A question for the Escapists in the UK/Ireland

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
One of my professors is from Northern Ireland and the other day we somehow got off topic and started talking about candy. She kept talking about this candy bar called a Crunchie (i think that is how you spell it). Now the question is what does it taste like? I think she said something about a honeycomb, but i didnt know if she was refering to the breakfast ceral or an actual honey comb.

MattW456

Aug 22, 2009
It's basically similar to a Kit Kat Chunky but rather than having a biscuit inside it's basically got crispy honey. They're pretty tasty.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Honeycomb is, I think, solidified honey. Not too sure though.

As for the bar, it's honeycomb wrapped in chocolate. If you like honeycomb, you'll like it. If you don't (like me) you buy something else instead.

Dec 14, 2009
Honeycomb is basically melted sugar with bicarbonate of soda, when it soldifies you get this nice, light, crunchy stuff.

It's very tasty and can be covered in chocolate (like a crunchy).

Eifla

Aug 23, 2010
Crunchies are delicious! Veeeery sweet though...... Yeah a kinda honeycomb knitted together kinda thing, wrapped in a thin layer of chocolate.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
If you've ever had a Yorkie Honeycomb (which was then discontinued, boooo!) they're very similar but with more of a honeycomb to chocolate ratio.

I love crunchies. I always get that Friday feeling, especially on a Monday, Tuesday, a Wednesday, perhaps on a Thursday, definitely Friday...

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
They are good, it's an exactly what it says on the tin sort of describing how you eat it. i.e. its crunchy. The other posts describe it more accurately. All I can say is that they taste great.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
http://www.chocolatemission.net/2008/01/january-11th-cadburys-crunchie.html

All you ever wanted to know (or something).

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Oh, I didn't know they were unique to our little landmass. Anyway, they're... indescribable. Get a friend to send one over to you!

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
Ouch, she's from Northern Ireland? How on earth can you stand our accent?! As others have said, its honeycomb wrapped in a thin layer of milk chocolate.

And it defies the laws of space and time.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Very light and crisp in the middle, with a thin chocolate coating. Bit too sweet for me, I'm a Bounty guy.