A question for non-Americans!

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
Watched it, enjoyed it, but then I'm relatively open-minded to sports from other countries. It helps that I'm not impressed by fat man hugging each other to the ground and shoving their fingers up each others arseholes I suspect, as if I did enjoy rugby I think they would be too similar for me to enjoy. Handegg was fun last night.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Calcium said:
7moreDead said:
The BBC seem to be pushing the SB for some reason - I myself prefer rugby (go go six nations!).
I remember the commentators said hello to the American viewers midway through the Scotland-France rugby match (cheekily adding they were "probably perplexed by the lack of shoulder pads"). Perhaps there's some deal to show rugby in America and the super bowl here.

I won't be watching though, I'm not interested in sports. Only watched the Scotland game as it's the national team, and a friend on Xbox was shouting "OMG you failures!".
I heard that.

In the United States, some of the premium television packages include BBC America. That's where I watched it.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Well I did watch it. Although, being that I had to get up at 7, I regretted it. To be honest once I started to understand it I began to enjoy it a litte. I still don't think its very entertaining though because for me the games stops too much. The programme was on for 5 hours and the game only goes on for 60 minutes >.<

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Phoenix09215 said:
Well I did watch it. Although, being that I had to get up at 7, I regretted it. To be honest once I started to understand it I began to enjoy it a litte. I still don't think its very entertaining though because for me the games stops too much. The programme was on for 5 hours and the game only goes on for 60 minutes >.<
The Super Bowl is much much longer than a regular game. They show people who sing God Bless America and our national anthem, and the halftime show, and the trophy ceremony and all that. Normally, the program starts a few minutes before game time and ends just a few seconds after, and you don't see any of that other stuff. Usually clocks in at about half as much time.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
I'm really not interested. Contact sports aren't my thing and I'd rather play sports than watch them. The only exception is the FIFA World cup, and even then I only watch when The Netherlands play.

Fragged_Templar

Mar 18, 2008
Nope, I really couldn't care any less... then again unless its the Olympics I don't really follow any sporting events.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
No, I don't even know which sport it is. Is it baseball or football?

KLJT

Sep 15, 2010
Na Rugby just makes it pointless in the UK and it's on until 3am on a sunday so going to work would be a much harder time and no one would care about the superbowl

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
They re-broadcast it here in Japan, mainly for the American community (like myself) who watch it. Japan actually does have its own football league and some high schools and universities have teams, but none are well-known at all. They don't air the pro league's games on TV. I only knew about it from seeing scores on a newspaper's website. I didn't watch it this year because I already saw the score and being a Minnesota Vikings fan, I really had no desire whatsoever to watch my mortal enemies claim the title. Just reading the US sports magazine websites this season, I had to put up with sportswriters going stupid in their love for the Packers and hatred of the Vikings this year already.

So having a league and all, there's a bit of a following for the sport here in Japan, but rugby is definitely more popular here too. I do know a few Japanese people who follow the NFL, but there is a big emphasis on the FEW. Though no other sport here besides sumo (if only for the tradition) can hold a candle to baseball's popularity here. Japan's league's spring training is all over the sports headlines. I'm a big fan of baseball in the US and I actually want to follow the Japan pro baseball league more closely here.

Meanmoose

Jan 20, 2009
I would have watched it if it wasn't in the middle of the night^^ I was glad to hear the packers won. I allways root for the underdog.

Cross crountry skiing is the sport I care the most for. It's sort of the national sport in Norway.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Doubt it. Maybe if I find some foreign channel doing live TV coverage, but with quality of TV these days that's a long shot.