A Human Day

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
<youtube=qdbVu3xwx9U>
AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD she spends the rest of the war lying on her bed, singing a rock'n'roll version of "The Day The Teddy Bears Have Their Picnic."

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Unlike the others, I didn't feel a thing. Nor did it really affect or touch me in any way.

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
Ha! Renegade scars appearing right as she forces Thane to watch Blasto. Subtle humour is great.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Fappy said:
OT: Only problem I have with the portrayal of Shepard is that she appears... I don't know, a little too mouse-y. She doesn't really seem to me to display the rough edges that she does in the games. Maybe that's the point? Maybe you wanted her to appear more soft when she was around Thane and doing romantic stuff?

Either way, I enjoyed it. Another reminder that I miss Shepard, so thanks for that :p
Personally I can definitely see renegade shep letting her hair down every once in a while, while retaining the easy confidence.

Really good stuff overall =)

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
That was a good story. It took me a few seconds to remind myself that "it's not my Shepard." The going to the movies scene was funny. I think all Shepards would want to see Blasto on the big screen.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
The Wooster said:
I appreciate the focus on romance Shep doubting him/her self. I personally thought that was the best part of ME3. It completely turns the roles. Normally Shep is the one rock that others cling to, but they had it so all these people you invested time and effort into became your rock. You show weakness to your love interest and they comfort you. You show doubt to your bros and they reaffirm their total faith in you.

Shep's saving a seat for you in that bar Garrus. Stay classy, and take care of Tali for me.

Edit- Also, might just be me but but the feels are exponentially rustled when you read the comic while playing this...

3:17+ or just listen to it all...

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Do Drell even have reproductive organs like humans do?

Because if they're like the rest of their bodies, it may... hurt quite a bit.
well here's what mordin says if you romance him
When Mordin notices Shepard's attraction to Thane, Shepard can ask him for advice regarding the drell. Mordin will advise her that human-drell romances are complex, as there is a chance of a rash with some itching and that oral contact may induce hallucinations. He offers medicinal remedies and information regarding positions comfortable for both species and details of erogenous zones. He also comments that Thane himself is "complex."
so possibly
O.T. that was nice I enjoyed it

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Alek_the_Great said:
I can understand ONE dream sequence where Shepard is chasing the child, but multiple times of Shepard chasing a young child like a pedophile? Shepard's backstory can be RIPE with tragedy, but of course they had to go with the most cliched thing ever. There were a shitload of other options such as Shepard's possible squad on Akuze, the Virmire survivor like Carter said, Mordin if he died, Thane or Kirrahae, Legion, any of the people that died during the suicide squad, the possibilities are endless.
As the dreams go on anyone who has died up to that point appears as shadowy ghosts in the background. That last dream is a kick in the dick, showing everyone you couldn't save. I do understand why the child is the focal point though, children represent innocence, love, and life. Shep fixates on the kid because not only could he not save the kid, but Shep is coming to the realization that the reapers may, in fact, win. Thus destroying, or already destroyed, innocence, love, and life.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Hey, I'm ending my strong no posting streak (since 6/27/13) to compliment you guys.

I reconnected with the Universe of Mass Effect without feeling a jaded, "HOW DID YOU FUCK IT UP SO MUCH BIOWARE," gut reaction overpowering everything. This is honestly the first time I've been able to just enjoy a Mass Effect thing in a long time. Good job!

Mar 19, 2010
Meh Thane was the 2nd lamest guy (Jacob Taylor takes the 1st place) in the entire ME2 ensemble. Anyway the comic did not impress me much frankly i think ME would be a better series if they took the romance all of it out although it would still not stop lame fanfic such as this.

Mar 19, 2010
Alek_the_Great said:
Sarge034 said:
Alek_the_Great said:
I can understand ONE dream sequence where Shepard is chasing the child, but multiple times of Shepard chasing a young child like a pedophile? Shepard's backstory can be RIPE with tragedy, but of course they had to go with the most cliched thing ever. There were a shitload of other options such as Shepard's possible squad on Akuze, the Virmire survivor like Carter said, Mordin if he died, Thane or Kirrahae, Legion, any of the people that died during the suicide squad, the possibilities are endless.
As the dreams go on anyone who has died up to that point appears as shadowy ghosts in the background. That last dream is a kick in the dick, showing everyone you couldn't save. I do understand why the child is the focal point though, children represent innocence, love, and life. Shep fixates on the kid because not only could he not save the kid, but Shep is coming to the realization that the reapers may, in fact, win. Thus destroying, or already destroyed, innocence, love, and life.
That's even worse, all these far more traumatic and emotional experiences are playing second fiddle to some random ass kid that you barely had more than a minute of conversation with. I know what they were trying to do with the whole innocence thing, but it was just so cliched and pointless I didn't care for it. The point is, that kid did not DESERVE to be the focal point of anything. It was lazy and about as blunt as symbolism could be. Not only that, they were repetitive as fuck save the the aforementioned voices in the background. What really irked me was the lost potential of it all. These scenes could have had a lot of emotional weight to them and really hit home the emotional turmoil Shepard was having over those that he lost. But nope, just pedo Shepard chasing after a young boy. It also screwed over people whose Shepards were praticularly dick-ish. Playing as a ruthless and sadistic Renegade Shepard? Too bad, apparently he/she has enough sympathy for this kid he/she talked to for a few seconds over to give Shepard multiple nightmares and have the Catalyst choose that form over any of the others.
But, but....
You do not understand! That was only child in ME universe, without it the humanity is doomed you hear me dooooooooomed. Poor Timmy.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Alek_the_Great said:
That's even worse, all these far more traumatic and emotional experiences are playing second fiddle to some random ass kid that you barely had more than a minute of conversation with. I know what they were trying to do with the whole innocence thing, but it was just so cliched and pointless I didn't care for it. The point is, that kid did not DESERVE to be the focal point of anything. It was lazy and about as blunt as symbolism could be. Not only that, they were repetitive as fuck save the the aforementioned voices in the background. What really irked me was the lost potential of it all. These scenes could have had a lot of emotional weight to them and really hit home the emotional turmoil Shepard was having over those that he lost. But nope, just pedo Shepard chasing after a young boy. It also screwed over people whose Shepards were praticularly dick-ish. Playing as a ruthless and sadistic Renegade Shepard? Too bad, apparently he/she has enough sympathy for this kid he/she talked to for a few seconds over to give Shepard multiple nightmares and have the Catalyst choose that form over any of the others.
Can anything really be more traumatic than the realization that you will probably fail to save all life in the galaxy? Both paragon and renegade Sheps were working to save the universe so the admission that they will probably fail would affect them in similar ways. Shep basically got PTSD. So I would go on to argue that while Shep mourns those (s)he lost the turmoil is the impending destruction that you can't stop, but everyone sees it a bit differently.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I must also open up with a comment on my partner's breasts and their elasticity henceforth, as it seemed to work out for him.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Whatever this is and wherever it came from, is really good. It's well drawn, carefully worded and thought provoking. I don't really know how to judge this sort of thing but Thane's character here is nailed so well I found it compelling. You guys really did the material justice. It's also sweet to see the lighter side of Shepard in the company of her love interest.

I wish for a happier ending though. I'm not against sad endings but I saw this in the morning and it brought me down all day. I should say well done, then.

I'd ask for more of these but it seems time consuming. Plus it might just be that I'm a sucker for decent romance arcs in games and few I've played come close to Mass Effect's available relationships.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Unlike quite a few people in this thread, I loved this depiction of Shepard. I can relate to the need to act childish and carefree in your private time while being pressed by events that are grueling and soul-crushing. Yes, she's a hardarse, and judging by her skin, at least a little bit Renegade, but when the suit is off and she's out of the ship, she gets to relax and just enjoy herself for a bit without the need to be strong for everyone else. It's funny how people complain about one-note characters, but when faced with the possibility of a multifaceted interpretation of a character, they complain it's not consistent...

Great comic. Doesn't quite have the same impact as Blue Rose of Illium (that one still makes me tear up), but I don't think that was the intention. ME franchise needs more of this and less CoD...