A setting for a game which has not been over used.

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
THEJORRRG said:
Other actual planets. We have Red Faction............uhh......
and zone of the enders (plus its sequel the second runner), armored core 2, and uh...nope..thats it

somewhere in australia, and make sure its somewhere other than sydney or the outback thankyou

daywalker1776

Mar 16, 2009
Game developers will only listen to WWII, so I like the idea of an alternative. USMC and Red Army soldier taking part in the mainland invasion of Japan, starting with he tutorial being the Battle of Okinawa, continuing to the landings, the detonations of the nuclear bombs, the quick realizations that the bombs can kill Americans and Russians too (they didn't know about radiation sickness) and the Jap's launching their own atomic weapons (they did have their own). At least 5, at most 10 acts, culminating in the attack on Tokyo by both Allied forces simultaneously, and the taking of the Emperors crib. All this while passing it of as a documentary, and the very beginning of the game, as well as the end, is a college professor teaching the course, and busting out in tears over having to cover the invasion, because he had to take part in it, and the camera panning to see a picture of the squad you fought with, only older looking, and a single tear dropping on the picture. Actually, never mind, I am calling my lawyer to gain intellectual property over this. Suck it beatches.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Horny Ico said:
Angerwing said:
BearSharkTopus said:
I'd kinda like to see a Zulu War FPS. I've always wanted to play as an English soldier at the last stand at Rorke's Drift.
If you thought people raging over L4D2 being racist was bad, imagine a game where you play an invading white man gunning down technologically inferior Africans.
You mean Resident Evil 5 without zombies?
Basically, but without the (imo, legitimate) justification of "But they're zombies!". They're just black people. And you're shooting them. Because black people are the enemy.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
badgersprite said:
Pre-colonisation South America. That shit would be awesome in a game. Let me play as the Aztecs or something. Or take me to the Pacific Islands or Hawaii or something. Those are some fierce warriors with an untapped mythology.

Plenty if places in the ancient world could use more love too. I need more Khans and Mongol warlords in my video games.
AoE III. Yes it isn't the best but one of the expansions (War Chiefs) has exactly that.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
daywalker1776 said:
Game developers will only listen to WWII, so I like the idea of an alternative. USMC and Red Army soldier taking part in the mainland invasion of Japan, starting with he tutorial being the Battle of Okinawa, continuing to the landings, the detonations of the nuclear bombs, the quick realizations that the bombs can kill Americans and Russians too (they didn't know about radiation sickness) and the Jap's launching their own atomic weapons (they did have their own). At least 5, at most 10 acts, culminating in the attack on Tokyo by both Allied forces simultaneously, and the taking of the Emperors crib. All this while passing it of as a documentary, and the very beginning of the game, as well as the end, is a college professor teaching the course, and busting out in tears over having to cover the invasion, because he had to take part in it, and the camera panning to see a picture of the squad you fought with, only older looking, and a single tear dropping on the picture. Actually, never mind, I am calling my lawyer to gain intellectual property over this. Suck it beatches.
Need capital for that?

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
henritje said:
chimpzy said:
henritje said:
kids in the 90,s with PSI powers as a RPG
or GTA Amsterdam seriously HOW HARD is it to make a crime game set in the drugs capital of the world?
PS or maybe Edo Japan
90's kids with PSI powers? Sounds like the Mother series to me.

I don't know about Amsterdam though. Imagine doing a car chase mission in Amsterdam's narrow streets (and you just know every GTA needs at least one). Sounds like a recipe for frustration to me.
but Mother,s/Earthbound,s setting is never used outside its series on GTA Amsterdam maybe a BOAT chase there are ALLOT of historical Grachten in Amsterdam
Nah. If car chases are your thing just set the game in Stockholm. Google "Escape from Stockholm" if you're not sure why.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
SuperNashwan said:
Saturday night in any small English town. All melee / hand to hand combat, with power ups coming in the form of dropped kebabs with chilli sauce you can run over. Bonus points for kicking in the glass at bus stops. If you come across one of the super-rare crates of Stella Artois, you get a 20 second beserker mode. Putting a traffic cone on your head grants you invulnerability for 30 seconds.
Sounds like Canberra...

Anyone here good at making flash games?

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Gallipoli?
If it was handled carfully it could be really good or for that fact, and games set during the 1st and 2nd world war from an ANZAC soliders perspective.

nohorsetown

Dec 8, 2007
Futuristic Scientologist-dominated Earth(Teegeeack) & surrounding planets. You're a member of the Sea ORG, or an evolution thereof, and you travel around "getting in Ethics", which means using your special "ethics" and "dianetics" powers to kill or subdue aliens / freezoner pirates / anonymous cultists. Sometimes you audit people and submerge yourself in their subconscious, fighting all kindsa weird shit while clearing out their reactive minds. You can also use the E-meter to save your game, upgrade your skills, etc.

SuperNashwan

Oct 1, 2010
Isaac The Grape said:
SuperNashwan said:
Saturday night in any small English town. All melee / hand to hand combat, with power ups coming in the form of dropped kebabs with chilli sauce you can run over. Bonus points for kicking in the glass at bus stops. If you come across one of the super-rare crates of Stella Artois, you get a 20 second beserker mode. Putting a traffic cone on your head grants you invulnerability for 30 seconds.
Sounds like Canberra...

Nice to know weekend urban violence is a global phenomenon :D

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
We need more SteamPunk!

Games set in Victorian England would be great fun as well. I'm talking about RPGs here, not shooters.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Norse mythology. theres a lot of cool stuff there. I know it has been done before, but still, teh title just say hasn't been over-used, not unseen, and i'd like to kick some ass as a viking.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
SuperNashwan said:
Isaac The Grape said:
SuperNashwan said:
Sounds like Canberra...

Nice to know weekend urban violence is a global phenomenon :D
Yup, we even have our own local fighting styles named after different suburbs. I happen to be a 3rd grade Bruce in Charnwood Labor Club Fu.

SuperNashwan

Oct 1, 2010
Isaac The Grape said:
Yup, we even have our own local fighting styles named after different suburbs. I happen to be a 3rd grade Bruce in Charnwood Labor Club Fu.
Awesome! I am a Grandmaster in Aberdeen Run Away Kwon Do :D

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
SuperNashwan said:
Isaac The Grape said:
Awesome! I am a Grandmaster in Aberdeen Run Away Kwon Do :D
Does that involve fighting with broken glass?