A game setting that hasn't been done?

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
A game done entirely in Steampunk (no, Rise of Legends doesn't count because only the Vinci were Steampunk, unlike the other factions)

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
madman485 said:
Sewblon said:
How about a game set in Canada where you fight for the liberation of Quebec?
The only downside of this game would be that you can never actually win.
Yes you can. Some mysterious private military company will give you all the funding and equipment you need, then betray you right at the end only to have you wipe them out and become the new sovereign ruler of Canada.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Yoshemo said:
Jark212 said:
One word and 4 syllables: Ant-arc-tic-a...
That was in The Thing if I remember right
Okay then how about... The Falkland Islands???

Now that's original, play for the U.K. or Argentina...

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
The best I can do are settings that haven't been done in a while. :( Stoneage was mentioned earlier, and the only games I can think of that utilized the setting was Earthbound and Chrono Trigger.

And then there's my almighty favorite setting; cyberpunk. It's been utilized, but hasn't been utilized in a long while. (No, Shadowrun the FPS does not count. It says shadowrun, but it's hardly cyberpunk. It's Sci-fi shooter looooong before it's cyberpunk.) A proper cyberpunk setting hasn't been done since Shadowrun games on the Genesis and Super Nintendo (two totally different games). Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

I'd love to be made aware of any cyberpunk setting games that I may have missed, however. O_O

TheBlackWaterMan

Nov 20, 2009
Well I got a game idea its pretty much music ( I'm a musician ) not like guitar hero or rock band but like I don't know a master of music taking on a planet where mimes have taken all the sound and color from the world and just a side note I have nothing againist mimes it's just there pretty much the opposite of music and color.

P.S. I'm pretty sure there has never EVER been a game like that . . . Peace out

- The Black Water Man A.K.A. Doug

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Steampunk.

Okay, that's not a setting that hasn't been done. It's a setting that hasn't been done enough.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Aylaine said:
Are there any significant games besides the Red Alert series that were based around the cold war or some variation of it? Those would get my vote.
Sniper Elite was in the early cold war

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
How about the inside of a body?

Like you travel through bloodstreams and battle in the Stomach.

That or Neptune.
me and my friend had an idea for a game like that, it involved you being a cell, and you had to protect the body from viruses. the final boss was gonna be a massive virus that kills the body, then you have to escape the body before time runs out... or sumthing like that.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
A game where you're so big you're able to step on the planets (NOT ROLL THEM UP LIKE KATAMARI:FOREVER!) and essentially like Super Mario galaxy but it's like an entire universe and you step on stuff...Don't ask about a storyline, it's just one that's never been done!

Generator

May 8, 2009
I've never seen a game take place at the bottom of the sea. I think it could be kind of cool, actually; maybe take some pointers from Sphere (the book, not the terrible movie).

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Muhammad's face. I win.

On a serious note (heaven forbid), a fighting game with children's toys in a different assortment of plastic and cardboard boxes.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Pre-colonist North America: that would be kind of badass to play as a member of any number of American Indian tribes, and maybe have to fight the spirits of their lore.