A Group of 270 Scientists, Doctors, etc. Submit Open Letter to Spotify Regarding Joe Rogan (JRE)

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I''ll be surprised if Spotify does anything at all. After all, Joe Rogan brings in subs, those doctors/scientists don't.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I''ll be surprised if Spotify does anything at all. After all, Joe Rogan brings in subs, those doctors/scientists don't.
Facts don't earn money

It was also funny when Joe Rogan got fact checked on his show and actually did his research

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not much is going to happen with Joe Rogan, if nothing happened before the last time. I don't like the douchebag and I'm surprised he still has some defenders on this website.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The article seems to suggest that the doctor's in this lawsuit have more problems with the guests that Joe had, rather than claims that Joe has made himself. Joe Rogan is a podcaster and interviewer and he has had numerous people on his show from all sorts of viewpoints. He usually attempts to hear them out even if they are saying shit he doesn't like or agree with. That is what makes a good podcast, and these doctors are stupid just like anyone who takes medical advice from a podcast.

It's just another cog in the propaganda machine. Don't say things we don't like or agree with or we will try to get you fucking fired.

Reactions: Ravinoff

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The article seems to suggest that the doctor's in this lawsuit have more problems with the guests that Joe had, rather than claims that Joe has made himself. Joe Rogan is a podcaster and interviewer and he has had numerous people on his show from all sorts of viewpoints. He usually attempts to hear them out even if they are saying shit he doesn't like or agree with. That is what makes a good podcast, and these doctors are stupid just like anyone who takes medical advice from a podcast.

It's just another cog in the propaganda machine. Don't say things we don't like or agree with or we will try to get you fucking fired.
Joe Rogan has heard those comments from his guests and then REPEATED them in other episodes.

So, it's got nothing to do with 'hearing people out.' He has way more influence than most people, including media companies, and he doesn't take that responsibly. He's influenced more people than Trump around vaccines and thus got more people killed. And he never fact check this stuff.

But hey, that's the doctor's problem right. Just like we can't ever look at the loudspeaker on Jan 6 last year because they never went in the building. So they did nothing wrong. We have to find someone else to blame. I know... doctors who are begging for people stop themselves getting Covid. There truly evil

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
He's influenced more people than Trump around vaccines and thus got more people killed. And he never fact check this stuff.
Speaking of fact checking, you got any proof of your claim here?
I know... doctors who are begging for people stop themselves getting Covid.
How do you stop from getting Covid? If you have the secret please share it with the world because it sure as shit aint the vaccine.

Joe Rogan has heard those comments from his guests and then REPEATED them in other episodes.
By the way he typically repeats things that guest tell him when in involves the conversation at hand. Like he'll be have a conversation about intermitant fasting and the guest will make a statement to which he may counter with a state like, "Well I had Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the show and she said blah blah blah." He isn't just saying shit just to be saying it, and he has been open to having his mind changed several times, when the current guest will come back at him with different or more recent data than an older guest he is quoting.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Get the vaccine.
It's not.

Two fully vaccinated people in my warehosue got covid. My father got covid after being vaccinated.

And with Omnicron, more and more vaccinated people are getting and passing the virus around.

It's not the vaccine, stop bullshiting yourself.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's not.

Two fully vaccinated people in my warehosue got covid. My father got covid after being vaccinated.

And with Omnicron, more and more vaccinated people are getting and passing the virus around.

It's not the vaccine, stop bullshiting yourself.
It's the vaccine.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, washing your hands, wearing masks, keeping away from people if you feel sick and avoiding large groups in general also help. And some of those aren't bad ideas even without the pandemic going on.
Haven't had the flu in two years, and I'm sure a lot of people who have followed these rules have experienced the same.
But yeah, the vaccine is obviously of enormous importance as well.
Getting my booster on the 28th.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Haven't had the flu in two years, and I'm sure a lot of people who have followed these rules have experienced the same.
Yep, same, though got flu shots as well. Didn't want to get covid and flu at the same time, which seemed a possibility at the start of things.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
"X isn't 100% effective, therefore it's not effective".

The rationale you're applying here applies to precisely nothing in life.
The point made was to stop covid. STOP doesn't mean roll through slowly, it means stop. The vaccine doesn't do that. I never made the argument that it was pointless, the point was that it wont prevent or STOP covid.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The point made was to stop covid. STOP doesn't mean roll through slowly, it means stop. The vaccine doesn't do that. I never made the argument that it was pointless, the point was that it wont prevent or STOP covid.
It would... if enough people took it, which can be achieved by curtailing most of the misinformation, and if third-world countries got proper access to it. The only thing stopping the vaccine from being more effective right now has nothing to do with the vaccine itself. The measles vaccine was very effective until Wakefield came along and cooked up a bunch of nonsense about the vaccine giving kids autism. Then it suddenly became less effective due to enough people no longer getting their kids vaccinated.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody in their right mind heard "prevent covid" and interpreted it as "immediately prevent covid from infecting anyone". Scientists and even politicians didn't claim it would completely stop the pandemic.

It prevents/stops a lot of people from catching it in circumstances when they otherwise would have caught it, or prevents/stops them exhibiting the more severe symptoms if they do catch it. That is entirely true.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You need about 90% or so of a population vaccinated (depending on the illness) to see the illness "eliminated." Probably higher with something like covid which is incredibly contagious. Since we aren't getting to that thresh hold then we are getting variants which can have a greater chance of slipping past a previous vaccination or natural immunity. We could 100% stop covid if we got everyone vaccinated over the course of like a month, but only would that logistically be very hard since it would require a world wide effort, but we also have the anti-vax dumb fucks who are ruining things for everyone else and have probably been brainwashed by the disease into becoming its minions and trying to spread it as much as possible to everyone.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Joe Rogan is cringe and anyone who gets medical advice from him and the cranks he sometimes has on is dangerously misguided.

This is why you don't do drugs, kids.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix