A setting for a game which has not been over used.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Maybe a game in the startrek universe were you climb up from random crewmember #1billion with one of the many races/factions to the position of starship commander or something.

Gerrawn

Apr 2, 2009
A world war 2 game, but here's the twist: in the campaign you play as a german soldier.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
irishstormtrooper said:
Think about it this way. They haven't been used because the fighting wouldn't be that great. It's too late to have just swords and the like, but its too early for guns to be all that effective (spending 20 seconds between each shot reloading isn't all that exciting). If it was a sandbox game, once again, the combat would be really boring, unless you use magic or something, in which case it doesn't really matter what time period it's in.
I think the reloading thing would be thrilling don't you?

Imagine if they could make it so that you took the shot, missed and had to manually reload using the controller (or motion control if need be) while trying to find cover and not letting the opponent hit you, would be really exciting because you couldn't just spam him and kill him, you'd have to be fast, accurate and intelligent. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Amorphisbob

Jun 10, 2009
The Event Horizon after being sucked through the wormhole for the 2nd time. you play as Lawrence Fishbourne's character, fighting off the horrors of the multiple dimensions you pass through over the course of the game in a seemingly futile effort to return home

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
How about a futuristic setting where everything has NOT gone to hell, or is about to anyway. How awesome would a Fallout or GTA style game be if it were set in a utopia instead of a dystopia?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Feudal Japan
Ancient Rome
babylon
Mt. Olympus
Ancient Europe
Ancient Asia
Ancient Americas
The north(and south) pole
Hymalayas
Peru
Columbia
Atlantis
Birmingham(lol)
Alaska
Canada(eh)
The Galactic Core
The center of the earth
Korea
Australia
And many many more....

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
A utopia.

Show me a game with a utopia setting.
The only way I can see that is if it was like the Sims except without money.

I want to see more games that did what Pirates of the Caribbean Online did and let you recruit other people to be a part of your crew so you can be the captain of a ship... it was actually really well done and I'd like to see more stuff like that.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
TerribleAssassin said:
WWI, then again, only a few have the balls required to make a game about where thousands of people died.
Here are the dev team who have made a war game
Infinity Ward
Treyarch
Replay Studios
The guys who made Vakyria Chronicles
EA
Crytek
Ubisoft(and maybe montreal)
Sega(empire total war)
Lucasarts(Star Wars)
THQ(Dawn of War)
Blizzard(Warcraft)
And many more...

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Gerrawn said:
A world war 2 game, but here's the twist: in the campaign you play as a german soldier.
That is actually a good idea. As long as it isn't stupid. If they say: Speak German, use german weapons, has sounds that are more like real life and not some guy going pew into a microphone, and makes no reference to the holocaust, there is no reason to get controversial when your only trying to show a different point of view.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
daywalker1776 said:
Game developers will only listen to WWII, so I like the idea of an alternative. USMC and Red Army soldier taking part in the mainland invasion of Japan, starting with he tutorial being the Battle of Okinawa, continuing to the landings, the detonations of the nuclear bombs, the quick realizations that the bombs can kill Americans and Russians too (they didn't know about radiation sickness) and the Jap's launching their own atomic weapons (they did have their own). At least 5, at most 10 acts, culminating in the attack on Tokyo by both Allied forces simultaneously, and the taking of the Emperors crib. All this while passing it of as a documentary, and the very beginning of the game, as well as the end, is a college professor teaching the course, and busting out in tears over having to cover the invasion, because he had to take part in it, and the camera panning to see a picture of the squad you fought with, only older looking, and a single tear dropping on the picture. Actually, never mind, I am calling my lawyer to gain intellectual property over this. Suck it beatches.
Now that it is in the public domain and has been read by the us you cannot get intellectual property over it without making substantial changes :p
Fanfic of this idea time methinks :)

Hristo Petrov

Nov 11, 2009
How about a game whose protagonist is a zombie viking who lives in a steampunk world and hunts vampire nazi Jehovah's witnesses who are trying to find a evil ancient tome that will allow them to resurrect Jack Thompson.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
Veldt Falsetto said:
irishstormtrooper said:
Think about it this way. They haven't been used because the fighting wouldn't be that great. It's too late to have just swords and the like, but its too early for guns to be all that effective (spending 20 seconds between each shot reloading isn't all that exciting). If it was a sandbox game, once again, the combat would be really boring, unless you use magic or something, in which case it doesn't really matter what time period it's in.
I think the reloading thing would be thrilling don't you?

Imagine if they could make it so that you took the shot, missed and had to manually reload using the controller (or motion control if need be) while trying to find cover and not letting the opponent hit you, would be really exciting because you couldn't just spam him and kill him, you'd have to be fast, accurate and intelligent. Sounds like a great idea to me.
It would interesting and intense the first couple times. However, if it was your only means of killing enemies, it would get tiresome really fast.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
BJ777 said:
TerribleAssassin said:
WWI, then again, only a few have the balls required to make a game about where thousands of people died.
Here are the dev teams who have made a war game
Infinity Ward
Treyarch
Replay Studios
The guys who made Vakyria Chronicles
EA
Crytek
Ubisoft(and maybe montreal)
Sega(empire total war)
Lucasarts(Star Wars)
THQ(Dawn of War)
Blizzard(Warcraft)
And many more...
Not World War 1, last time I checked on a wiki page, only a handful, about 30 have been made about World War 1, and the majority were flight combats.