A heartfelt plea from Australia to America

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Miles000 said:
Nunny said:
AK47Marine said:
Dear residents of the land of Oz,

You lot have an entire continent and ocean filled with the world's widest variety of deadly plants, animals and god only knows what else.

Just throwing that out there.
Lucky for us, there isnt a land based creature that cant be defeated by a shoe or shovel.
Or a golf club, axe or whipper snipper.

Yea our dangerous animals are a bit of a push over head on. Just make sure you check your shoes in the morning. Seen some pretty scary things in my shoes.....
For a second there i thought i was popular, damn triple post :(

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
On the other hand, being a landscaper, I see some pretty dangerous things every day...and they all run away whenever they see you. They are all wimps!

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
AK47Marine said:
Dear residents of the land of Oz,

You lot have an entire continent and ocean filled with the world's widest variety of deadly plants, animals and god only knows what else.

Just throwing that out there.
We don't have any deadly plants! The worlds most poisonous snakes, jellyfish and spiders but I'm pretty sure no deadly plants. And besides..where's your sense of adventure?

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Miles000 said:
On the other hand, being a landscaper, I see some pretty dangerous things every day...and they all run away whenever they see you. They are all wimps!
Wimps or lazy Bastards, walked past one snake in the same spot twice in two days.

Yes.... he was alive, gave me a dirty look then went back to sun tanning.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Nunny said:
Miles000 said:
Wimps or lazy Bastards, walked past one snake in the same spot twice in two days.

Yes.... he was alive, gave me a dirty look then went back to sun tanning.
Had an 2.5m carpet python not move for a week. When we had to get it removed, we saw a cat sized bulge in its stomach. Wasn't our cat but it still was a bit worrisome.

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
My Ozzian friends it's not the animals that bother me, the US Govt paid a lot of money for me to be able to survive in insanely stupid and/or lethal environments and there's few critters that can scare mean between a boot, a stick and some fosters.

It's the potential I see here ladies and gentlemen, the opportunity that such creatures and... a certain american creature....

1 + 1 = ?

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
You mean her show's not off the air yet? Damn she sure is taking her sweet time with this "final season" BS.
psh the chicks getting her own channel now, i believe its replacing one of the lifetimes sooo it kinda balances out nicely

JenkinsTR

Dec 8, 2010
She probably shouldn't go scuba diving with sting rays... too soon? lol

Also to all you Americans who think all Aussies do is drive utes, drink Fosters, wear khaki vest and shorts and wrestle crocodiles for a hobby... get with the times lol.. Ok so the utes thing may be true for at least half of Aus, but the most popular beer here depends on what state your in, in NSW its mainly Tooheys or in QLD its XXXX... do not base preconceptions on a fictional 80s movie star who's role was created based on the stereotype itself... Australia is actually getting out of hand with immigrants (not that i have a problem with immigrants, but the volume of them coming into the country is disturbing)... So to say we are without culture is so far from the truth

OT: You don't have to worry about me ignoring Oprah, i am always cautious of a person who's majority fan base are middle aged feminist women who think all men are bastards :/

hadeze

Dec 25, 2009
Everything I know about Australia comes from listening to Yahtzee. So yea I can do that.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
It's funny, on the ninemsn website yesterday there was a poll about whether or not people cared about Oprah, 90% said they didn't give a fuck about her being here.
And that's 90% of the demographic that votes on Ninemsn polls.

She was payed to come here buy Tourism Australia to promote Australia as a tourist destination in America.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
What would she say about good old Aus anyway? I didn't even know who she was until she came down here. :p

mew1234321

Oct 15, 2009
cheshitescat said:
All I care to know about Australia I learned from Paul Hogan in Lightning Jack.
And that's all ANYONE needs to know.

In any case, yeah, Australia just lost all our credibility.

I swear, if she doesn't get mauled by a drop bear 15 minutes into her trip, I'll get over there and make fun of her knife, myself.

Where's Crocodile Dundee when you need him?

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
innocentEX said:
She told a local shop keeper to take black faced dolls off her shelves for when Oprah visits.....
thats just wrong, if you're going to visit Australia you visit Australia. If you don't like it and you change it to what you want, then you're not visiting Australia you are visiting your perception of Australia.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
TheRealCJ said:
This is a plea from me to you: For the next 2-3 weeks, just IGNORE EVERYTHING OPRAH WINFREY SAYS ABOUT AUSTRALIA, AND ANYTHING THAT MAY BE SAID ABOUT AUSTRALIA WITHIN PROXIMITY OF OPRAH WINFREY.
Not to worry, man. Almost no one actually takes her seriously anyway. Well, at least no one I know personally.