A setting for a game which has not been over used.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Adamc-mh said:
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
Adamc-mh said:
Motherwell in Scotland.Ha! doubt anybody even knows that place.
I also know of this mythical "Motherwell"...

On topic: Personally I think some of the clan warfare and infighting that has taken place in Scottish history could make an interesting game.

Also ancient Egypt, because chariot drive bys would be awesome if done well.
Haha "mythical" really quite a shithole :L
A metaphorical hell on earth?

Leximodicon said:
A vintage Steampunk design similar to "Steamboy" would be cool. Maybe in the style of Fallout 3/New Vegas or even just a straight up Steam/Sci-Fi FPS.
Steampunk/anachronism type settings haven't yet reached their full potential yet.

Idea: A rifle type weapon that breach loads like a revolver, with cycling barrels moved round by a shotgun esqe pump action.

Its like a cross of all my favourite "standard" fps weapons.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Spanish civil war (during world war 2)...Actually, how about anything from world war 2 that happened outside of france....The winter war has potential for a game.
Russian revolution hasn't been done, and could be interesting.
We need more proper cyberpunk games, dues ex was/is awesome, I want more dammit.
Sci-fi games have a habit of going way into the distant future and tend to be set on some random planet, it could be cool to have a game set on the moon, look back down on (possibly broken) earth.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
There has been no steampunk anything besides Bioshock/Arcanum:Really long title.

Very few Vietnam games, and the ones that are out aren't very good. I guess ShellShock was an ok series.

A future dystopian America that isn't completely bombarded by nukes. How about a dystopian future were everyone is fat and stupid were you must escape a corporate society? (sigh) Dreams.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Joseph James said:
I would like to see a setting which takes place inside someones mind, not like 'Freeman's Mind' [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M] inside the mind, I mean like playing through someones sub conscious or their dreams.
So, Psychonauts then.

Also, arguably, the good Silent Hill games.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
I genuinely think this has not been over used...

GTA IV setting: Specifically a "real world" with a meloncholic quality and reasonably grounded in reality. I think GTA does something that no one else can. I fully expect the next GTA to carry on from TBoGT with its over the top style, so I would love to see more games in the style of GTA IV.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Ancient Egypt
Feudal Japan
Victorian England
Russian Tsardom
Gaul (ancient France)
17th century Caribbean
American Civil War
Colonial Africa
Mayan Empire
... etc.

History is rife with interesting settings for a game. All they need is a developer with the will and creativity to make it work.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
One setting that no one ever uses is that time in the Bible when the Hebrews crossed the river Jordan and killed everybody that didn't submit to God's command. Fun times.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
WHERE are our WWI themed games?! we got WWII down, but WWI is underrepresented! and i can never get enough genuine victorian steampunk!