About The Elder Scrolls 6...

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
RangerDruid said:
TheIronRuler said:
canadamus_prime said:
Holy crap. After reading this I KNOW they will NOT make a game there.
Ah, such a shame. I would have adored the landscape.
You know, Bethesda could always redo the lore/cannon since this information was established in, what, the first or second game?
If they'll simplify it a bit, then yes, I'd love it.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
You know what guys... Instead of looking at a game that WILL NOT be realease for another 4-7 years, how about we look at exspansions!!!! I would pay full price for Elderscrolls 5 exp no questions asked.
Whateveralot said:
I'd love to see an expansion pack of Skyrim which allows you to travel through High Rock.
Basicly this, also being able to explore the ruins of Morrowind would be awsome.

But in truth the graphics of TES 4 to TES 5 is not a very big increase. The reason for that is we are maxing out on how good graphics can be. Also the Engine of TES 5 is about as good as its going to get for this generation (with the exeption of path finding :( ). So I say lets not bother with TES 6 untill the next gen of graphics and CPU's. And lets focus on EXPANSIONS!!!!!!

KingHodor

Aug 30, 2011
Akavir. Akavir. Akavir.

My first reaction to the announcement of a TES4? "Wait, Oblivion? I wanted Akavir!"
My first reaction to the announcement of an add-on to TESIV? "Wait, The Shivering Isles? I wanted Akavir!"
My first reaction to the announcement of a TES4? "Wait, Skyrim? I wanted Akavir! But holy f***ing shit, that trailer looks badass."

Actually, I am still hoping that the add-on to Skyrim will be set in Akavir. I mean lore-wise, it's the continent of dragons. Seeing as how they finally have an engine capable of doing those, it would be a definite possibility.

As for the others... Yokuda? Wasn't that one destroyed?
The Summerset Isles/Valenwood? Ugh, I hate the Altmer and Bosmer so much, I think I'd rather play a game set on Thras, home of the Sload, a race of evil slug-man necromancers(and, according to Morrowind, apparently also master soapmakers).

RangerDruid

Oct 16, 2011
KingHodor said:
Akavir. Akavir. Akavir.

My first reaction to the announcement of a TES4? "Wait, Oblivion? I wanted Akavir!"
My first reaction to the announcement of an add-on to TESIV? "Wait, The Shivering Isles? I wanted Akavir!"
My first reaction to the announcement of a TES4? "Wait, Skyrim? I wanted Akavir! But holy f***ing shit, that trailer looks badass."

Actually, I am still hoping that the add-on to Skyrim will be set in Akavir. I mean lore-wise, it's the continent of dragons. Seeing as how they finally have an engine capable of doing those, it would be a definite possibility.

As for the others... Yokuda? Wasn't that one destroyed?
The Summerset Isles/Valenwood? Ugh, I hate the Altmer and Bosmer so much, I think I'd rather play a game set on Thras, home of the Sload, a race of evil slug-man necromancers(and, according to Morrowind, apparently also master soapmakers).
I dont know much about Yokuda, but if it did get destroyed.. Why not a prequel? Same would for Vvardenfell.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Summerset was in the works for a while but was scrapped for Morrowind. Mainland Morrowind is unlikely, since there has already been a TES: Morrowind. Also Hammerfell and High Rock have already been visited. I think it's likely going to be Elsweyr or Black Marsh, since leaving Tamriel is unlikely what with the series' direction so far, though I would really like to see Akavir.

TheCakeisALie87

Jun 7, 2010
Anyone else think the biggest change they should make in Elder Scrolls 6 is actually making people talk like real people? I think the quests are amazing in Skyrim in scope, number, and variety, but the people just stand there. I know it is a minor thing, but I think the weekly podcast said it best in that their world has approached the Uncanny Valley in its realism. Fixing the talking animations would greatly help this problem.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
It would be interesting to see what's going on in the Dominion, assuming the Empire remains broken up in the next game.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
I want a game that has it ALL, Massive game would be massive.
Or just make the player a dragon that flys around to destroy everything in a mini game point gathering spree....

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Terrara said:
I don't know, but i do want to see more of black marsh and akavir maybe? Elsewyr also seems like a popular option.
Also, why is it medieval for how many centuries? It's been 200 years(I think?) from end of oblivion already so wth? I understand magic and stuff, but c'mon! More advanced magic based machines? Just look at the observatory! WHy do we have to rely on dead nations for "shiny mysterious all-powerfull machines"?
It's heavily implied that the Dwemer were wiped out because the Gods saw their technological advancements as some sort of challenge to their power, and punished them appropriately, so the reason Tamriel (and logically by extension, the entirety of Nirn) has been stagnating technologically since before even the first game was set is because the various races would kind of like to keep existing.

My memory may be failing me here, but I'm pretty sure the last living Dwemer (I believe he has that 'corpus' disease, or whatever it's called, explaining his reason for still being alive) explicitly tells you this in Morrowind, and that the only reason he wasn't wiped out with his kinsmen was because he was in one of the Planes of Oblivion (or something like that, I know he makes a reference to another dimension at one point) for some arbitrary reason when it happened.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
It'll be about 5 years until the next one (possibly next generation consoles), but I would like to see Hammerfell AND High Rock.

Apr 28, 2008
Eh, whatever works.

I'd love to explore Akivir though. Apparently the Neverine(Can never spell it right. It's the Morrowind hero) went there. Would be interesting to explore.

But yeah, I'm good with whatever. Would prefer Akivir if pressed.

I just wonder what the story will be. All the previous Elder Scrolls games have been building to Skyrim with that prophecy thing.

Staff of Chaos - Arena

Numidian(I think. Can't remember 100% on this. I think it was talking about the numidian. Or maybe it was the death of the king of Daggerfall...) - Daggerfall

Dagoth Ur/Nerevarine - Morrowind

Oblivion Crisis - Oblivion

Death of Nord King - Skyrim

Or, something like that. I'm sure it's much better written and more, well, prophetic. But still.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Radoh said:
I see that map and only one thing comes to mind. I want to go back home to Morrowind.
I'm sick of these other lands so full of racist Nords and Imperials.
So you'd rather racist dark elves instead?

Come to think of it, I might too. Makes the cleansing of the elves far more fun and challenging for my racist imperial. :)

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
We've already seen High Rock and most of Hammerfell in Daggerfall. Personally, I want to see the southern provinces, so I can kill as many furries as I can in Elsweyr. All in the name of the Emperor, you understand.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Personally, I think if they're going to do another they'd do Valenwood and Elsweyr together, because together they make up the same size as Skyrim.
I'm not sure what sort of terrain they are, but I always imagined Valedwood to be very jungle-y and Elsweyr to be very desert-y, so I reckon they could be a really cool combination.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Elswyer, the mythology and changes in culture would interest me more than the faux-viking set up from Skyrim.