A Genie and 3 Wishes

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
Oh, Oh, I know! I know how to get more wishes going by the rules.

Let us assume that hypothetically there is a Genie with the power to grant wishes.
Given that scenario, and the fact that you have managed to find the bottle, there is a good chance that there are other bottles and indeed, magical items. So:
First you ask your genie for a knowledge of magical items lore.
Second you wish for something that can find magical items.
Third you wish for the ability to travel to a magical item.

You would then be able to track down other magical items probably including many other bottles containing genies.

Theoretically you could cut out the middle man and wish for another Genie, but perhaps that would be beyond the Genie's power, or he could only capture Genies less powerful than himself.

It's within the rules.

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
For those wishing for immortality...

Immortality (from Cracked.com)

Okay, after the first, say, few hundred years, everything's still fine and well. You've seen a few generations of people live and die, and had this happen to your family. Oh well, they were likely douches you could live without anyway at some points. Companionship is companionship, or so you think.

Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward. [Even if you don't buy that it gets worse...]

Let's keep going into the future, since you're a sociopathic recluse and think you're still okay with this whole immortality thing. There are so many things that could go wrong with the planet, an asteroid strike, nuclear war, the LHC, but let's assume the planet somehow makes it through all that without being reduced to dust.

Five billion years from now or so, the Sun expands into a red giant. You survive the first roasting, but nothing else does. The Sun eventually rips planet Earth into rubble with gravity. So now there you are floating in outer space, drifting along, or getting a bitching tan at the heart of the Sun so you can pick up some killer alien chicks in the Andromeda galaxy if you ever get there (you won't).

Either way, a few trillion years later, the universe starts to really show its entropy. Every where is the same. No stars, no planets, no black holes, just an empty, cold mass of subatomic particles that can never come together again. And you, floating along in the void. Forever.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
1) Once I hit 30, I stay 30 forever, and only I can kill myself.
2) The ability to give the power of number 1 to whoever I want.
3) Cures for all diseases.

EDIT: I thought of something else!
1) A human-sized hamster ball.
And for my other wishes? Why would I need anything else?

Cookie for the reference.

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
For starters, I'd work out an arrangement with the genie so that all wishes would be in writing.
With that done I would wish for:
1) To be permanently 22.
2) To never get physically hurt or be sick.
3) To be a virtuoso at every musical instrument possible.

captainwalrus

Jul 25, 2008
War Penguin said:
1) infinite wishes. (you'd be an idiot not to wish that, even if you have every thing)
There was an awesome episode of the Twilight Zone (I think, maybe it was another show) where a dude wished for infinite wishes, and he ended up turning into a genie. So, he becomes able to grant infinite wishes, for all eternity. It was pretty cool.

Anyway...

boboffire said:
1. That my third wish be exactly what I intend in my mind and not be corrupted

2. That I knew exactly what to wish for

3. (Depends on the answer to wish 2)
What he said ^

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
MisterColeman said:

Okay, after the first, say, few hundred years, everything's still fine and well. You've seen a few generations of people live and die, and had this happen to your family. Oh well, they were likely douches you could live without anyway at some points. Companionship is companionship, or so you think.

Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward. [Even if you don't buy that it gets worse...]

Let's keep going into the future, since you're a sociopathic recluse and think you're still okay with this whole immortality thing. There are so many things that could go wrong with the planet, an asteroid strike, nuclear war, the LHC, but let's assume the planet somehow makes it through all that without being reduced to dust.

Five billion years from now or so, the Sun expands into a red giant. You survive the first roasting, but nothing else does. The Sun eventually rips planet Earth into rubble with gravity. So now there you are floating in outer space, drifting along, or getting a bitching tan at the heart of the Sun so you can pick up some killer alien chicks in the Andromeda galaxy if you ever get there (you won't).

Either way, a few trillion years later, the universe starts to really show its entropy. Every where is the same. No stars, no planets, no black holes, just an empty, cold mass of subatomic particles that can never come together again. And you, floating along in the void. Forever.
YOU SIR, ARE A TOTAL PARTY POOPER!

Either way, I'd wish for
1. Immortality (I don't care about your logical nonsense Mr. Nostradamus!)
2. Knowledge of everything.
3. The power to turn water into funk.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I've thought about this when I've suppose to have been working (come-on who doesn't think about crap like this when they are suppose to be working?)

First off I'd have to spend a while writing it out exactly as I want it, less we get one of those evil bastard genies from those Wish movies.

1) Perfect Health and extreme long life.

2) The ability to shape shift and be able to use the skills of the form I take.

3) 0.1 cents from every banking transaction made from now until the end of time in a completely untraceable, undetectable bank account with a SEP on it.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
First wish
To be a powerful magician (so I can combine telepathy, invisibility, flying, time travel and stuff)

Second wish
Suffering worldwide limits to the least amount of physical/psychological pain necessary (you need to feel it sometimes, otherwise you don't know something's wrong/can't change)

Third wish
I'm torn between lifelong invulnerability (not the same as immortality) or letting the world change so I can relive some moments of my favourite movies

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
1. Every day my life would play like a movie with a soundtrack and credits. If I die in it I will come back to life.

2. A whole fashion department with everything I need and the man power to make any type of clothing I want.

3. And I want to be a spy with awesome gadgets.

I'd be happy with that.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
1 A apple pie (To prove he is magic)
2 My license plus Bike and Insurance paid for life
3 That I don't remember having a genie.

Cocal

Feb 7, 2009
1) The ability to turn shape my body and all of it's contents into what ever I wish/ think of in my "minds eye".

2) The ability to change matter from one thing to another / create or destroy matter.

3) The ability of magic. Like just what ever I want can happen do to magic.

( IE. People can naturally fly. and they can.)

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
1) The genie would not try to twist my wishes
2) Power over all boundaries
3) Tons of money (what Nintendo has altogether)

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
MisterColeman said:

oh yeah than do it like this.

1. immortality for you and you relationships (friends,family,loves) and they can decide if they want to die.

2. the power to imgine my own powers.

3. infinate knoledge

Son of Makuta

Nov 4, 2008
Xerosch said:
First wish
To be a powerful magician (so I can combine telepathy, invisibility, flying, time travel and stuff)

Second wish
Suffering worldwide limits to the least amount of physical/psychological pain necessary (you need to feel it sometimes, otherwise you don't know something's wrong/can't change)

Third wish
I'm torn between lifelong invulnerability (not the same as immortality) or letting the world change so I can relive some moments of my favourite movies
I like your ideas.

How about this lot:

1) Omnipotence.
2) Omniscience.
3) Quicksave and quickload / galactic undo button.

Then experiment with reality all you want :)

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
1: to bring me all the OTHER genie lamps in the world
2: good ol, shape shifting ( but not limited to humanoid forms)...common, rampaging in a mall as a pissed off minotaur would be a blast.

3: genies freedom..... I mean hell I have more lamps to burn through right? and freeing all the genies means nobody else could get a lamp, and have my wishes undone.

Woem

May 28, 2009
1. I would wish for my wife and me to be in good health...
2. ... for us to get pregnant ...
3. ... and world peace.

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Matronadena said:
1: to bring me all the OTHER genie lamps in the world
2: good ol, shape shifting ( but not limited to humanoid forms)...common, rampaging in a mall as a pissed off minotaur would be a blast.

3: genies freedom..... I mean hell I have more lamps to burn through right? and freeing all the genies means nobody else could get a lamp, and have my wishes undone.
Nice, really, that's good.

Well.....
1: Ability to jump any height I wanted, and off any height I wanted, including falling, without any injury.
2: Unlimited energy whenever I wanted it.
3: The ability to do whatever flip/trick that I wanted without stuffing up EVER.