A good username

jeejvebe

Jun 3, 2010
What makes a good username? One that you could "wear" proudly on a variety of different sites.

Also, how did you come up with your current one? Did it take a lot of thought to come up with, or did you just pick something randomly?

Alright I admit it, I'm trying to come up with one myself, and decided to phrase my "call for help" as a question.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
I made mine up. Not to sound pompous, but I really like mine so that's the reason of course I have it.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
It's like I fused Sephiroth and Pikachu together in one holy amalgamation.

Or, if that fails, use an obscure series character, like my other persona, Senor Cardgage.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Mine is the name of an awesome character in an awesome book series... that is awesome.

Plus is sounds classy so why not?

[sub]Originality really puts it up there for me[/sub]

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
Mine is linkzelda, except with the a switched out with an I, because the username was taken on the first site I tried the username on. It's easy to remember so I use it for just about everything.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
Something personal. Rakkana was the name I came up with for a book when I was younger. I thought it sounded so cool. :)

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
"Hmm.... I need a username that no one else has thought of yet."

*looks at sprite*

"Lemon Lime it is.BUT! I have to do it in leet speak, otherwise people might not think I'm cool."

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
I nicked the first part of mine from my mate, as it was perfect. I seem to recall the wolf part coming from a series of choose your own adventure books called Lone Wolf at the time. The names worked, there is now two more Hybrids, and two other people might change their name soon.

Otherwise, names which are contextual work wonders. When you've just been killed in COD, it better to know it was "An Angry Gnome" which did it rather then some collection of X's.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
You shall be named:

(thinks of random but awesome name)

FLAKEMUNCHER!

Caps optional...

Edit: I made mine up, to sound weird but compelling

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
FargoDog said:
Mine is FargoDog, because my nickname (pretty much proper name by now) is Fargo, and I made it up years ago because my dog was at my feet when I was typing up a nickname.

Also, does anyone know if you can change your username? I want to see if I can change it to just 'Fargo'..
Go to "Update Account Information" in your profile and you can change it there.

But you can only do it once. Keep that in mind.

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
Mine, of course. trollface.jpg

But really, I do like mine. I came up with it for Runescape, about six years ago. I had never heard of Earthbound (Mother) when I used it, and I had to use the alphanumeric "Earthbound80" at the time, but I dislike alphanumeric names now. It really was a random selection. I thought "omg earthbound sounds soooo hardc0re lol" when I chose it those many years ago. I still haven't played the game of the same name, but I do intend to one day.

A good username has to have a few qualities. First, it has to be pronounceable. Exceptions made to "xyzzy" and any Lovecraftian creature. Second, it should not use <url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XtremeKoolLetterz> Xtreme Kool Letterz. Period. Third, it should be either witty or a reference. That may help people to remember you, as well as giving you nerd cred.

Finally, inb4 "search bar."

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
A good name should be easy to remember.

I based my nick of off my real name, I don't really know if it's any good or not.

jeejvebe

Jun 3, 2010
Rarhnor said:
You shall be named:

(thinks of random but awesome name)

FLAKEMUNCHER!

Caps optional...
You know, why the fuck not? I love me som cornflakes to munch. Problem solved.