A question to women

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Batou667 said:
Marmooset said:
You've got a point. She looks kinda awful either way.
Literally millions of men (and women) would disagree with you, but you're entitled to your opinion.
eh, i kinda agree with marmooset; she's kinda at the point where they seem too big,

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
Only time I knew some guy was looking at my chest was when I was wearing a baggy shirt (due to lack of giving a shit and taking the first thing I saw in my drawer). He decided to tell me he could see my cleavage. I just told him I didn't care.

Although I can't see why a woman should get pissed if a guy takes a glance or two. I'll be honest, I often glance at guy's crotches, so it would be kind of hypocritical of me.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
I do, and the amount of cleavage makes no freaking difference it seems. I have several T-shirts dedicated to discouraging oggling - "I KNOW it only takes 8 seconds to read this" and the like.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:
Screamarie said:
Tselis said:
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
double (or triple) D .
My C cup feels inadequate now.

OP: Yeah, we notice. I don't really mind because it's not something that's ever going to stop. By this I mean quick glances, not all out staring, that's really creepy.
Trust me, your C cup is just fine. Honestly once you get into the D's they end up being a pain in the chest. They get in the way, they're a ***** to carry around, and it is actualy possible to slap yourself in the face with 'em, hasn't happened to me just yet, but I've seen it.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Of course they notice. When they decide to wear a shirt that reveals cleavage, they do so with the absolute certainty that guys will be staring at their chest.

FoxVI

Nov 28, 2010
Well, of course I notice when people in front of me glance briefly at my chest, but as long as it is for no more than a second I'm not bothered, given that this move is partly involuntary. Also, women often deliberately enhance their cleavage to draw the eye, because a stranger's gaze makes us feel attractive-- besides, we women know that often men must first find us desirable in order to respect and collaborate with us. This social phenomenon is, I hope, dwindling in power and frequency, and I look forward to the day when ugly women have no more to fear in the way of cruelty and indifference than ugly men.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Oh, I know girls notice.
I also know that guys (I) do it without being aware of it.

I still maintain that during the event which led to the tag, I never once consciously looked at her breasts. However, there were multiple witnesses present who had already spent a few minutes sniggering to themselves after they noticed my apparently periodical glances before telling me what they were laughing about.
[sub]I'm not a victim of cyber-bullying or anything. The tag was in good fun, and the girl in question took the attention as a compliment.[/sub]

OT:
tthor said:
Batou667 said:
Marmooset said:
You've got a point. She looks kinda awful either way.
Literally millions of men (and women) would disagree with you, but you're entitled to your opinion.
eh, i kinda agree with marmooset; she's kinda at the point where they seem too big,
I second this motion.
Those breasts have passed the "attractive area" on the breast size scale.
I can like anything from completely flat to a D-cup, but that woman has passed the point where the size of her breasts makes her less attractive.

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
I've had very, very few people look at my breasts, they're rather small. But I don't notice many men actively looking at the breasts of my female friends either. It may be in part due to the fact that my college has a large number of nudists, and non-romantic nakedness stops being a thing after about two weeks. Talking to my male friends, they seem to passively notice breasts, but not actively stare or ogle very often (unless corsets are involved). That said, people whose breasts are larger than their heads still get quite a lot of stares.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
I happen to notice it a lot, despite the fact that i'm cold as hell to most people, and i tend to keep very covered up.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
buhee said:
ajemas said:
I would imagine that they notice, and are just trying to get attention. My experience is very limited, of course, but they seem like those guys that have huge mowhawks, daring people to stare at them. Then again, others seem to genuinely like the attention, be it positive or negative.
Comparing a hair style choice to things that grow on our chests that we have no control over...nice.

We're not flaunting our cleavage if we happen to have some showing, (well at least i'm not, and I know I don't speak for everyone) and we're certainly not saying 'hey look, I have boobs, STARE AT THEM! GIVE ME ATTENTION'.

I notice when guys stare, and I don't like it.
Still, I'm not as bad as a friend of mine. Right through school she got stared at, even in some cases by the teachers (which was outright disgusting) she absolutely hated it and she contemplated having them surgically reduced. She would get girls making catty comments about how they must be fake and guys shamelessly just oggling her. But its ok, because she's asking for the attention by having big boobs?
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to insult anybody. While it is true that you have no control over your anatomical characteristics, you do have control over how you present them. If you do not want people to stare, why would you wear clothing that reveals your cleavage? It seems fairly simple to me, as a male, that the easiest way to stop people from staring would be to just wear a normal shirt.

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
ajemas said:
If you do not want people to stare, why would you wear clothing that reveals your cleavage? It seems fairly simple to me, as a male, that the easiest way to stop people from staring would be to just wear a normal shirt.
Because wanting to look nice probably shouldn't come at the price of having people stare at you.

I don't agree with the "they chose to expose" sentiment - if you're large up top then high necklines can make you look incredibly boxxy. I tend towards lower cut tops because I look bad in high cut ones, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm angling for an ogling.

To OP, yes I notice, I also notice when women do it (presumably it's the same thing as a guy having a quick peek out of curiousity at the urinals? I dunno). It's cool as long as they're not staring, or keep letting their eyes flick downwards.

buhee

Jul 6, 2010
brownstudies said:
ajemas said:
If you do not want people to stare, why would you wear clothing that reveals your cleavage? It seems fairly simple to me, as a male, that the easiest way to stop people from staring would be to just wear a normal shirt.
Because wanting to look nice probably shouldn't come at the price of having people stare at you.

I don't agree with the "they chose to expose" sentiment - if you're large up top then high necklines can make you look incredibly boxxy. I tend towards lower cut tops because I look bad in high cut ones, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm angling for an ogling.
That pretty much how i was going to reply.

I don't dress to reveal myself. The fact is, if i was to conceal my boobs from view, i would have to wear a male cut, very baggy t-shirt that is several sizes too big, at all times. As for my friend, she would would have to wear obease peoples clothing. Not to mention, in school she had no choice over what she could wear (due to school uniform), so its not like she was revealing herself on purpose.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
AngelBlackChaos said:
I happen to notice it a lot, despite the fact that i'm cold as hell to most people, and i tend to keep very covered up.
I'm going out on a limb, but being cold to some guys is like telling a kid to not try to find out what his presents are: they're both going to try and figure out the mystery, and a few even manage it.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Yes they notice, whether they're offended depends on many factors, the kind of stare and the person staring. Apply same rules for dudes XD

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
EeveeElectro said:
Well... I have an ugly face and my boobs aren't exactly huge but I can't complain.
... what?! Rubbish! I've seen your pic(s), I think you're quite cute actually (if it's any consolation)! :)

xXxJessicaxXx said:
Nothing wrong with my self esteem. Men just dont like me for some reason. That's not my fault.
In that case, you really need to find new male acquaintances... but, unless the men around you are entirely composed of blood relations, gays and douchebags just looking for temporary arm candy/a quick shag, I find that a little difficult to believe... :S ... my apologies...

OT: Two of the girls at the lab I used to work at were pretty well endowed (DD+ in all likelihood) so it was kinda hard not to notice them. One of them was also quite short to add to it (5'1", or thereabouts, and she was had the larger bust), and the only way for them to be less noticeable was to put on a massive hoodie and hunch forwards. The fact that she was married didn't make a bit of difference. Everyone noticed them, including me (and no small number of the other girls), but why didn't she complain? Because we had this little thing called 'tact'.

Sure, they'll notice a glance, and will appreciate it if they think it's of the 'admiring' sort. A dramatic double-take might even evoke a grin, but for crying out loud, don't have the eyes-glued-to-tits look... you really are asking to be slapped if you do.

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
axlryder said:
Just because a woman might chastise you doesn't mean she's really all that justified in doing so. I'm saying that if a woman does that then the man should chastise her right back, as I think she was in the wrong for wearing that top if she wanted to avoided extended stares. Also, nothing in biology dictates that woman need to dress like hussies. Of course biology does dictate that men are sexual creatures and often desire sex. To simply look at the object of their desire when it's displayed before them hardly merits retribution from the one intentionally displaying said objects. If a woman wants a man to respect her than she should do her part in not looking like she WANTS men to objectify her. I dislike how you're alleviating woman of all the responsibility here, saying they should be able to dress how they want but men should respect them by only looking at her cleavage in glances. That is ridiculous, as these shirts are LITERALLY designed to attract men's attention. Of course, again, I don't condone that behavior, as I think people should exercise more self control and not objectify woman in the first place. However, that's not relevant to what we're talking about.
Because one's a positive and one's a negative! Women dressing the way they want gives men a positive feeling (look, boobies), whereas men staring like creeps give women a negative feeling. Of course I have more problems with the second than with the first!

Also, biology does dictate that for women to a certain extent. Their body evolved as a sexually signaling device.

ajemas said:
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to insult anybody. While it is true that you have no control over your anatomical characteristics, you do have control over how you present them. If you do not want people to stare, why would you wear clothing that reveals your cleavage? It seems fairly simple to me, as a male, that the easiest way to stop people from staring would be to just wear a normal shirt.
The easiest way to not get hit by a car is to never cross the street. But living without crossing the street is silly, and we cross the street for other reasons than getting hit by a car in the first place. Staring is an unwanted side-effect of cleavage, and there's no reason to stop it just for that.

Tigerlily Warrior

Jan 22, 2010
GamerKT said:
Oh, they know. And, if they complain, they're bullshit.

You chose
To expose
You have no idea what you are talking about. I developed early and faced 4 choices:

1) cover yourself up and don't tuck your shirt in, which adds about 50 lbs and makes everyone think you're fat.
2) wear normal, form-fitting clothes, be oogled constantly and have jerks like you think whatever sexualized attention we get we deserve because OBVIOUSLY any girls with large breasts must be dumb whores.
3) bind your breasts everyday (opposite to stuffing a bra), which can get painful after a few hours.
4) get breast reduction surgery so you can wear normal, form-fitting clothes and occationally be oogled.
5) figure, people treat me like a whore, might as well be one.

When I was 18, first year in college, I was pumping gas and flirting with a guy that was in a faternity. I paid for my gas and walked back to the car, he was still there. I had such a negative experience in Jr High -age 13- (due to choice 2) that I didn't date much in high school (due to choice 1). I was excited because I thought he was going to ask me out.

Then he leaned in and told me the most filty, disgusting, hedonistic things he wanted to do to me....with a smile...like I should be grateful, a compliment to my "mounds of joy".

So I did choice 3 then choice 4. And I hope that guy has 4 girls that look like me but really are stupid and choose #5.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
tobyornottoby said:
Because one's a positive and one's a negative! Women dressing the way they want gives men a positive feeling (look, boobies), whereas men staring like creeps give women a negative feeling. Of course I have more problems with the second than with the first!

Also, biology does dictate that for women to a certain extent. Their body evolved as a sexually signaling device.
That's your own personal interpretation. I personally see woman displaying cleavage as a negative as it's a distraction and does not serve to deeply enrich anyone emotionally or psychologically. Instead, woman do it in order to garner the sexual attention of men, drawing away from their personality and objectifying themselves. That being said, obviously looking at a woman's chest is a positive to the man staring, but I guess his feelings don't count in this scenario (according to your logic). No, if a woman decides to intentionally objectify herself that way, than she's merely being a hypocrite to get angry when a man is doing the same (imo). To say that a woman should be able to wear whatever she wants, regardless of how blatantly provocative it is, with the obvious intention of getting a few glances, and a man is a pig to stare, despite the incredible temptation some men (especially teenagers) are going to face, is unfair at best and misandristic at worst.

Also, your assessment about biology is rather biased. To say that woman have a biological prerogative to display their sexual organs but men do not have the prerogative to look at the part of woman's body that their own biology is attracted to (basically both doing, according to you, what their biology dictates) is a ridiculous double standard.