Actions in Games That Made You Physically Uncomfortable.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Shanicus said:
Vault101 said:
while not an "action" per'se ...

in Mass effect 3 (endgame camp) you can hear a conversation where a medic is instructing a civilian over the radio in providing first aid for some guy who got his leg blown off

It was so painful to hear I actually had to get away...
Trust me, you heard the pleasant part if it's just about the guy needing first aid... what happens afterwards made even me sad, .'
jesus christ..I'll take your word for it...but that game just doesnt let up

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
many of the Daedric Quests in skyrim I cant help but feel like they are leading to somethin akin to the relese of H.p. lovecraftian monster

back in dragon age one the quest to gain the elves help
I felt really bad about clobbering them after i learned their story

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I accidentally killed Quelaag's sister in Dark souls.

I thought she was an illusive wall so I gave her two pokes with my halberd. I ended up googling it up because I thought something was off (I mean, when does wall give humanity?). She turned out to be such a sweet girl too :'(

It was eating me up for that whole playthrough.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
For the longest time I believed Silent Hill to be the most atmospheric horror tile out there, but than I bought Rule Of Rose. It's probably the most unnerving unsettling experiences I've ever had with anything outside my nightmares. The characters and the world they inhabit looks off, feels off, and sounds off. Everything about the game feels as if something more sinister and vile is behind it, even after it "wraps up". I don't know how to properly explain it, because this isn't a game featuring grotesque monstrosities or even a particularly strong threat (Although you are as weak as a wet napkin).

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
For some reason killing the Colossi in Shadow of the colossus made me sad, most likely due to the music.

I almost couldn't kill some of the later ones because i felt bad for them.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
This isn't really a spoiler since it's early and obvious, but the first time I killed Dog in DA:O really hit me in the gut. My first guy was a human noble so I was stuck with him and appreciated that he didn't ***** at me when I did evil stuff. Then with my next guy I automatically did the evil thing and it was really depressing. All the times afterwards were much easier since I rarely use him and he constantly barks through all the camp conversations.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Say what you will but...The airport scene in MW2.

It was just completely unnecessary and a blatant attempt at causing controvery. There's really no good reason to have it there. No, I'm not "forced" to shoot anyone but I am unable to stop it, which is just as bad.

Apart from that, the Duke Nukem "hive" scene. Made me almost physically sick. Those abortion jokes, the suggested rape...The robotic response Duke has when the twins buy it in that disgusting manner. Makes my spine tingle whenever I think about it. The moment that level was over I immediately turned off the game and repackaged it, demanding a full refund.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Eddie the head said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Eddie the head said:
Well you might want to say spoilers in the title. But the game I want to say it about a year old so if you haven't played it yet you are not going to. Killing Zeke at the end of Infamous 2 evil ending was Uncomfortable to say the least.
Reported for spoiling. Regardless of age you don't fucking spoil a game like that, it just makes you look like a prick.

OT: Strogg conversion in Quake 4.
but, you just spoiled quake 4. you are a hypocrite, sir.

Saltarius

Aug 30, 2011
After I finished Trouble on the Homefront in Fallout 3, I kinda was pissed at thee conclusion and smashed one guys head in on the way out. I sorta just stopped for a second once I had left and just...thought about the innocence lost, y'know?

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Watching Prototype in general, I didn't like the mass slaughter of innocent people in that game, put me out of my comfort zone there.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
uh, this is a little different, but my situation is not uncomfortable in the "oh, that must've hurt" way, but like the sexually tense way.
P.s, this is from catherine
when she is toying with vincent, hinting at some hardcore shit he did to her last night, and when she practically rapes him.
the whole game, i was like, " why dont i have two hot girls fighting over me?"

and no, im not some creep that fantasizes about video game characters.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Terminate421 said:
The Molag Bal quest in Skyrim.

Anyone who enjoyed doing that quest is a sick fuck.
The person you were killing was a practitioner of another daedric lord, who's just as evil as Molag Bal, heck Boethiah made you kill all of her followers for shits and giggles.

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
Only thing that comes to mind is the eyeball thing at the end of Dead Space 2, not to mention I failed at like like 8 times.

Besides that, it always bothered me in BioShock whenever I had to "reload" my Plasmids. He stabs himself so hard with that syringe! I wouldn't say I'm afraid of needles, but I definitely don't like them, so that animation always annoyed me. Maybe that's why on my first playthrough I almost never used Plasmids, ever.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In mass effect on my renegade play though when I killed the rachni queen, didn't like doing that. Kinda felt like killing a random japanese women because I knew someone who knew someone who died at pearl harbor.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
Brighton_Game_Trader said:
And as final example Red Dead Redemption - walking outside at the end.... *sobs*
THERE WAS A BACK DOOR MARSTON, A BACK DOOR!

OT - In Dwarf Fortress I had a fail-safe system in the event the upper levels of our fortress were overran. The system would flood the upper levels of the fortress and seal off the lower levels, drowning all intruders (and unlucky dwarfs).

Well it was hard enough to actually pull it and flood half of my beautiful fortress. It was so much worse when the weight of the water caused the roof of the legendary dining room below to cave in. This rendered the fail-safe worthless, flooded 3/4 of my gold encrusted fortress and allowed the intruders to murder everybody.

I physically couldn't watch, I stared at the keyboard as hundreds of poor dwarfs died due to my mistake ='(

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Choosing who to side with in the first act of the Witcher 2 made me squirm because both your choices would be the villain in any other game and it was a matter of deciding who I hate less.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Several moments in Heavy Rain,
Like the cutting off of a finger, shooting a drug lord in the head (lessened somewhat being the dick shot at me for like three minutes, and stripping Madison for Paco.
Some other moments in Mass Effect 3
Sabotaging the Genophage cure requires you to kill Mordin Solus. I was doing this for my renegade, human first Shepard, and doing that left me feeling so disgusted I actually deleted that save file. Had that Shep since MEOne, and totally ended him ever existing.
Also, I learned from internet that you could totally stop the Geth from evolving by shooting Legion repeatedly.
Say what you will about the game, it can make you feel like a dirtbag.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Playing Half-Life 2. Nothing was particularly wrong with it, but playing the game for 53 minutes made my head hurt in such a way that I had a headache for over a day.

Will never touch that game again.

Captcha: easy as cake

Oh, and parts of Portal gave me a headache as well. Fucking Source.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
The_Deleted said:
Shooting the humanitarian lawyer in GTA IV. For a game that prided itself on choice and freedom and for a story about a guy who's trying to put his bad life behind him, this just took me out of the game. They could have done so much if they'd given us the option to walk away.
Pay closer attention, he's not all that clean either. My decision was to keep a knife for that mission. You can kill him silently, then walk away without ever tripping an alarm. And Niko isn't trying to put crime behind him, he's trying to put his enemies behind him. Remember, until you meet Darko, his goal is to find and murder the man who betrayed him.

So, a gameplay moment or scene that made me uncomfortable... Red Dead Redemption. Every time I had to help Abraham Reyes. I at one point committed suicide in a desperate bid to remove that wretched bastard from the world.

The_Critic

Aug 22, 2011
SPOILER!!! Getting rid of Allistar in DA:O in order to be able to get loghain.SPOILER!!!! Now if you never liked his character they it wasn't that hard for you, but I really liked him and felt like I completely betrayed a friend.

OH BIOWARE GO BACK TO THIS KINDA STUFF PLS!!!