A Message to Those Unhappy With DmC

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I would like to share a quick word with anyone dissatisfied with the way the upcoming Devil may Cry is turning out. Normally when people are dissatisfied with something in this market, they talk about a boycott and nothing ever really comes of it. What I propose is NOT a boycott, but a redirection instead. On the launch day of DmC, if you are of the mind that the title is not something you would like to see more of, I say we should buy the Devil May Cry HD Collection instead. It would send a clear message to Capcom what will and what will not sell and the direction they need to take. Of course, this will only work if the numbers back it up. So spread the word if you support the idea. Otherwise, thank you for your time.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I think you should advise people who already own the games...
Ryotknife said:
.....but i already own those games.
... like this fellow, to simply not buy the new one. Though if someone really doesn't like the new direction of DmC, one would assume they weren't planning to buy the new game anyways.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Personally, I'm looking forward to DmC. I think it looks just fine; who cares what Dante looks like or what shade of red his cape is. There is a potential for failure due to it having a new developer, but they also could really knock this one out of the park.

P.S. (This game will get meta-critic bombed the first day of release, I'm already calling it)

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I really love when people post that image of why DmC will suck and I am all like "Yeah... But nothing of this shit means anything until you play the fucking game."

So I will wait, I will buy, I will play, I will decide if is good or not and to be fair I am even a little excited about it, I kinda like that "They Live!" feel that Ninja Theory gave it.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I honestly don't care what Dante looks like. Its mostly the way the gameplay looks, the story and just the overall tone the developers have taken towards the customer base that has put me personally off this game. I could go into detail, but that's not what this is about.

Chances are, most people have already decided what their stance on this game is. This is for those of us who do not want it to succeed, but still want Devil May Cry to exist. Unfortunately, if sales for DmC are poor, chances are that Devil May Cry will just be dropped entirely. Alternatively, if the influx of sales were to be redirected to the HD Collection, then there's a chance Capcom will keep DMC alive even if DmC fails.

I'm not trying to ask the people who are OK with DmC to do this. Buy DmC. I hope its enjoyable for you. I'm asking the people that are still opposed to it to actually do something that might have a positive outcome, rather than a purely negative one.

Again, thank you for your time.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well the people who are upset are the people who love DMC and already have all the games, so for them boycott really is the best thing.
And your standard consumer drone will just buy all the new shit regardless of quality.

Edit: But if you are feeling really activist about it then the best you can do is write them an email why they lost a sale with you.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Wait it's not out yet?! I thought it was already out since last year... I just thought nobody cared about it.

Anyway, I doubt that silly stunt would work, it has been tried before [small](With Soinc 4 I believe)[/small], anyway I doubt it would work, not to mention I have nothing to play DmC HD on, so I'll just carry on and not buy it mostly because I don't have something to play it on and even if I did, I'd probably have more interesting stuff to buy given that I need to catch up.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I don't think I care enough about Dante's hair color to boycott or not buy the game. I'm sorry all of those that complained about the hair color, but please grow up. I know that you were used to it a certain way, but understand that change is a part of life. accept it and move on.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Any word over whether the new game will have more than one attack button? That single handedly destroyed my interest in DMC HD.

That and the hilariously generic and uninteresting enemy design XP

And the diificulty is wayyyyyyyyyyy up there, why does Easy Mode also force Automatic Mode on? It's not fun when i'm only mashing Y and Dante's just infinite comboing all over the place.

DMC3 has that style system I suppose, not that I got far enough to actually see how good it was. Though I have no idea which difficulty I set it to. I got stuck on the boss fight in the first level. Who calls their difficulty settings Yellow and Gold with no explaination as to which is normal? At least I assume they were difficulty settings...

Oh and the Bayonetta soundtrack just came up on my music shuffle... What a funny coincidence XD

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Shawn MacDonald said:
Forget about the dumbass boycott and play the game. Of course once you play it, then make a judgement call. Really think you need to give something a chance, not hate it for changing your precious little Dante who will probably turn into the one you know and love as the game progresses.
Okay, that makes no sense... if you play the game, you've payed for it. The people who fund these games will only see this, not your opinion that follows.

I would recommend waiting until the reviews get out before deciding, and deciding on what to do then. Of course that would mean some folk will have to live without their collectors edition and pre-order bonuses.

OP: Personally I don't see whats wrong with DMC. If one thing is for certain, Dante has no standard character... each game depicts a different type of Dante:

DMC1: Dante is a generic badass with a rogue like sense of humour.

DMC2: Dante is a dry shite flat-as-a-pancake personality.

DMC3: Hyper Active, nails on chalkboard personality.

Never played DMC4.

Personally I can't see the beef with the current design. If I can still juggle a variety of uglies with a combination of blades and ballistics then that will be good for me.

Dec 14, 2009
We need Human May Cry.

You play as Vergil instead.

Because Vergil is better.

OT: DMC has always been about the gameplay, everything else is just a tacked on extra. If the gameplay is good in the new DMC, then it's a good DMC game.

Seriously, with the way some DMC fans harp on, you'd think the series was reknowned for brilliant storytelling...

[sub]It isn't.[/sub]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Since what i care about in DMC games, including DmC, is the gameplay, thats what im going to base my judgement on.

And the latest stuff ive seen for DmC would put it ahead of DMC2 at the very least.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
The HD collection is overpriced, 40 bucks for 2 good games or 5-10 bucks for 1 and 3 on PS2.

It's just better to not buy DMC, I'm pretty sure someone there at capcom must already be thinking there's a lot going wrong with their policies and other such things.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Problem is, it requires even more organisation and effort to do what the OP proposes than a boycott. And boycotts fail all the time when all people have to do is not buy the game. If large numbers of people can't do nothing properly, doing something is a long way off.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Zeromaeus said:
I would like to share a quick word with anyone dissatisfied with the way the upcoming Devil may Cry is turning out. Normally when people are dissatisfied with something in this market, they talk about a boycott and nothing ever really comes of it. What I propose is NOT a boycott, but a redirection instead. On the launch day of DmC, if you are of the mind that the title is not something you would like to see more of, I say we should buy the Devil May Cry HD Collection instead. It would send a clear message to Capcom what will and what will not sell and the direction they need to take. Of course, this will only work if the numbers back it up. So spread the word if you support the idea. Otherwise, thank you for your time.
...But that'd still be supporting Capcom.