A Pair of Harry Potter Quizzes!

Marmalade

Mar 23, 2009
Abedeus said:
Marmalade said:
Abedeus said:
Marmalade said:
Was this supposed to be hard?
Try answering at least 1/3 of those questions without reading the original, English version.

Had to repeat the Impossible quiz 4 times because of that "Howler to Petunia" question.
I've only read the swedish verison.
Do your translation guys also have a passionate loving instincts towards translating every single name except for Nimbus into "the superior" language of their choice?

And maybe except for Longbottoms, kinda hard to pass a teen rating with a translation.
I don't think so but I'm not sure.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
10/10 first try and 9th place on Normal.
10/10 first try and 4th place on Impossible.

Probably helps that I am currently re-reading the series.

Veret

Apr 1, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Clearly, we must up our Impossible game. We shall meet back here some time in the future, my friends, and ye shall be tested most mightily. Oh, yes. Ye shall weep at the impossibleness of our next Potter quiz!

(Seriously, I am totally in awe of you guys. This Impossible quiz was really, really hard!)
You underestimate the power of the dark side obsessive Potter fans! I honestly feel like I could handle any question short of "on what page of the UK paperback version of Goblet of Fire is the following line spoken..."

So I'm counting on you to make me eat those words. NEW QUIZ GO GO GO.

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
Those were some pretty obscure questions on the Impossible quiz. Props to the gurdyroot and Weasley Wizarding Wheezes questions, those actually made me pause and think to recall the answer.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Oh my! 80% on the impossible quiz on the first try. i'm suprised, since it was like 2 years since I last read the books.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Either the impossible quiz wasn't that impossible or I remembered far, far too much of the Harry Potter universe.

EDIT: 100% first time on impossible. 90% on normal. Not much difference in the questions to be honest.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Got 100% on Normal first shot, the impossible one took me three tries. But I have succeeded. Yay.

guyy

Mar 6, 2008
Took 2 tries to get 100% on Impossible...actually though I don't know how that happened, because I got 8/10 the first time, and I thought I only changed one answer. Magical shenanigans?

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
My sister did these for me, she's read some of the books more than once but that's in Swedish (these quizzes were horribly racist O_O).

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I finished the impossible quiz but it didn't give me my score or time? Or ranking?

Edit: It's fine now. Just had to reload the page.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
guyy said:
Took 2 tries to get 100% on Impossible...actually though I don't know how that happened, because I got 8/10 the first time, and I thought I only changed one answer. Magical shenanigans?
It took me four tries. All because I don't like Order of the Phoenix enough to be bothered remembering a certain detail.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
90 percent on first try on the normal one because I misunderstood the Quidditch question and 100 on second try. 70 percent on impossible on first try. Good enough for me.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Hmm... one of the choices for malfoys cronies are the two volkners that Talon Karde has in the Heir to the Empire, star wars book series.
maybe.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Gah, 90% on both first try. Got the number of signatures wrong in the impossible quiz (got it right second time) and in the normal quiz I knew I'd chosen the wrong bit of furniture as soon as I hit next.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Amazing, the first quiz I've been able to ace... I knew all those years of reading and re reading Harry Potter would pay off...