenstein 3-d where they have an officer or SS stationed IN the elevator to the next level. Dick move.

HobbyJim

Aug 4, 2009
InfectedStar said:
yeah, the ending to L.A. Noire, that's a pretty big f**k you and getting it shoved up the arse!
I know, right? I understand it's a noir story and they typically end in bad fashion but COME ON!