A question for Girl gamers

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
Okay, so we all know the the reactions girls have to go through whenever they reveal thier female status in online games, usually ranging from OMG, to being told to make sammiches. But occasionally I have to listen to some poor guy genuinely attempt to hit on a girl via Xboxlive.

So my question is this, have you ever encountered a guy who sounded genuinely attractive (Mentally, emotionally) playing online video games? And perhaps you could share what they said as tips for the less smooth gamer, looking for love in, probably, the worst place possible.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
rancher of monsters said:
Okay, so we all know the the reactions girls have to go through whenever they reveal thier female status in online games, usually ranging from OMG, to being told to make sammiches. But occasionally I have to listen to some poor guy genuinely attempt to hit on a girl via Xboxlive.

So my question is this, have you ever encountered a guy who sounded genuinely attractive (Mentally, emotionally) playing online video games? And perhaps you could share what they said as tips for the less smooth gamer, looking for love in, probably, the worst place possible.
Look elsewhere for love. The internet should be a last resort. Even if something did happen, trying to meet up with that person is nearly impossible to make happen. Especially with lack of funding on both ends.

Talk to girls at school. Its much easier.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
rancher of monsters said:
I found my husband on Everquest 2.

There's no 100% guaranteed winning formula for pulling girls- oddly enough, we're all different :p

The best thing is to be yourself- find someone with similar interests and humour to you and go from there. If you start chatting to a girl and you have nothing in common, forget about it- you were in the game, it was good experience, so all good.

Also, if you don't know what to say to women, try the classic "tell me more about yourself/subject you just raised" line. It takes the pressure off you to say just the right thing and makes you seem interested in her :)

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
What was that Jay Leno joke?

"Turns out 1 out of 5 relationships from the internet turn to marriage. The other four are missing and presumed dead."

I think I got that as accurate as I could and even if I didn't the end result remains the same: The internet is not a friendly place for love to prosper. In fact, if love was a protest rally in a third world country the internet would be the riot guards throwing tear gas at it and getting ready to beat the living shit out of it.

Audun Maatje

Jun 27, 2010
My gf thinks I'm hot. We play WoW together.

:D

Nah... the best thing to do, I guess is... Just sound normal? Don't really emphasize on her being a girl, and be friends :3

clockout

Jun 7, 2010
I've played with some guy who was constantly hitting on this girl on our team, I felt rather sorry for her. He was getting to the point where is was just sad, and creepy.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Clarifying: Anyone you meet online who is more then 50 miles away and mentions a webcam or starts sending alot of messages wanting to be your best friend should not be trusted. There are plenty of normal guys online who aren't boob-craving turds.

In fact that also applies to people within 50 miles, I'm just saying the farther away they are the less likely any sort of meaningful relationship will come from it.

TheOtter

Ottertastic!
Feb 5, 2010
My partner and I met in city of heroes. Our respective towns aren't accepting of gays so being able to find and date via a world that doesn't judge us as child corrupting lesbians was nice. Now as for the guys I've encountered, they seem to be far more interested in my biology rather than my personality. Remember my eyes are up here..

As for online dating, don't put all your eggs in that basket but never write it off. Just keep looking for people who actually live near you. Moving cross country wasn't fun...

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
Wutaiflea said:
Also, if you don't know what to say to women, try the classic "tell me more about yourself/subject you just raised" line. It takes the pressure off you to say just the right thing and makes you seem interested in her :)
As a guy who's friends with a lot of girl gamers, I vote this.

Most girl gamers I know won't start a conversation with a stranger who knows they're a girl, unless some variation on this theme happens.

Beyond that, you'd need to meet them through a clan or a mutual friend or something. In which case, you're better off meeting them in person rather than just in game.

Once you're past the initial meeting stage though, be yourself, and don't push for love. That goes for offline and online. If you're obviously after a relationship and nothing else, you'll either look desperate or a misogynist. Aim for friendship, anything else that happens should just be an extension of that anyway, if you're doing it right.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I just wouldn't really bother with it to be honest. If someone is interested in you on there...be very skeptical, but if you're desperate...you're desperate. Just don't be a creeper.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I'm a man, but I think video games are simplya bad place to meet. FPS and voice chat are the worst. However, I'm in a guild in WOW and we're all very close (someone in the guild must know you from outside WOW to invite you, and they have to know you are who you say you are, so like, they've cammed on several occasions and know you're not a 50 year old pot bellied creeper).

We're all rather close and pass sexual comments all the time, the men hit on men, wemen hit on women, and ofcourse you have the hetero-sexual comments. I got rather close to one girl in the guild and we sort of hit it off. We flirted for a long time and sort of tried something. It failed after a while, we accepted it, and it didn't make anything awkward in guild.

Sometimes it works, but you need to actually get along with the person. It seems more successful if it's in an MMORPG than over voice chat in an FPS. lso helps if you actually hang out and don't just run up to a girl and say "OMG Sh0w mE joor titezzzzzzz!!!!1111!1!1"

MissPixxie

Mar 15, 2010
Its better that she loves you for who you are, not for who you try to be. Be you =]

I met my boyfriend on here, there is nothing wrong with someone who gets your passion for gaming, I think if you can meet someone online, go for it!

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Having met four girls online, two of which were from Everquest, I don't think I would do it again.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
I chat to a few guys on Steam chat who are really nice, we'll chat about loads of stuff (gaming and non-gaming related) and I think are very charming and lovely.

The rest of my friends list on the other hand...

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I don't see any difference between gamers and don't ever pay attention to the fact they are the opposite gender.

oh wait, this thread was a question about girl gamers? sorry my mistake...

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Wow...this just reminds me of a terrible instance when I was playing a FPS with online multiplayer. I usually pick a female character model, if only for the fact that the hit box is slightly smaller (most of the time). So I got to playing, and felt like being random.

Off I went to find an infection game, and when I turned into a zombie, I started calling out for "hugs" (infecting the other players) through the text chat. Once one of the players saw I was using a female character, he suddenly started seeking me out to get infected. I'm serious. He would chase me down just to get a virtual hug from someone he thought was female. This kept up for nearly 20 matches before I got bored of the desperation and left. Sad.

Oh, and I'm a guy. So there's that.