Acess Denied

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Then they use the SAME DISC.
They do not COPY THE DISC.
And I suppose I was the only one they found out...
I've seen many people reiterate this to you. YOU DON'T NEED THE CDS TO PLAY WOW. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT. The reason he would be copying his friend's files is so that he doesn't have to waste time downloading them himself. I've done the same thing with my Guild Wars account when I lost the .dat file once. Rather than spend the time downloading it all over again, I used a friend's.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
awes0mepenguin said:
why is it illegal to copy WoW, when you need an account to play in the first place? Am I missing something?
Because you need to pay for the disc you buy?
They make money on that too, you know
When you buy a disk you pay for the account, not the mass produced bit of plastic. You pay the same amount for an account created online.

EDIT: Forgot to actually contribute to the thread :D

Is the hard drive format one that your operating system can write to? Or maybe you simply don't have access rights on that account, so you need to edit them using an administrator account.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Adzma said:
HE WASN'T ABOUT TO DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT, HE WAS GOING TO COPY THE FILES, AND THAT IS ILLEGAL.

And... you know what, no.
Read my other posts until you get my point
\

And were you using this 'illegally copied client' on Blizzard's servers with a legally paid for retail key, or were there other shinanegans here you aren't telling us about?

Cause, and this is fact, Blizzard isn't in the business of denying people access to a service they are currently paying for.

That said, on a Netbook, eh? Dag. There's really two options here for you.

1- Download the client from their website, and update it into working order. You won't need any product keys or anything, that's tied into your already activated account. Anyone who says you can't is full of crap. I'm doing it on this computer here. Hell, you can log into your account on anyone else's client. And for anyone says you have to -buy the cds- you could go to best buy and get them for a dollar. Yes. -A DOLLAR.-
2- Get a USB CD-Rom.

And anyone who says 'But you need a retail key' can keep quiet. He already has one. You need it to -have a subscription- in the first place. That's -all- the authentication Blizzard needs or asks you for, and you -never- need to type it in again, anywhere.

alinos

Nov 18, 2009
its not illegal to copy someone elses game unless your actually going to use it via an illegal means

i can copy everyone of your games and if i am able to obtain my own legal CD keys for every game i have done nothing wrong

its only illegal when theft occurs and when we purchase a PC game we pay for the Access rights(CD key) to play the game the software isn't illegal inless played illegaly

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
Oh and guys, I haven't had any crack in weeks, PLEAAASE BRAH GIMME SOME MONEY THIS IS THE LAST TIME I SWEAR CMONNN I NEEEEED THIS.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Blizzard doesn't care a rat's fucking ass about the game itself being passed around. Why? Because that price tag on the box is what you pay for the SERIAL KEY. The discs are inconsequential. You can get the client for free from Blizzard, they really don't give a fuck. Christ you guys are idiots sometimes (read: a lot of times).
alinos said:
its not illegal to copy someone elses game unless your actually going to use it via an illegal means

i can copy everyone of your games and if i am able to obtain my own legal CD keys for every game i have done nothing wrong

its only illegal when theft occurs and when we purchase a PC game we pay for the Access rights(CD key) to play the game the software isn't illegal inless played illegaly
At least this guy is on the fucking ball.

Blizzard isn't in the business of denying people access to a service they are currently paying for.
Except on Tuesdays :D.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
TOGSolid said:
Blizzard doesn't care a rat's fucking ass about the game itself being passed around. Why? Because that price tag on the box is what you pay for the SERIAL KEY. The discs are inconsequential. You can get the client for free from Blizzard, they really don't give a fuck. Christ you guys are idiots sometimes (read: a lot of times)
Thank you. Finally someone who understands how everything works.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
That is because his argument is stupid. There is no way that Blizz took him to court for four times the value of the game. Assuming that includes all three games, and using the highest price I can find, that is 280 dollars US (I don't know what the conversion for him would be). Hiring a single lawyer for an hour costs that much. Taking him to court would be fucking stupid. Blizz makes billions of dollars, their CEO wipes his ass with hundred dollar bills, do you really think one person "pirating" the game that is free to download anyways is even a drop in the bucket to them?

OT : If you have not done so yet I would say download it anyways. Not for the "piracy" reasons which are stupid but for the fact that there may be gameplay issues and such. The Blizz downloader is considerably quicker then it used to be so it won't be too bad.

Edit : I R GUD SPLLER

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
Vlane said:
No they're not. Blizzard doesn't like them but that doesn't make them illegal to play on and it's legal to host one.
Hosting an unlicensed server in a game is illegal.
And you have to tamper with the files to play on one, which is also illegal.

Copyright law - They need to improve it
So Blizzard is making laws?

And tampering with some files is not illegal otherwise some addons wouldn't work.

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Can a mod please lock this topic? Its just a big arguement/flame war/stupid discussion now.
And I fixed the problem and it was very very easy to solve.