Activision Claims Call of Duty Hasn't Peaked Yet

oranger

May 27, 2008
I'm still not convinced those numbers are true.
STILL. There just aren't that many FPS gamers on this continent, especially when you consider that the last estimate says only something like 30 million people play video games here(read that in an article here, somewhere).

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Wait, so Activison is saying that it's next game will make a shitload of money? That's a bit like saying "if I drink water, I will be hydrated". It's going to happen, it's just a law of nature. Whatever, I'm not going to buy Activison's big middle finger to veterans anyway, so I don't care much about the game. I just think it's funny that people who once hated EA and Halo are now saying that they aren't that bad after experiencing first hand a really bad game and a really greedy publisher.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Eh still picking it up. All those new things in the multiplayer made me want it even more now.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Activision and Infinity Ward don't care about their fans. Bungie on the other hand are awesome to their fans. You have to have played a few Halos and seen a few Reach trailers to understand...we <3 you too Bungie, we <3 you too. *sobs*

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Activison, ever hear the phrase "Over the Hill and gaining Speed" This is you. You have reached popularity peak, and are now speeding towards the bottom of Obscurity mountain.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
You know when they say record they mean the money, they don't care about anything else. But I kinda appreciate that they are trying to improve the game. Black Ops does look great I must admit. I just saw a new MP video about perks and whatnot and it seems the game will be more balanced than MW2 even on consoles. On PC with dedicated servers it will be a good game.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
They forgot to mention Halo: Reach, which now has nearly 2 million pre-orders, as the biggest threat to their sales. Also, for people saying "Oh, people won't buy this game because they got burned by MW2" are wrong. If so many people were burned by MW2, why are the map packs have some of, if not the biggest sales in DLC history? For every person who was burned by MW2, there is another 10,000 who thought it was the best game ever. Black Op will sell, but it will most likely not sell as big as MW2, due to it having to compete with 2 other FPS brands, one of which is huge, and the other is also a modern war shooter.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
It probably won't sell more than MW2, but it will still sell loads because its a good game :)

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Activision plans to break a MW2 record. Which one? The stupidity, idiocy, shallowness, nodediness, unfinishedness or whatthefuckisthisshitness one? Or maybe you just try to force this respected brand to reach total quality bottom? If yes, you are on good way to accomplish that.

I will never.ever buy anything from Activision. Buch of bloodthirsty assholes and retards, they are.

I can't wait to see Replay's move.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Outlaw Torn said:
Captain Price Hero 5: Legends of War.
You have to admit that that would be an awesome game series. OT: I am buying Black Ops because it looks like everything that was broken in MW2 has been fixed.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Reach cannot beat COD BO in sales numbers. Period. The exclusivity is going to be like a train tie in Microsoft's eye when it comes to sales numbers, even though they'll net more overall profit for less sold due to that same agreement.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Activision is trying to hype up a franchise that they killed.

Shameful self bump Activision... shameful.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
metalhead467 said:
Woodsey said:
Uuh.

And to think I was foolish enough to believe they were referring to it's quality.
MY GOD, A COMPANY IS TRYING TO SELL GAMES

SCANDAL
MY GOD, IDIOT PERSON READS POST AND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND, MAKES ILL-FITTING AND SARCASTIC COMMENT.

[small] And normal writing for the mods.[/small]

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Guys, remember this, Black Ops is going to be on the Wii. It is only a small advantage, but it is one that MW2 didn't have. Tap into that market well enough, and you will get gold.