A Game Where You Don't Have To Kill Anyone

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
I think you can theoretically get through Planescape Torment without killing anyone. After all, Most of the generic enemies you can run away from, ravel is only feigning her death when you "kill" her, and even the final boss can be convinced to your side.

Ace2991

Jul 28, 2010
Lumines, its just a simple puzzler.
The Sims, you can just raise a family or build a house or something.
The Movies, you just make movies.
Sports Games like Madden, Tiger Woods...exception you have to kill something entirely different ha!ha!ha! FIFA etc.
Gran Turismo, Flight Simulator, Forza, Project Gotham Racing.
Heavy Rain, you only fight some thugs a few times, but you never have to kill anyone unless you want to. The final scene with Norman and Scott Shelby doesn't count because Scott committs suicide.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Didn't Half-Life 2 (The Orange Box version) had an archievement for finishing the game without shooting more than one bullet?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I think you actually CAN go through Fallout 3 without killing anyone...except for the Super Mutants in the Jefferson Memorial, required to advance the plot in "The Waters of Life". But no humans at any rate.

Oblivion contains a relatively small amount of mandatory kills as well...I think Mankar Camoran's the only one the player absolutely has to whack who can't be whacked by a follower/other NPCs.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Myst has the Guinness Record of the least violent game of all time. It has no deaths, no blood, and the player cannot die.

Other than that, maybe Deus Ex, Flower, and some games I cannot remember...

Ace2991

Jul 28, 2010
Metal Gear Solid. It just occured to me that you can sneak your way around the entire game without killing a single enemy. You can avoid them with pure stealth, or tranquilize them and walk right past them.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
The Jakeinator said:
moretimethansense said:
Fallout 1 & 2
What? You have to blow up an entire fucking army base with a nuke in the first one, and have to kill that crazy badass endboss after making an oil rig start to fall into the middle of the ocean, and I'm pretty sure you can't swim with Power Armor on.
Well yeah but it is mostly possible to finish the games without entering combat,
you don't have to actually shoot/stab/Pants bomb anyone directly(at least in the first game).

You have to kill at least three people in Deus ex but it doesn't stop you doing a (mostly) pacafist run.

Ace2991 said:
Lumines, its just a simple puzzler.
The Sims, you can just raise a family or build a house or something.
The Movies, you just make movies.
Sports Games like Madden, Tiger Woods...exception you have to kill something entirely different ha!ha!ha! FIFA etc.
Gran Turismo, Flight Simulator, Forza, Project Gotham Racing.
Heavy Rain, you only fight some thugs a few times, but you never have to kill anyone unless you want to. The final scene with Norman and Scott Shelby doesn't count because Scott committs suicide.
Dude spoilers!

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
I liked how metal gear solid 1 did it, the fact that you could go through the ENTIRE game without having to kill anyone except for the people you were sent in to kill gave you a real sense of stealth

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
TerribleAssassin said:
Postal 2, you can, it's best if you do, but you don't have to...
It's also brutally difficult to play through the game without killing anyone. I got to the church on wednesday, my last errand of the day, and I just couldn't get out of the church without being killed by the Extremists.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
hermes200 said:
Didn't Half-Life 2 (The Orange Box version) had an archievement for finishing the game without shooting more than one bullet?
yeah but you still have to kill people just with the crowbar and gravity gun...
OT: two that come to mind are Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge...

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Maybe you should've phrased it differently-- there are tons of games where you don't kill anyone, but you kill plenty of other things.