A setting for a game which has not been over used.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
chimpzy said:
Ancient Egypt
Feudal Japan
Victorian England
Russian Tsardom
Gaul (ancient France)
17th century Caribbean
American Civil War
Colonial Africa
Mayan Empire
... etc.

History is rife with interesting settings for a game. All they need is a developer with the will and creativity to make it work.
Egypt would be cool to look at, but what would you do?

eggsandbacon202

Oct 23, 2010
Maybe A First Person RPG Set In Rome Where You Start As A Lowly Soldier Or Merchant Or Whatever Job And Work Your Way Up Until You Can Maybe Become Emperor And Deal With Taxes, Goths, Keeping People Happy And A BUNCH Of Other Stuff Until The Empire Splits And You Can Choose To Save The West Or Build Up The East And You Can Have Kids And A Family Tree ALLLLLLLLL The Way To The Fall of Constantinople But You Could Still Save It And The Empire Keeps Going Until Now

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Westerns, man. Fortunately, the success of Red Dead Redemption means that we'll probably start to see them more often than once every couple of years.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
kids in the 90,s with PSI powers as a RPG
or GTA Amsterdam seriously HOW HARD is it to make a crime game set in the drugs capital of the world?
PS or maybe Edo Japan

blxtnsq

Nov 12, 2009
We need Prehistoric settings! Dinosaurs! Cavemen! Giant Tigers! FUCK YEAH!

Or a steampunk setting for an RPG would be epic. I really liked the fantasy setting of Morrowind. It hasn't been overused because it was almost completely original, it actually felt like a different world. Oblivion was a let down in that regard but here's hoping Elder Scrolls V is just as unique as the third!

SuperNashwan

Oct 1, 2010
Saturday night in any small English town. All melee / hand to hand combat, with power ups coming in the form of dropped kebabs with chilli sauce you can run over. Bonus points for kicking in the glass at bus stops. If you come across one of the super-rare crates of Stella Artois, you get a 20 second beserker mode. Putting a traffic cone on your head grants you invulnerability for 30 seconds.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
a tale of two cities: the game

(now they've started turning classical literature {the divine comedy} in to games, theres no stopping them)

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
henritje said:
or GTA Amsterdam seriously HOW HARD is it to make a crime game set in the drugs capital of the world?
PS or maybe Edo Japan
90's kids with PSI powers? Sounds like the Mother series to me.

I don't know about Amsterdam though. Imagine doing a car chase mission in Amsterdam's narrow streets (and you just know every GTA needs at least one). Sounds like a recipe for frustration to me.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
BearSharkTopus said:
I'd kinda like to see a Zulu War FPS. I've always wanted to play as an English soldier at the last stand at Rorke's Drift.
If you thought people raging over L4D2 being racist was bad, imagine a game where you play an invading white man gunning down technologically inferior Africans.

Nagisa94

Oct 12, 2010
Angerwing said:
BearSharkTopus said:
I'd kinda like to see a Zulu War FPS. I've always wanted to play as an English soldier at the last stand at Rorke's Drift.
If you thought people raging over L4D2 being racist was bad, imagine a game where you play an invading white man gunning down technologically inferior Africans.
Good point...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
chimpzy said:
henritje said:
PS or maybe Edo Japan
90's kids with PSI powers? Sounds like the Mother series to me.

I don't know about Amsterdam though. Imagine doing a car chase mission in Amsterdam's narrow streets (and you just know every GTA needs at least one). Sounds like a recipe for frustration to me.
but Mother,s/Earthbound,s setting is never used outside its series on GTA Amsterdam maybe a BOAT chase there are ALLOT of historical Grachten in Amsterdam