A setting for a game which has not been over used.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Erana said:
Why don't they use cruise boats more often? I mean, its a big setting with all the shops and people you could dream of, along with reasonable barriers for the player's environment. If they really needed a new location, they could just shove the protagonist to another ship.
I actually thought that would be a great setting for a horror game (while it would be good for a zombie horror game, imagine one with a whole invincible foe chasing you around in one of those places. Those just narrow and long enough hallways would haunt you forever.)

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
The Epic of Gilgamesh

Plot takes place during the story of Gilgamesh. Your job is to travel the world and collect all of the greatest treasures man has ever made and/or taken from the Gods. You're also searching for immortality, in which the Gods are constantly trying to kill you because of your pompus nature and bastard child status, being only 2/3 God yourself.

The entire game would be co-op, except the first level, which would be a prologue in which you fight who will soon become your best friend: Enkidu. The two of you destroy half your city wrestling eachother into submission and would fight until one person is out of life. The rest of the game would be awesome co-op action where you try to survive all the mythical beatss the Gods send your way as you travel through Persia, Rome and the Nordic lands.

Variety of settings + amazing story + brotastic co-op = Best. Game. EVAR!

The Long Road

Sep 3, 2010
Joseph James said:
I would like to see a setting which takes place inside someones mind, not like 'Freeman's Mind' [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M] inside the mind, I mean like playing through someones sub conscious or their dreams.
Have you even watched this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2-Psychonauts] series?

Loviathan

Mar 25, 2010
On an aircraft, mid flight. - I can't really think of any games like this, but I can imagine that it could be executed really well if someone had the vision to do it.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Vietnam. Why are there not more games set in Vietnam!? I don't think i'm alone in saying that that would be brilliant.

Adamc-mh said:
Motherwell in Scotland.Ha! doubt anybody even knows that place.
I do. And that would be quite fun, if it was done GTA style. I can't really think of any other way of doing it. Still any game where I could kill endless hordes of neds in tracksuits would be a must buy for me.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
badgersprite said:
Pre-colonisation South America. That shit would be awesome in a game. Let me play as the Aztecs or something.
Look, Sid Meier made enough people hate Montezuma already, let's not end up working for him.

LordCuthberton said:
A utopia.

Show me a game with a utopia setting.
Easy. Dwarf Fortress.

...What?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Trifixion said:
Utah. Soooo many possibilities...

I'm kind of thinking a Starcraft-type game where it's suddenly discovered that Utah is indeed the central nexus of deific power on the planet, and you control one of several various cults who are attempting to fight for control of it...
Mormoncraft?

The War of 1812 is pretty underused. I guess because people don't want to use (oh wait, Reach), and game companies think they don't want to play as the English.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I have to say

the Aztecs, the Mayans (any mesoamerican prehispanic culture actually)were quite an amazing group of people, if they used them (with all their magic and legends) to build a game out of it, let me point it out.

you have "hunting" "mistics" "particularly fatal ball games" "Gods" "demons" "warriors" "sacred relics" "monsters" "war" "peace" "incredible monuments" etc etc etc.

damn... its a whole "lore" that has gone unexplored by videogames, i´m sick of seing all those "medieval fantasy" things, I WANT TO TURN INTO A DAMN JAGUAR AND KILL MY ENEMIES!, OR FIGHT QUETZALCOATL FOR THE GOOD OF TLALOC!.

i have seen them only in Age of Empires, and they didnt made them justice.

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Shridder said:
On an aircraft, mid flight. - I can't really think of any games like this, but I can imagine that it could be executed really well if someone had the vision to do it.
The end of Modern Warfare. . .

HighLordJimmy

Dec 11, 2009
Sometime during the Napoleonic Wars, or just generally around that era. It'd be awesome to go charging at people with bayoneted muskets.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Adamc-mh said:
Motherwell in Scotland.Ha! doubt anybody even knows that place.
I also know of this mythical "Motherwell"...

On topic: Personally I think some of the clan warfare and infighting that has taken place in Scottish history could make an interesting game.

Also ancient Egypt, because chariot drive bys would be awesome if done well.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
GideonB said:
How about North Korea... It ain't been done before... I don't think.
Bzzt! Wrong!

I suggest Detroit.

No, wait, post-apocalyptic games are everywhere...

How about one where you play as a butt? And you can scream in terror whenever your owner tries to sit down only your screams sound like poots.

freedomweasel

Sep 24, 2010
Joseph James said:
I would like to see a setting which takes place inside someones mind, not like 'Freeman's Mind' [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M] inside the mind, I mean like playing through someones sub conscious or their dreams.
like psychonauts?

Sinker

Jan 19, 2009
For me not enough games are played in the twisted land scape of peoples minds see psychonauts as an example.