A good username

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I say a good username is one that sounds cool and catchy no matter how long you have it.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Darktau

It was Darktaur, because I made a dark coloured tauren, then I decided I didn't like darktaur and darktau sounded cooler, then I realised tau was a warhammer race, so I was like: "Meh, go with that". TBH I like darktau as a username more than darktaur.

*Also use Cryoxus* For no reason, it just sounded cool.

I do like witty usernames though :)

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
I pretty much made up mine on the spot, because I wanted a new one for the Escapist.
I have no idea if it's good or not, I don't really even notice it anymore.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Mine is just an old inside joke form like 8 years ago. I just got attached to this sn and kept using it. I'm far too uncreative to come up with a new one.

I don't know what really makes a good one. I usually like the funny ones the most.

Muffinthraka

Aug 6, 2009
My first original username Muffinthraka (which I've had for years) was a random username created when I made a Yahoo account. To create a random name I had to type in some random stuff including "Name of pet" and "Name of favourite chaacter".
Muffin is the name of my dog and Thraka is part of the name of a 40k character.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
i just changed mine because i like how it sounds haha im going to try and make this my new life user name

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Mine is a shortened version of a song I really enjoy by the band Sky Eats Airplane. Its called "She Is Just A Glitch".

I started out using "I Am Just A Glitch", but I felt it was too long (and annoying to retype each time), so I shortened it to "Just A Glitch".

Its stuck with me ever since. I really like it.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I just stuck a simple 'th' onto the name of my cat.

Yeah...

Still, if you don't know that, I think it's pretty good, if I say so myself.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
jeejvebe said:
Rarhnor said:
You shall be named:

(thinks of random but awesome name)

FLAKEMUNCHER!

Caps optional...
You know, why the fuck not? I love me som cornflakes to munch. Problem solved.
Yes!

I WIN!

Victory exclamation in: 3...2...1...

In. YOUR. FACES!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Make sure to capitalize the initials and pick a name that can be pronounced without sounding stupid. "Pancake Master" is good, "pancake master4234" isn't.

Edit: Dang, problem solved!

jeejvebe

Jun 3, 2010
Rarhnor said:
jeejvebe said:
Rarhnor said:
You shall be named:

(thinks of random but awesome name)

FLAKEMUNCHER!

Caps optional...
You know, why the fuck not? I love me som cornflakes to munch. Problem solved.
Yes!

I WIN!

Victory exclamation in: 3...2...1...

In. YOUR. FACES!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Mluari6xn_0/Sc4UZm9UxsI/AAAAAAAAANs/Kw2R18Mm1nE/s400/winner.jpg

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Well, me being the strangest person on the planet, I just happen to come up with stuff.

A good username has never been done before.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I based mine off of Professor Layton, obviously. I had just beaten the Curious Village and loved it, so I decided to show my love for the Good Professor. I normally name myself off of things I like or strange references like Phage325 (Xbox Live) which is named after the Bacteriophage T4 strand or CrazedArsonist (Twitter) after the song Arsonist by Between the Buried and Me which happened to show up on my Pandora account when I was making my Twitter.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I think that a good username is one without a ton of numbers. That dosent have Xx...xX. can be shortened. I like mine. The 009 dosent get in the way and when using a mike people can shorten it to silver.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Asturiel said:
Mine is the name of an awesome character in an awesome book series... that is awesome.

Plus is sounds classy so why not?

[sub]Originality really puts it up there for me[/sub]
From what book does it comes from?

OT: Mine is awesome, I really love it. I decided to use the word "kaiser" but I found out it was quite used and I decided to modify it a little bit an viola!

[HEADING=1]KHAISERI!![/HEADING]

Other usernames I have made are:
Tyrhandrer (based on the norse god Tyr and a hammer, this last word being somewhat modified).
NagaMyrmidon Quite selfexplanatory, since I love snakes and Naga.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
My user mane is a nod to E-mail address which is a nod to the Twilight Zone, which is one of my favorite shows.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Twilight_guy said:
My user mane is a nod to E-mail address which is a nod to the Twilight Zone, which is one of my favorite shows.
Would be quite cool, except you know what everyone thinks when they hear 'Twilight Guy' nowadays.... Makes me sick

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Khaiseri said:
From what book does it comes from?
The Crossroads series by Nick O'Donohoe (The Magic and the Healing, Under the Healing Sign, and The Healing of Crossroads). Basically the premise is veterinary medicine applied to mythological animals.