A question for non-Americans!

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i thought the superbowl already happened but anyway.

i have only ever watch like 15 mins of a superbowl game in my life and do you know what, that 15 mins of the game took nearly a freaking hour for then to play with all the time outs and crap.

If all games are like that i dont know why it is even slightly popular.

I dont really watch sports that much but i would prefer to watch any thing else other than american football. Its too slow with all those plays and stuff.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I just finished work, and it was on TV, watched the opening ceremony, someone from Glee just sang America the Beautiful, and then Christina Aguilera sang the anthem, after that I stopped watching.

onikage567

Sep 17, 2008
I was actually really interested in watching it but it goes on til 4am. that is just too long.

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
No, the ony thing i know of the Steelers is in their Easter egg in Fallout 3, besides, im not really a sports person

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
Nimbus said:
I'll respond with a question: Are YOU watching the Hurling final?
actually yes, but i'm from ulster so my opinion is invalid.
I have no interest in the mysteriously-named football, to which foot has so little infolvement it would be the equivalent of calling soccer handball because you do throw-ins, so no. But I know for a fact some of my class-mates are staying up for it.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
No, do you watch the state of origin? I Know what it is, but i think, why watch sports that arent even in my country (other than olympics)... I support Australians not americans.... (Sorry, but my country comes first for me)

Soullegend

Oct 29, 2008
no way hoosay - american football is no different to rugby - wait what am i saying american football is very different to rugby.

The name for a kickoff is pretty poor and when it boils down to it, its no more violent than rugby, less interesting than rugby mainly because the players spend more time standing around doing sod all than playing and finally all the players are pretty boys who couldnt last a moment in a game of rugby.

Zizzousa

Nov 30, 2010
Tried to watch it a little, but seriously, WHY DO THEY KEEP STOPPING? I think they've spent more time paused than actually doing anything. The only thing that's better about this than the Six Nations is that Scotland can't possibly lose this one.

Vouk

Feb 4, 2011
I'm Austrian and I don't care for most sports.
But somehow football really entertains me. Don't know why!
And yes, I'm watching the Superbowl right now.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I have no intention on watching the Super Bowl. It perplexes me how something that only takes place in one country can be called a 'national' event...

Not my cuppa tea ^^

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
No. The closest I've come to an interest in Gridiron is playing PnP Blood Bowl as a kid. That got boring pretty quickly but we felt sorry for the guy who bought the books.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
maybe if the super bowl was a real sport. like one that was played and finished in under 3 hours and the players werent covered in wussy armour from head to toe it might be worth watching

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Living in London, not watching the superbowl.

I normally watch a couple of NFL games a month, but I've never shown any interest in superbowls.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
The american game is boring compared to the Canadian game. I watch the grey cup.

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
Honestly... No. I just don't care as such. I don't even care about the general sports in my own country. I'll watch the big events for hockey or football(as in soccer to you), or even handball if I feel like it.
But basically... I don't care about sports in any major way. At all. So... Super Bowl... Sorry, falls way off my radar.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
No. I don't even know who's playing. Or how the game is played, or what they're playing for, or when it's on.

I'm much more interested in the Rugby.